RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

I haven't read through all this thread, I found one or two in the tracker of the alarm not being heard when inside a building, but mine is different. When an alarm is on, and you get a certain distance away, it turns off. When you step back in, it turns on until it stops sounding altogether. I presume it's supposed to fade out but it actually gets louder and then cuts off.

Yup, reported this on my thread, but I feel like you explained it better.

Is moving furniture just to decorate or to barricade? Because it doesn't work for barricading. :/ I blocked the top of the stairs with an armchair and they walked through it but I can't. Same with dinner chairs up against doors. I know it sounds stupid because of how it looks against the door, but with an animation that tilts the dinner chair it should be pushed against the lock, even if that wouldn't work so well it should hold them off.

So do I submit it as a bug to the tracker or is it just for decorative purposes now? 

Is moving furniture just to decorate or to barricade? Because it doesn't work for barricading. :/ I blocked the top of the stairs with an armchair and they walked through it but I can't. Same with dinner chairs up against doors. I know it sounds stupid because of how it looks against the door, but with an animation that tilts the dinner chair it should be pushed against the lock, even if that wouldn't work so well it should hold them off.

So do I submit it as a bug to the tracker or is it just for decorative purposes now? 

An armchair in front of the stairs? They don't stop them at all, use fridges or bookcases.

The latest episode of The Walking Dead begs to differ. :P That was a sofa though. I think it should be a bit more better explained. Some ways an armchair could block them, at least block stairs, but they noclip through it. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

The latest episode of The Walking Dead begs to differ. :P That was a sofa though. I think it should be a bit more better explained. Some ways an armchair could block them, at least block stairs, but they noclip through it. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

Well chairs does block them, they can noclip chairs in the windows frames but also they can destroy chairs in a blink of an eye too, so keep that in mind that maybe they destroyed the chairs.

Also came to post about the snap crackle and pop issue with the sound.

I'm sure someone is on it seeing that everyone seems to have the same problem :)

It would be nice if furniture in the way would delay them at least a little, although I do think the latest Walking Dead episode was well over the top using some super sofa, better than a solid door even!

Also came to post about the snap crackle and pop issue with the sound.

I'm sure someone is on it seeing that everyone seems to have the same problem :)

It would be nice if furniture in the way would delay them at least a little, although I do think the latest Walking Dead episode was well over the top using some super sofa, better than a solid door even!

I know, it looked pretty stupid. I'm sure with animations for the zombies it'll look better if they fall over the chairs and crawl.

[edit: woops posted prematurely, this is for 33.6 :D]

Addition to last changelog:

RADIO:

• FIXED Certain text colors that were not very clear.
  • FIXED Issue with tv's powering off and/or not able to toggle when should be able to.
  • FIXED issues in splitscreen where only player would get chat but with weird offsets.
  • FIXED chat to stay in player frame in splitscreen.
  • FIXED Radio items can now be dimantled for various materials.
  • ADDED Option to craft makeshift radio devices.

MOVABLES:

• FIXED Lightsources moved via movables now work.
  • ADDED Additional customization options for movables lightsources.
  • FIXED Bug in movables that caused mousedrag rotation in carpentry menu to stop functioning.
  • ADDED Stonehammer to movable tools.
  • FIXED Moveables infopanel now displays list of valid tools correctly.
  • FIXED Picking up stuff with movables now respects weightlimit.
  • FIXED Movable items with water amounts will now empty uppon moving.
  • FIXED Some multitile tables that werent recognized as valid surfaces to place stuff on.
  • FIXED chairs that were passable before pickup are now passable after placement
  • FIXED floor/wall/vegetation/tabletop objects no longer block square
  • FIXED moving minifridge no longer requires tool/skill
  • FIXED some spelling in item names

OTHER:

• ADDED some restrictions on building (carpentry) objects near or on stairs.

ITEMS:

• ADDED Lightbulbs, can be removed from lamps ingame, colored ones can also be found.
  • ADDED Makeshift radio, walkie talkie and HAM.
  • ADDED Guerilla Radio magazine volumes 1 to 3, needed to learn makeshift recipes.
  • ADDED Radio scrap: Radio Receiver, Radio Transmitter, Electric Wire

NOTE: moveable objects that have been changed may require a pick up and place for the changes to become effective.

