Insane Z Count

Strider

I'm playing a hide out at the log cabin game. I wanted to document my story for two reasons.

1. To see what interest is shown and hopefully have a shared experience.

2. To get some advice on what I can do with what I have stored. (Hydrocraft is installed)

Here are some grabs of him about 25 days in.

http://imgur.com/a/HXWZZ (ignore the first one, I took a picture of a former character when he was dead.)

I'd be especially interested to hear if anyone has any advice on how to use Hydrocraft. I'm interest to know what I'm cabable of without the books. Going into town on insane Z count would be madness, besides, that's not how I want to play this one. I want him to live out his days hiding in this cabin.

I will also take a more accurate itinery if any of you think I can craft other things, like use alchemy, engineering but I suspect I need the books.

Thanks for reading.

I've never used Hydrocraft and don't plan to. So, I guess my post was pointless. Shoot...

You should

Eh, I was turned off by all the textures that were so off-theme with the rest of the game. Plus, I'm not a mod person anyway. It takes a mod that really appeals to me for me to play it, especially since Project Zomboid is my favorite game.

I've been playing a claustrophobic park ranger in an insane Z count game with a redistribute time of 0.1 but no respawn.

I built a fort north of McCoy's Logging and the first month was really tough, probably because of all the construction sounds drawing them in. Now, three months in, making runs into town is still hard but there are days when there isn't a Zed in sight. Still have to clear the walls of my fort every other day when a hoarde of between 5-10 wanders my way, but now that my farming, foraging and trapping skills are high enough I can see myself living a peaceful life for years to come.

<snip context>

Now, three months in, making runs into town is still hard but there are days when there isn't a Zed in sight. Still have to clear the walls of my fort every other day when a hoarde of between 5-10 wanders my way, but now that my farming, foraging and trapping skills are high enough I can see myself living a peaceful life for years to come.

I've no idea how you managed to get anywhere near town to be honest. I needed a trowel and so I headed north (or is that east) to the small town but even that was well padded out with zombies. I can get to windows but I don't have time to open them before Z's are on me and even if I did get in there would be no assurances there wouldn't be any inside. All in all, it's just generally a bad idea.

I found a trowel somewhere so now I can forage, farm and craft but I have finite nails so that's out of the question. Also, I don't have the books so the amount of crafting I'd need to do to get to the higher levels of crafting would be insane because at the moment, all I can build are log walls.

I've started foraging and building up a stock of makeshift axes and twine and when it gets to a high enough amount I can start build walls but I think that's going to take a long time.

By the way, we seem to like the same style of play. If you'd like to do a PVE on a private server sometime I'd like that.

I've no idea how you managed to get anywhere near town to be honest. I needed a trowel and so I headed north (or is that east) to the small town but even that was well padded out with zombies. I can get to windows but I don't have time to open them before Z's are on me and even if I did get in there would be no assurances there wouldn't be any inside. All in all, it's just generally a bad idea.

Yeah, I just made that same mistake as well. I was looking for a magazine for setting up a generator (just added Insayne's movable fridge mod and I've exhausted all the possible locations for the magazine in Muldraugh). I'm now trapped, severely injured and living in a tent in the Westpoint school bathroom. Westpoint is... I can't even begin to describe it. There are at least a thousand zeds roaming around outside the school alone. I'm lucky they haven't reached me yet. So much for a road trip! XD

I found a trowel somewhere so now I can forage, farm and craft but I have finite nails so that's out of the question. Also, I don't have the books so the amount of crafting I'd need to do to get to the higher levels of crafting would be insane because at the moment, all I can build are log walls.

My fort has two layers of logwalls, though it isn't that big of a fort. My character is claustrophobic so I've just got an overhang to keep me dry. I managed to get a surplus of nails at the Dixie Junction bargain clothes, they say it's a clothing shop but it's filled to the brim with nails and plaster, just head north from the Dixie trailer park, there's a Spiffo's, a gas station and the clothing store.

I've started foraging and building up a stock of makeshift axes and twine and when it gets to a high enough amount I can start build walls but I think that's going to take a long time.

I find the makeshift axes frustrating, they break after just about three or four trees. >_<

I've had my fire axe for four months now... But I'm running out of wood glue. T_T

I was lucky in setting up my fort in the clearing above McCoy's, it's far enough away that most zeds don't bother me and I could level up my carpentry wih only a few major hoardes troubling me in the first month but it's close enough that it only takes a few ingame hours to get to town for a run.

By the way, we seem to like the same style of play. If you'd like to do a PVE on a private server sometime I'd like that.

I'd love to! ^_^

But I live in South Africa so we may have a bit of a timezone barrier. :/

I'd love to! ^_^
But I live in South Africa so we may have a bit of a timezone barrier. :/

I don't know if time zone would be an issue as you're only two hours ahead. England here.

Ping might be an issue though. I don't know how much hassle setting up a private server is (it used to be) but we could give it a go?

What's your connection like?

I ask to better decide who would make the better host.

I don't know how much difference it'll make what with there only being two of us. If you've a machine which is always on then it should certainly be you on the off chance we find other like-minded souls to join us.

Google groups provides a hassle free voip to talk about stuff: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ScottMansfield (add me there)

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Stridey/home

Add me on either of them and we can talk more, preferable the former, I'm not a fan of typing unless it's forums tbh.

Due to certain circumstances, I currently lack a mic, so it will have to be Steam. Invite sent.

I managed to get out of Westpoint, but failed in my mission to find an electronics magazine, but did succeed in leveling up my first aid and didn't get zombified (silver linings, eh?).

My net speed is pretty good but I'm using mobile data bundles so I can't leave it on constantly. :/

Due to certain circumstances, I currently lack a mic, so it will have to be Steam. Invite sent.

I suppose for immersion purposes that'd be better. That said. communicating detail will be slow using the typing method, not to mention more dangerous. I might use coms anyway even if you don't have a mic.

I managed to get out of Westpoint, but failed in my mission to find an electronics magazine, but did succeed in leveling up my first aid and didn't get zombified (silver linings, eh?).

On insane, surviving is enough.

My net speed is pretty good but I'm using mobile data bundles so I can't leave it on constantly. :/

Crikey. Looks like I'll be the host. My connection is ADSL so it's slow but reliable. I'll see about setting up a server later today.

Edit: I've been having difficulty connecting to my own server (again) so this might have to be put on hold. I'll have another go when I get back but it's not looking good.

Archived