RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

Well, it was that obvious to me anyone experiencing the same problem would know. Before updating I had no issues, now I have delayed lighting effects: Go around a corner and the vision does not update for a few seconds, so everything is still black as if you hadn't gone around the corner. Ran into a huge horde yesterday because the lighting hadn't updated until I was round a corner right in the middle of a group -_-; also experiencing a weird glitch with the lighting loading on tiles for anything so many tiles away from the character, leaving the ground looking blocky with individual linear shadings on each tile. 

The performance issues are regular skips/freezes, for a second or so.

Also noticed my game loading time has increased dramatically from around 20 - 30 seconds upto about a minute.

Just wondered whether other people were experiencing this issue as I've had issues with my laptop recently, perhaps my graphics card is dying :(

Ok So I updated server Via Steam CMD. Am running 33.6 version of IMBUS branch as well.

If My Server was previously running 32.30 do I have to go to player and Server Folder and Delete old files from 32.30 version? I am trying to boot server (Works) is running and listening on port 16261.

Saying Failed to connect to P2p Server.

Port Forwarding and whatnot has already been done and have played on 32.30 for about a month. Trying to set this up so my brother and I can test out the new stuff. Any Help is great.

TCO

Also, In the Public servers while running the beta branch... I don't see any???

EDIT: Hadn't restarted steam after updating via Steam CMD.... Maybe a simple fix.

Will Try a couple things. I saw at the bottom of steam that it said no connection after choosing to opt out of the beta branch by right clicking on PZ and Going to properties. Had to restart for it to uninstall the beta branch, will keep going here in a sec.

EDIT 2: After Going back to the 32.30 version, Server connected and worked fine. Dwnlding the 500mb beta update and will try to restart (Mind you, I have updated stm cmd to beta branch already)

EDIT 3: Have finished the download, Closed Steam and Restarted. Haven't tested server yet, Just wanted to click on the online tab (Servers are showing up that are showing the 33.6 Version)

Am Going to attempt to launch my server without having removed any files from 32.30 (Remember 5 min ago, I joined my old 32.30 save)

EDIT 4: Launched server and tried to join it from the saved servers list. Says cannot join, Running 2 different versions. ?? So Do I have to delete or remove the files from the C:/Users/Me/Zomboid/Multiplayer and Server Folders?

TCO

Try launching the 'Startserver32 or 64' files for the server instead of the ones with the PZ icon. This worked to solve my P2P connection issue.

I believe if you want to continue a server or a MP character on 33+ you'll have to move the associated files from

C:>Users>(Username)>Zomboid>Multiplayer>servertest(whatever your server name is)

into the

C:>Users>(Username)>Zomboid>Saves>Multiplayer>servertest folder.

33.xx adds the new 'Saves' folder.

MP characters go in to the 'Multiplayer' folder.

At least all of this worked for me :)

Well, it was that obvious to me anyone experiencing the same problem would know. Before updating I had no issues, now I have delayed lighting effects: Go around a corner and the vision does not update for a few seconds, so everything is still black as if you hadn't gone around the corner. Ran into a huge horde yesterday because the lighting hadn't updated until I was round a corner right in the middle of a group -_-; also experiencing a weird glitch with the lighting loading on tiles for anything so many tiles away from the character, leaving the ground looking blocky with individual linear shadings on each tile. 

The performance issues are regular skips/freezes, for a second or so.

Also noticed my game loading time has increased dramatically from around 20 - 30 seconds upto about a minute.

Just wondered whether other people were experiencing this issue as I've had issues with my laptop recently, perhaps my graphics card is dying :(

-I am also having performance issues (really bad stuttering, 1 to 2 sec. long freezes). It gets worse, when i run around in the woods.

Also: Loaded savegame, world converted, friend joined in via splitscreen, and the ambient sounds (birds, crickets, fridge...) were much louder and played more often. Quit to main menu, loaded savegame again, and the ambient sounds were normal again.

so this is like really cool. this version was the first one where i really got the sounds. The house creaking and boards banging in the wind were so loud, I could tell the system had gone some gritty adjustments, but I have to say the ambiance is really changed with having these sounds. I like the idea of very noisy storms and the rather loud animal life is really great-- you want to capture those "SHUT UP, BIRD!" feelings.  

