Custom Hair via Character Creation Screen[Download Now!]

Zelik

Updated to 34.28

Hairdone.png
Sorry for taking so long guys, I switched jobs and I spend most of my free time trying to figure out this being a father thing lol.
My son is only 8 months old and I spend all of my free time with him. He and his mother went on "vacation" to visit family out of town so I finally got time to complete the mod. Sorry, and I hope everyone hasn't lost interest.

When you choose one of the custom hairstyles at the character creation menu the character preview will show the player bald. Don't freak out, that is completely normal and as of right now there is no way to change it.

There are 2 different versions, both included in the download. One is for players that use Jab's ModelLoader and the other is for players that don't. Either way the install instructions are included. Have fun!!!

If you enjoy this content feel free to Donate.
FYI, the mod is still currently beta, though it works perfectly fine. It's only beta because I'm not finished adding hairstyles for men and I haven't even started adding beards or hairstyles for the women. I have actually created my own tools to make it easier, once production is finished I will release the tools also, that way everyone can add their own hairstyles to the game easily.

ALSO...Do not add my mod to any modpacks.
Edited by Zelik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cornrows just look too distorted to even bother. They looked good in Blender but, once loaded into the game they look horrid.

On another note though. Liberty Spikes look good. They could use a little work but, I have a 2 month old son so I don't have time to make all of these models perfectly. 

Instead of replacing the messy hair I'll just add it with the others except with a new name. It may just end up being the spikey hair. Also the only hair left on the list is the ponytail because a few weren't even viable because there isn't textures to distinguish the direction the hair is actually flowing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you going to release this mod soon?

I can release the mod now but, I still haven't gotten it to work with jabs model loader. So  it would be the choice of mine or his. This means you would have to choose between having new weapon or having new hair. If anyone knows more about java than me and would like to give me a hand or guide me in the right direction that would be great. I'm just can't seem to get the modelmanager class to recompile. But, I don't think jab has even updated his mod so I don't think I can get it to work anyway. I think i may get in touch with one of the weapon mod makers and see about getting permission to add their mod into mine hardcoded.

EDIT:

Jab has updated his mod, so i'll try to get everything working

Edited by Zelik

• 2 weeks later...

Either I need someone with more java experience than myself to give me a hand getting it to work with jabs model loader or I'll have to release a standalone version and then create a mod adding my hair styles to jabs model loader as wigs that can be found on the map.