RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

On a side note, in my currently nearly 7 survival months i havnt heard a single helicopter sound so far.

So iam wondering if the event is still in the game.

About 2 Month in and also didn`t noticed it once.

Same here, I just hit 2 months and I did hear one coming close then it just cut out and i never heard it again. Another thing is  if there is a meta event going on (let say a woman screaming) if I walk inside it cuts off entirely to silence, then walk back out, it starts back up, quite strange, you would think it would go to a muffled state going inside than just straight silence. But, other than that the Fmod sound fixes are coming along fantastically!! Love it, you guys are doing great work RJ and company :)

possibly weird question, but are the devs commited to making sure workshop items or customs work or is that suppose to be the responsibility of the modder/creator. I would suspect the latter, and this would suggest that things mentioned in these notes should be vanilla only, but i'm new to this community so I don't quite know how all this is being handled.  I'd just prefer devs focus on the main game/sandbox and let the modders take care of the rest, but I don't live in a world of ME so I understand if this is not the case.

It's the responsibility of the modder. Most we can do is flag them as incompatible for the current (public, non-beta) version of the game, if we get reports to that effect.

Best to find the thread (or comment section on Steam) for the mod and let them know or ask if it's compatible.

No meta sounds are coming trough

Made a new character, Helicoters are freaking rampant on day 6-7 but in my last playthough they weren't.

Also zombies sure love TV, day 6 i was resting in some house and zombies break though the door, no sound, broke the windows, also no sound and congruated on the TV. 

No meta sounds are coming trough

Made a new character, Helicoters are freaking rampant on day 6-7 but in my last playthough they weren't.

Also zombies sure love TV, day 6 i was resting in some house and zombies break though the door, no sound, broke the windows, also no sound and congruated on the TV. 

the woes of programming. Add one thing, spend the rest of your life fixing that one thing. Truly a profession for masochists 

Can anyone check out if they can hear zombies breaking windows and doors of the first floor while the player is on the second floor?

I swear they keep doing ninja break-ins and i never hear them break the door.

I can hear them just its soooo quiet, and sometimes you just cant even hear them at all! its strange, but ill do a few tests and let ya know.

Regarding door noises, I know in my prison I'll often hear a single very loud door bang nearby (same noise as zombies bashing the door).

Sometimes it makes me jump it's so loud.

I haven't been able to work out what it is other than maybe a sound playing loudly when it shouldn't - I'm pretty sure it only happens when time is accelerated (not 100% on that though).

You're gonna kill the heart of countless roleplayers. Else than that, I cannot see why it should be kept (not that I actually are about it ^_^)

Keep it as a serverside option if one wants to host a very specific roleplay server or put it in (Roleplay Options) submenu in Sandbox. Idk, with some mods one could pull off a "It's 2015 Post Apoc Roleplay" as far as the default game goes, it's the 90's, it should be clear so yeah, far as base game goes, the option is pointles.

Edit: I'm all for having cosmetic only options, I'm all for having as many options as possible, .Idc how useful they are