RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

Is moving furniture just to decorate or to barricade? Because it doesn't work for barricading. :/ I blocked the top of the stairs with an armchair and they walked through it but I can't. Same with dinner chairs up against doors. I know it sounds stupid because of how it looks against the door, but with an animation that tilts the dinner chair it should be pushed against the lock, even if that wouldn't work so well it should hold them off.

So do I submit it as a bug to the tracker or is it just for decorative purposes now?

I think this might be a more general problem. I remember that a few versions back,zombies could walk through a wall built directly at the top of the stairs when going upstairs.

Is moving furniture just to decorate or to barricade? Because it doesn't work for barricading. :/ I blocked the top of the stairs with an armchair and they walked through it but I can't. Same with dinner chairs up against doors. I know it sounds stupid because of how it looks against the door, but with an animation that tilts the dinner chair it should be pushed against the lock, even if that wouldn't work so well it should hold them off.

So do I submit it as a bug to the tracker or is it just for decorative purposes now?

I think this might be a more general problem. I remember that a few versions back,zombies could walk through a wall built directly at the top of the stairs when going upstairs.

Just sledge the stairs. The forums managed to convince even me that it's a feature and not an exploit. Extends lifespan by infinity.

I think it's supposed to be a dead survivor who killed himself : P

More like a dead gun nut, I always get a kick from finding those corpses that have nothing on them but GUNZ.

Might even be the guy who threatened Bob and Kate in the early versions of story mode.

I wonder if Survival still has broken Radio and TV.

I just want to give feedback on Survival difficulty and radio/tv.

Why don't you try it then?

Just did, Survived till Day 4 on survival and found some interesting things, to start off we have that the date on the game is 14th of July  when it was the 23.

Then the POP sound is back, the ambient sounds are too loud, zombies can ninja break windows without you hearing on the 2nd floor, ambient sounds+ zombies banging on a door kinda do the same sound so each time those ambient sounds play i was thinking zombies were breaking the door down.

This was my demise actually, so i took the TV and 2 radios upstairs, i didn't want any peasky zombies to try to bite my ass on the hallway while eating beans, so i took 2 square tables and put it 1 tiles away from the stairs, so there was only 2 tiles to be able to reach the second floor and they would have to destroy the table to get to me, allowing me to escape in my sheet-rope.

So Day 4 comes around and i see that most of the windows are broken and the doors are broken too and my character is getting bored while waiting for the next batch of news, so i remove one of the tables to be able to reach the other kid room with books and suddenly 6 zombies emerge from the staircase bumrushing my naked ass.

So i guess there is a bug or something that blocks the pathway of zombies to the furniture, only when i removed one of the furniture they were able to locate me and reach me (and they broke down the other table). 

Fixed "crack/pop" in sounds

I still have them. :( And so do a few others.

Also just quickly joined a multiplayer game and noticed the fridge hum was cutting in and out, is that intentional for the power failing or something? I doubt it is honestly. Man, I hope you can fix the popping/crackling, take your time though. We have a stable build to play still. :)

Some bugs to report for ya guys, as everyone else is talking about the wind howling, creaking houses, water dripping, and fridge hums are super loud, even if i turn all the sliders all the way down lol. Also I hear the wind blowing like ever few seconds even though all my windows are closed, is that supposed to be this way? another thing is the house creaks are waaaay too frequent, like every 2 seconds haha also they sounds like metal not wood, makes me think i'm on a big echoing iron ship and i'm in the belly of it lol. (if there would ever be a huge ship to get into in zomboid, this sound would be perfect for it! :P ) one thing I also took note of is when im near bodies of water and im running (sometimes happens when walking) i get this weird loud clicking noise that happens, its not really a click i cant describe the sound, but it also happens while running away from bodies of water, just not as much. a suggestion as well, I feel as though not every single source of water should drip, idk how everyone else feels about this but it kinda gets on my nerves cause its like, every sink, tub, shower, toilet, water cooler, EVERY source of water drips, I'm not sure if its possible but  it should be randomized more like some houses the kitchen sink will be dripping but not in the bathrooms, only the kitchen, but in the houses next door there's no dripping noises, I think that would be a bit more realistic. Same goes with bodies of water, why are they dripping?! haha should have some kind of flowing river sounds for them. last thing about the water dripping, but when ever I hear it, it makes me have to go take a piss lmao, anyone else?? oh yes and I'm not sure if anyone has mention this bug or not, but while cooking in an oven/toaster/microwave it makes other noises stop and start repetitively while cooking, not a big deal but worth mentioning. other than the annoying wind/creaky ship sounds/water drips and fridge hums at 2000 decibels and happening much too frequently I love the update, thanks for reading guys! 

