Time, time, time. See what's become of me

Strider

So I've been using the Horizon clock. It's a mod guaranteed on my list of mods now.

I like that I can't say exactly what the time is. It feels more immersive.

I'd like to see this become part of the game but used intelligently. This is an example of how I think it could be used.

The game could make a 'dice roll' at the start of the game to decide the following:

1. You start the game with a basic battery powered watch (44%)

2. You start with a mobile phone (44%)

3. You don't start with either of them (10%)

4. You start with a kinetic self powering watch (2%)

Now, during the game the battery will run out and most of the watches I've owned required a special tool to open them and replace the battery and so in PZ you're unlikely to find that.

The same goes for the mobile phone. Eventually the power will go out and they'll be useless too. When that happens the clock could revert to the moon/sun Horizon clock.

Anyway, just a thought.

Edit: Apologies as I forgot to mention one of the more important aspects of this idea which is cloud cover, something which PZ have already implemented.

Now at the moment the cloud cover prevents the moonlight and makes the game extremely dangerous at night. Horizon clock would make this more dangerous as they day would already be dark it would be easier for night to 'sneak up on you' and would give the time piece extra importance. Thanks for the positive comments, btw.