More RPG elements

Zorak

I like the character creation in PZ. You have tons of options but then once you start playing your character I dont feel the skill progress that much. Yes you run a bit faster, swing faster and hit harder but to notice that difference you need to get few lvls. In many skills you dont see much benefit, farming 3 or 5 lvl, who cares, same with cooking and other skills, more or less.

I would love to see more RPG elements that makes us want to get that lvl X in given skill. Here are some of examples:

Nimble: let us climb up on sheetropes. Higher lvl the higher you can climb , more you can carry (when climbing), you can jump over tall fences( old animation vid).

Sneang: you can make camuflage to stay hidden from other players when not moving (ofc you need to seep some distance). Sneaking attack (higher dmg if you attackinh unaware player, npc or zed from behind)

Fighting skills (melee), more types of attack that unlocks at X lvl like sweeping strike, heavy blow etc,those attacks have different speed, cost in endurance, can breake weapon but multiply damage done etc. Dual wield at some point (dual axe rampage)

For guns, shooting and running at the same time (with accuracy penalty ofc) reloading when running (slower than normal), dual wield guns (duble pistols).

other more crafting orientated skills may have some perks / talents system that unlocks at lvl 3-5-7-10. and each time you reach that lvl you can pick from one minor perk. Like for running: +5% speed, +5% endurance, -5% endurance usage when running, you rest 5% faster etc.

Cooking: food you make stay fresh longer, food have extra happynes bonus, food have extra hunger reduction, you use less food when cooking.

Faming: your plants grow a bit faster, your plants gives more veges, veges from your plants have bigger hunger reduction.

in general I would like to see more skills just like carpentry where we all want to reach that lvl 4 or 7. A system where other players can see that we have combat orientated character or nimble / stealth orientated one.

And if some of you say "why i need to get lvl x in given skill to be able to doo that", the answer is "for game play reasons". the same reason why you need carpentry lvl 7 to build a stairs.

I hope you like the idea, sorry for typos, im writing from an old mobile phone :-)

These are some great ideas you got. The Nimble one especially (I should not be able to climb a sheet rope while over encumbered, or with the weak trait).  I would love to be able to camouflage and make my name vanish in MP while hiding in bushes, etc.  Having 'perks' for melee and firearm combat would make it worth level both, and make you a more efficient killing machine.  

The only issues I see are cooking and farming.  The rate of food spoilage should not be dependent on cooking (doesn't make sense to me).  No matter how good of a farmer you are, you wouldn't be able to make stuff grow faster (outside of fertilizer).

I am sure there are a lot of other ideas when it comes to learned 'perks' and I am excited to see what people come up with.

These are some great ideas you got. The Nimble one especially (I should not be able to climb a sheet rope while over encumbered, or with the weak trait). I would love to be able to camouflage and make my name vanish in MP while hiding in bushes, etc. Having 'perks' for melee and firearm combat would make it worth level both, and make you a more efficient killing machine.

The only issues I see are cooking and farming. The rate of food spoilage should not be dependent on cooking (doesn't make sense to me). No matter how good of a farmer you are, you wouldn't be able to make stuff grow faster (outside of fertilizer).

I am sure there are a lot of other ideas when it comes to learned 'perks' and I am excited to see what people come up with.

For your agrument cooking shouldn't affect spoilage a propally prepared and stored food item will last a hell of a lot longer then some amatuer wannabe chef putting crap in a ziplock baggie. Not mention the different techniques used by chefs to preserve their food depending on the occasion. Culinary school will teach you different preservation techniques that i doubt any normal Joe would know.