-snip-

I agree that the creaking happens to often. At least in normal houses. When in TWD Prison mod, it suits it perfectly but I think there should be more varied sounds happening in certain rooms (such as a boiler room or something) less frequently.

one thing I also took note of is when im near bodies of water and im running (sometimes happens when walking) i get this weird loud clicking noise that happens, its not really a click i cant describe the sound, but it also happens while running away from bodies of water, just not as much.

This might be happening to me too as I posted above. My safe house is along the river in WP, which is where I was getting the loud clicking and sound issues as well.

Do water tiles have a noise set to them? Maybe too many water tiles are trying to play the same sound at once?

Edit: Did some testing:

This is occurring in both SP and MP. It occurs next to open bodies of water (river in WP, lake in woods).

It sounds almost like a Geigher counter. Its a clicking or tapping that occurs as you get closer to the water tiles. The more water tile there are, the worse it gets. When there aren't too many water tiles nearby, but still enough to get the tapping/clicking you occasionally hear water dripping sounds as well. Very weird for a calm lake to make dripping sounds :)

I'll post this in the bug tracker as well.

I just came to say about house creaks and wind noises too.

- Both are waaaay too loud to start with.

- House creaks could use a handful more variations.

- Wind noises are playing near closed windows.

- Ambient sound volume slider appears to do nothing at all

Nice job with the update guys...

However, I'm still wondering if it's possible to upgrade from build 32.30 to IWBUMS and resume playing on my server with my character and stuff...

It is Moss7, I did it successfully with some help!

A few things you'll need to do:

Copy all the data from C:>Users>(Username)>Zomboid>Multiplayer>servertest (or whatever your server name is) as well as your MP character folder to

C:>Users>(Username)>Zomboid>Saves>Multiplayer>servertest

(MP character folder goes in the Multiplayer folder)

Make sure your ServerPlayerID remains the same in your server settings. If it does not your character will not load. You will need to delete the ID and leave it blank if the ID does not remain the same. This will allow players to server jump with pre-made characters onto your server though...

I have some problems with sound too.

- Sounds too loud, even with minimum ambiance volume.

- You don't hear the heli from inside a building, even if you are directly at an open door.

- When you remove objects like the sink, they still play the ambient sounds.

- Unfortunately. but not as bad as before there is still this "plob" sound some times.

Other than that I enjoy the update!

The PZServersettings.exe  is missing in the latest IWBUMS. There is now a PZServersettings file folder. If I had to guess I would think someone forgot to recompile the exe before uploading. Anyone else have this problem? I was wanting to increase the reading speed on my server and I don't know what to add to the ini to make that happen. Hence my frustration when I found the exe missing. I just looked through the PZServersettings folder Java and didn't find anything pertaining  to reading speed.

The PZServersettings.exe  is missing in the latest IWBUMS. There is now a PZServersettings file folder. If I had to guess I would think someone forgot to recompile the exe before uploading. Anyone else have this problem? I was wanting to increase the reading speed on my server and I don't know what to add to the ini to make that happen. Hence my frustration when I found the exe missing. I just looked through the PZServersettings folder Java and didn't find anything pertaining  to reading speed.

C:>Users>(your user name)>Zomboid>Server>servertest (or whatever your server name is)

MinutesPerPage=1.0 (default)

I set mine to 0.1

Once you have it changed, I recommend closing and relaunching your server.