Gunfire should silence birds in the cell for a few hours. 

I am though looking forward to the next revision, its hard to play the new sound system for long with the current volume settings.

Super work! The sound system is really good! And i'm watching with attention a lot of improvements in game. I love the colored lights of the new bulbs, delicious. Come on Pz Staff, you are very BRAVI!!!! (Bravo from Italian language ^__^ ).

A pair of tributes for Project Zomboid.... situations of the game

29x9h08.jpg

vpb8d1.png

An illustration of one of my characters in game....

x5e7er.jpg

33.7 is out!

• Fixed mushroom/berries can't be add in the recipes via right click
  • No-sound fix.
  • Share OpenGL shader objects instead of creating one per model.
  • Reuse WorldSoundEmitters and IsoWorld's SoundEmitters.
  • Fixed random-building code sometimes putting bodies outside rooms.
  • Fixed exception right-clicking on a burning campfire.
  • Ambient bird sounds start near dawn and end near dusk.
  • Fixed recipes that produce multiple food items not calculating hunger reduction correctly.
  • Fixed amount of rotten food added to a recipe at cooking levels 8 and 10.
  • Fixed hunger being reduced to zero after eating any amount of food reduced hunger below 20%
  • Fixed greyscale w/ alpha PNGs not loading.
  • Fixed inventory window minimum width being too wide on dual-screen displays.
  • Fixed passive skills displaying "level up" buttons.
  • Fade out main-menu music when starting a game.
  • Updated Linux FMOD binaries.
  • Updated FMOD version. Sound tweaks.
  • Added PZServerSettings .class files, removed exe again.
  • Fixed zombies spawning in random barricaded bathrooms
  • Re-added mastered musics
  • Fixed pain + drunkenness not getting reset to zero for god-mode admins.
  • Fixed zombie creation in random safehouse when spawning is disabled.
  • Fixed water tiles making water-drip sound.
  • Fixed harmless Steam-related errors after soft-reset completes.
  • Fixed fridge sound when power goes on or off.
  • Fixed server crash when tv/radios destroyed by fire.
  • Fixed helicopter started day 1
  • Fixed burglar alarm
  • Fixed randomized building sometimes throwing alarm

Share OpenGL shader objects instead of creating one per model.

Did you make it a global static? Regardless, this is great news. That should alleviate some of the computation time on the Render side of the game.

u can't play survival game any more with zombies spawning next to your base everey single day. Also they migrate towords my base for no freaking reason. If you dont know what i'm talking about go and see last eckyman's episode

After i updated today to the latest build, i have some issues with the cooking inventory.

Due my farming i have 3 fridges full of veggies, and iam standing in front of them to make some tasty soup, but for some reasons iam only able to make cabbage soups, also when i try to add something to the soup i just see a long list of cabbage (i have like 48 cabbage in my fridges).

• Fixed hunger being reduced to zero after eating any amount of food reduced hunger below 20%

Finally, all of that canned food I stockpiled will find some use. Goodbye magical Berries of Satiation +1 hello Dogfood.

WOW! The difference is huge... now I know why the sell dogfood in those giant bags  :???:  

u can't play survival game any more with zombies spawning next to your base everey single day. Also they migrate towords my base for no freaking reason. If you dont know what i'm talking about go and see last eckyman's episode

Do you know if Eckyman was playing Survival or 6 Months Later?  There was a bug when build 33 came out that gave Survival games the same higher zombie settings as 6 Months Later.  If he started a new game in an earlier build 33 release, that might explain the higher zombie numbers.

Do you know if Eckyman was playing Survival or 6 Months Later?  There was a bug when build 33 came out that gave Survival games the same higher zombie settings as 6 Months Later.  If he started a new game in an earlier build 33 release, that might explain the higher zombie numbers.

Big large glorious hordes are ok and stuff. But as of build 33 it seems that game is sending zeds straight at you all the time now. That was not the case before in build 32.

I have noticed this same thing happening in my saves as of build 33 that game just pushes zeds to you way way more than it did in build 32.

Something is  surely up with zed behaviour.