NOTE2: to get the new radio data (including fixed colors and stuff), for now easiest way is to start a new world

RADIO:

• FIXED Issue with tv's powering off and/or not able to toggle when should be able to.
  • FIXED issues in splitscreen where only player would get chat but with weird offsets.

MOVABLES:

• FIXED Bug in movables that caused mousedrag rotation in carpentry menu to stop functioning.
  • FIXED Some multitile tables that werent recognized as valid surfaces to place stuff on.
  • FIXED chairs that were passable before pickup are now passable after placement

OTHER:

ITEMS:

• ADDED Lightbulbs, can be removed from lamps ingame, colored ones can also be found.
  • ADDED Guerilla Radio magazine volumes 1 to 3, needed to learn makeshift recipes.

NOTE: moveable objects that have been changed may require a pick up and place for the changes to become effective.

NOTE2: to get the new radio data (including fixed colors and stuff), for now easiest way is to start a new world

Is there a fix to the sound?

RADIO:

MOVABLES:

OTHER:

ITEMS:

Robert is the one who fixes that stuff i believe, Turbo is more about the furniture and radio related stuff, so no sound fix yet 

33.5 was very satisfactory for me.

Not only did sounds start working again, although some of them appear to be muffled(?), and the already reported popping sound happens, but i am also finally able to play with music on. Ever since i bought the game, the music was choppy to the point i was forced to keep it disabled (potato single core cpu was diagnosed to be the issue, if i remember correctly). After this patch, no issues at all in regards to music.

I fixed sounds, but I try to do something before releasing the 33.6... If i don't manage to do it before tonight I'll release anyway 

It's OK, we can wait. :)

Actually, I love the fact that they're willing to break down the updates into smaller bits. The popping was getting a bit irritating last night, so I'm looking forward to a fix. Now, I'm also looking forward to whatever new thing RJ has cooking, but 33.7 won't be too far off. :)

RADIO:

MOVABLES:

OTHER:

ITEMS:

Robert is the one who fixes that stuff i believe, Turbo is more about the furniture and radio related stuff, so no sound fix yet 

Aw yeah! I love you guys! great job on build 33, it really changed the feeling of the game for me, idk how to describe it lol. Its always been my favorite zombie survival game by a landslide and with this update, it clearly shows why. A games devs that talks/listens to its players and releases fixes/updates frequently is what I look for in a games company, and you guys are at the top of my list! I cannot wait to try the new light bulbs and radio making! I did have a question though, whats the plan for moving things like couches or beds and other multi-tile objects, and I noticed that there is some single tile objects I cant pick up, like the darker wood table, and there was some two tiled paintings I could pick up, and some I couldn't, also there was a few others but I cant remember (Ill start writing them down for a better description for ya). Another thing i wanted to know was if by this "Movable items with water amounts will now empty upon moving." does that mean the water coolers will now be empty upon moving them? if that's the case I had an idea that maybe you'd like, I was thinking that maybe you could make it possible to remove the water bottle at the top of the cooler and be able to refill them in a sink/tub, or even being able to find un-opened ones in the office storage rooms/ office kitchens perhaps? just an idea I had while reading your post haha. anyways thanks for your time, and thanks for adding in these awesome additions into zomboid, i look forward to seeing more :D

P.S. Is 33.6 out now? or is it being released later today? lol sorry if youve answered this already -_-'

I fixed sounds, but I try to do something before releasing the 33.6... If i don't manage to do it before tonight I'll release anyway :)

YAY! no more crackles and pops! I thought my ear drums were going to burst while playing haha. Also I think this may be a bug, but when ever I go to break a window from the inside of a building, the glass shattering noise is always muffled sounding. another thing I've noticed is if an alarm is going off in another building say down the street and I walk into a diffent building the alarm sound instantly stops and is silent, but when i walk back outside the alarm starts up again. if anything it should at lest be muffled. one idea I also had was that say your inside a house and no widows are broken, outside noises should still be heard, but very very muffled and quite, but the more and more windows get broken, the louder and louder the outside sounds can become, thought that would be pretty cool/realistic

I would love it if we could remove the water bottles on top of the coolers and use those! Otherwise, what's the point of moving a water cooler if you just dump all the water out of it first? 

EDIT: Holy crap you guys. If you can move a water cooler, gather bottles, move a comfy chair and move a minifridge all without carpentry or electrical skills... You can now live ANYWHERE without being a carpenter or an electrician! You can setup on the top floor of the office building! You don't need a bed!

The possibilities are endless...