Better lighting system

Spazmatic

I Think thats Why most "graphics sensitive" ppl dont like pz. Did you saw street lights And dust near them in Riot:Civil Unrest? Everything is made of few pixels but it looks very, very immersive. And in pz, empty streets should make "wow" effect with similiar system.

I don't know what you mean exactly, but I get the general jist. I think that the lighting system could use an update. I don't want to be WOWed per se, but I'd like it if I could go into a building and not be blinded because the floor is white. I don't know if this is a long shot, but I'd like to see light pouring from rooms that have light in them. E.g. I leave a door open with the light on or window open, I should be able to see in the unlit hallway. At the moment that isn't the case and it leads to some very scary scenarios.

Maybe im "oldschool", but i really like the look and feel of the graphics as they are right now. Its kind of "old childhood memories" in gaming to me. :)

Dont get me wrong, but imho a change of the graphics to something "nicer" or "smoother" could kill some of the project zomboid retro feelings.

Maybe there could be an option between 2 lightning renderers to choose from. Then everybody could be play with the lightning what he/she prefers.

I like PZ as it is now. cars once we get them will add a lot to the world. The only thing im missing are world animations, like trees / grass moving on a wind, water / rivers animation etc.

Well if we ever get animations for those, it won't look very realistic because the trees and grass aren't 3d models.

But I would appreciate a new lighting system down the road. Sometimes I'll even go into a room and can't tell if the lights are on. If lights would shine out of windows outside of houses, that would be really cool.

I like PZ as it is now. cars once we get them will add a lot to the world. The only thing im missing are world animations, like trees / grass moving on a wind, water / rivers animation etc.

Well if we ever get animations for those, it won't look very realistic because the trees and grass aren't 3d models.

But I would appreciate a new lighting system down the road. Sometimes I'll even go into a room and can't tell if the lights are on. If lights would shine out of windows outside of houses, that would be really cool.

thers a lot of 2d games with those animations.

its not that hard afaik but time consuming. you "just" have to make extra sprites for those objects.

Personally I'd love a nice shiny new lighting system. A while ago I saw a really cool mock-up somebody did of dynamic lighting with shadows and all that nice stuff and I thought it was awesome. It also showed that such a thing could be done without messing too much with the style of the game.

Edit: I found it!

iZnPvyX.jpg

Obviously I can't comment on the feasibility of actually adding this but who knows what the future holds?