RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

After a few days Playing and experimenting this is my take.

-New Survival is difficult... i LOVE It. Finally made it to day seven and barricading now is truly my best Friend :D

Power shut off may be too early( three days) it makes TVs useless.

-Do I here heavy breathing when your Heavily Overexerted ??? if so make that stuff louder I just noticed it barely.

-House alarms .... I Hear its lethally loud... broke my head phones... (you owe me Indie Stone (clyde) ) it gets louder the farther you run away to the point where Its just high pitched pops and static. 

- Birds sound nice

- The dog barks sound like there right next to me and may of the other sounds.

- Also when its actually quiet in the game they are faint "pops" in the background noise.

- Why do TVs still work After the power shut off. ( i mean don't change that its making my survival easier 8-) )

Keep up the Good work devs :D

New version, 33.1!

• Balanced sounds
  • Added missing sounds
  • Fixed ambiance sound being very loud (dog, house alarm) with a lot of reverb
  • Worked to make reverb better
  • Fixed deleting save not working
  • Fixed opening mushroom can leading to "unknown mushroom"
  • Fixed ginseng (made you loss endurance instead of giving you some)
  • Increased a tad windows health
  • Fixed crafting UI crash (should fix error when hitting keyboard in main screen)
  • Fixed starting day bug in scenarios
  • Made "Difficulty:" in new game screen in translation
  • Fixed starting erosion in The First Week scenario
  • Fixed various reloading sound being launch on the square instead of the player (weird left/right sound)
  • Fixed various typo/grammar error
  • Tv lightning
  • Less tv's turned on on gamestart
  • Devices that require power should now shutdown when elec' shutdown
  • Tuned down device zombie attraction ranges
  • Attached headphone on device now syncs on mp
  • Fixed a bunch of clocks to sync across framerates.

New version, 33.1!

Went in to check something sound related, dogs seem to be very quiet now and I still can't hear the sound of chopping a tree (It plays, but it plays somewhere far, far away). Hitting a barricaded window also sounds like the sound comes from the opposite direction than it should.

Trying to open locked doors sounded like it came from the inside but it's fixed now.

Edit: Actually, hitting a barricaded window doesn't even play a sound sometimes.

I'm not sure whether I'm missing something, but aren't the info shows on the TV supposed to give experience? My character watched a carpentry info-show in the game, but afterwards, I did not notice a change in the amount of experience or in the multiplier for the carpentry skill. Same thing for a fishing show that my character saw.

Does the "noise" from clumsy go through the same code logic for zombie reaction to noise.

Haven't played yet with 33.1 but my 33 clumsy character seem to be dramatically be attracting zombies from his clumsiness.

If that is the case and not just perception the point value from clumsy should be increase to match conspicuous.

Just wanted to point it out since the effect of clumsy seems much more severe in the new build (I actually like the added challenge).

Hey RJ, is it intended for high level cooks to be able to identify poisonous mushrooms and berries?

Edit: Also.....I think something is wrong with it. I know add berries as a poison before was a cheap way to identify the poisonous ones, but now you cant even add them. Something is wrong with adding mushrooms too, I'm getting a list of 14 mushrooms I can add when there are only 7 in the game?

Edit Edit: Ok, cooking is even more broken now. You cannot identify poison added to your own food even at level 10, but I can identify poisonous mushrooms in my inventory (their still listed as "unknown", which is kinda annoying when sorting through).

Edit Edit Edit: Just ate 15 poisonous mushrooms in 3 salads. Still alive, no idea what is going on but mark this one down as yet another cooking bug (along with the fact that cakes can no longer be made).

To be honest all i like in this update is that random houses thingy.

Tv's? There are more important things to do than that. Like clothes/animations that will be in build 34 ( ;{ ).

Or in general mod support - espiecially to models because i have problems with that (you can't have custom models without modelmanager.class changed).

So.... Waiting for next build! I can't wait to walk around in SWAT armor with sweet badass-backpack and gun! ;D

Hello everyone!

Bear in mind that not everything is done yet, still poking fmod and difficulty probably need balancing. This build does not contain Creative, which will drop into a future IWBUMS before 33's release.

I'm also aware of some bugs, I'll prob try to do a new version tomorrow with fixes.

When you post a problem with sound balancing, please say if you're on headphones or not, so I can balance them more easily, thanks! :)

There will be no dedicated server today, we need to fix a few problems before we can upload it. For now it's a single player only, we'll look to patch it in the next few days.

So, what's up?

