RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

I’m also thinking of adding more sandbox presets to help with it. Stuff like the frequency of meta-events, an option that will make the population more uniform after a set amount of days etc.

Please, add more random sandbox settings:

- random zombie migration times (i.e. 8 hours - 1 week)

- random zombie respawn times (i.e. 12 hours - 1 week)

- random zombie respawn rate (i.e. 0 - 0.5)

- random zombies (some are weak some are normal some are tough, some have better hearing and sight, some are nearly blind and deaf, small part of them are sprinters etc.) slider option would be cool.

- random month/day start

I’m also thinking of adding more sandbox presets to help with it. Stuff like the frequency of meta-events, an option that will make the population more uniform after a set amount of days etc.

- random zombies (some are weak some are normal some are tough, some have better hearing and sight, some are nearly blind and deaf) slider option would be cool

- random month/day start

Darn, can't like a post more than once.

- random zombies (some are weak some are normal some are tough, some have better hearing and sight, some are nearly blind and deaf) slider option would be cool

- random month/day start

What he said

Why Survival starts at 07/23 instead of 07/09? 2 days and a half in and the transmission are off alongside the power.

Also why there is no radio at all after that?

Yeah, where is da radio :C

Possibly to allow for more dynamic, NPC driven stuff in the future ;)

I doubt that.

But i was thinking there was going to be some radio period after shit hitting the fan at various states thought the USA or atleast a few broadcast after the whole power going out.

Maybe there is but as it stands right now, i have no idea of how to search for it or how to do it.

For a very long time now all HAM radio operators in Canada and the US (and presumably elsewhere too) are required by law to provide communication services in emergency situation. They have to take a course on coordinating emergency personnel and relaying info to the population before they can get the HAM license.

This was designed with nuclear scenarios in mind during the cold war but it applies to zombies too! That's why I was thinking NPCs might have something to say, maybe some of them are radio operators, coordinating local survival efforts. It was a much more common hobby in the 90s too. Ayhow, I don't really expect that, but it would be a nice touch.

Hey, licensed ham here, Thought I'd add that you do not actually need to take an emergency course to get licensed,or, as far as I know, are required to provide emergency services, but it is still something many hams do, and there are a few questions about it on the test. I'd also love to see ham transmissions too.

Is anybody else's sound cracking and popping after the latest update? Randomly when I'm standing still. no music playing, no zombies growling, just birds whistling. It's like someone hitting off a mic when they shuffle around.

Yes, I have it too.

Is anybody else's sound cracking and popping after the latest update? Randomly when I'm standing still. no music playing, no zombies growling, just birds whistling. It's like someone hitting off a mic when they shuffle around.

I get that too, I think it's been an issue since FMOD was introduced.  It seems related to distant zombie sounds (like thumping) that shouldn't be audible (although with the reverberation/echo settings some sound is being played I guess).

Has SteamCMD been abandoned for udpating our servers?

I, or any players on my server, can not connect to a Project Zomboid Dedicated Server when I download one from Steam --> Tools (build 32.30 or IWBUMS, including 33.5)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/17240-failed-to-establish-p2p-connection-with-server/

However, I can connect to my SteamCMD 32.30 server with no problems. So I am at a loss on what to do except to try deleting all of my PZ data and reinstalling everything. But, how do I preserve the player made objects and loot on our server? Which files/folders contain that data?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/17265-reinstalling-pz-while-maintaining-server-status/

- random month/day start

Indeed!

Why Survival starts at 07/23 instead of 07/09? 2 days and a half in and the transmission are off alongside the power.

Also why there is no radio at all after that?

Yeah, where is da radio :C

Possibly to allow for more dynamic, NPC driven stuff in the future ;)

I doubt that.

But i was thinking there was going to be some radio period after shit hitting the fan at various states thought the USA or atleast a few broadcast after the whole power going out.

Maybe there is but as it stands right now, i have no idea of how to search for it or how to do it.

For a very long time now all HAM radio operators in Canada and the US (and presumably elsewhere too) are required by law to provide communication services in emergency situation. They have to take a course on coordinating emergency personnel and relaying info to the population before they can get the HAM license.

This was designed with nuclear scenarios in mind during the cold war but it applies to zombies too! That's why I was thinking NPCs might have something to say, maybe some of them are radio operators, coordinating local survival efforts. It was a much more common hobby in the 90s too. Ayhow, I don't really expect that, but it would be a nice touch.

Hey, licensed ham here, Thought I'd add that you do not actually need to take an emergency course to get licensed,or, as far as I know, are required to provide emergency services, but it is still something many hams do, and there are a few questions about it on the test. I'd also love to see ham transmissions too.

Seems I was misinformed :/ Good to know tho, thanks for pointing that out.

*edit* And welcome to the party! :D

33.5! All Hail Tim!

• Fixed hammer sound playing instead of thunder sound.

Glad to see this is fixed. Nothing beats the first time I played project zomboid, running down a highway in the dark, then seeing that flash from lightning, lighting up the sky to see TONS of zombies,  then the ominous crack of thunder that followed shortly after :D