• FMOD: New sound engine!
    • Tons of new sounds and ambient! (fridge buzz, water drip, birds...)
    • New random music algorythm: some weird music will start at night to give a creepy ambient!
    • Proper 3D sound!
    • Added an ambient volume slider in the option.
  • New randomized buildings:
    • Some buildings will now be burnt, looted or already barricaded.
    • Some will have specific professions loots
    • Made world more alive, some windows/inside door will be open.
  • New main menu!
    • Allowing to custom your difficulty settings easier.
    • You can choose a difficulty for the world/zombie and then for your starter/character. (need more balancing)
    • Choose from "The First Day" to "6 Months After the Apocalypse" (hard early game), and don't forget our hardcore Survival (hard late game!)
    • Then select if your character will start with some bonuses, such as items or xp multiplier!
  • Radio/TV from Turbo and Will! (I'm sure they'll write more here soon ;))
  • Also from Turbo: moveable furnitures!
  • New trait: herbalist
    • With this trait you can find medicinal herbs by foraging.
    • They'll help you fixing your broken bones, your stomach disease, etc.
    • Some will require to be transformed in poultice with a mortar and a pilon!
    • Now each new game a random berry/mushroom (yay mushroom!) will be poisonous, same for multiplayer and only the herbalist will know which one you shouldn't eat. Not a herbalist? Take care when eating berries ;)
  • Few more stuff including bug fixing (such as crafting UI crash...), more info there tomorrow as I'm finishing another build... :P
  • Balanced zombies grouping a bit, start game should be way more easier (no zombies thumping at your door when you spawn, less zombies around you, etc...)

Please change inventory ui :( inventory ui so bad

Great update that was certainly worth the wait, but unfortunately some of the furniture (particularly electrical) seem to be bugged.

In one save I had 3 televisions on in one house, and upon waking one day two of them had turned themselves off and were unresponsive, while the other continued to work as normal. Placed lights seem to not work properly either, with a lamp and wall light remaining dark and having no option to be turned on (making them useless; presumably the light source emanates from where the object is taken rather than the object itself).

There was also an issue with the multi-tile coffee table in the top-right corner of the WP Food Market, as the TV on it cannot be put back once it is picked up (the TV appears red, indicating a collision). Multi-tile furniture in general cannot be moved, but that is presumably disabled until a later IWBMS update. If the furniture dragging option is taking awhile then allowing big furniture to be carried in the same manner as a generator/corpse would be a welcomed compromise in the meantime, as it would provide full base customization whilst retaining a sense of balance (player would be unable to unrealistically fight/carry much while moving it, could be considered an abstraction).

Overall the new sound system and ability to move furniture are amazing, while the context/lore offered by the TV stations are greatly interesting.

Encountered a bug probably related to what someone said about the Clumsy trait. Slept in the remote farmhouse. Woke up to find ~100 zombies had broken through the back door. I hadn't fired a gun and did nothing at all to attract them. No way they could've heard me normally, and I'm so remote they definitely pinpointed me.

My server just stops working afrer 5-10 minutes, no errors, no nothing

Hi! Sorry you're having trouble. If you could read this, and then comment more, that'd be useful!

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Ty, I know how to repport bugs, but made a special topic for it. In short.

I run my own server for at least 8 month, so the machine is fine and it also works fine under 32 build.

After 33 i start a new multiplayer game (totally fresh install made PZ and the Zomboid folder in documents) the server just STOPS.

As a client me, or my friends can't connect - just gives the "connecting' message in client and freezes.

IF i connect after first few minutes after server start i manage to connect and my character name is "Bob" no matter how i named my char, and no matter if im under admin or not. Just Bob. 

Once m in teh game i just manage to move in one single part of the map, since other parts are not loaing. Chat also not working. I can still open the doors and windows, loot items, move around tht part, that is loaded. After 10 minutes maximum im getting disconected.

We have tried same on 3 computers as servers  - same result.

P.S. im not english speaker, so sorry for possible mistakes.

My server just stops working afrer 5-10 minutes, no errors, no nothing

Hi! Sorry you're having trouble. If you could read this, and then comment more, that'd be useful!

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Ty, I know how to repport bugs, but made a special topic for it. In short.

I run my own server for at least 8 month, so the machine is fine and it also works fine under 32 build.

After 33 i start a new multiplayer game (totally fresh install made PZ and the Zomboid folder in documents) the server just STOPS.

As a client me, or my friends can't connect - just gives the "connecting' message in client and freezes.

IF i connect after first few minutes after server start i manage to connect and my character name is "Bob" no matter how i named my char, and no matter if im under admin or not. Just Bob. 

Once m in teh game i just manage to move in one single part of the map, since other parts are not loaing. Chat also not working. I can still open the doors and windows, loot items, move around tht part, that is loaded. After 10 minutes maximum im getting disconected.

We have tried same on 3 computers as servers  - same result.

P.S. im not english speaker, so sorry for possible mistakes.

33 is not yet multiplayer enabled.

Maybe I am missing something, but I picked up some metal shelves to move to my safe house (same building, just down the hall), and they permanently disappeared. I managed to move a rug and some smaller items though. Btw, awesome update. I love the flexibility once this all gets working correctly.