[Question] Adding modded item to loot table

bandus

Greetings! Working on adding a bit to my "Seed Bag" mod. In particular, I would like to make it so that the seed bag has a chance of spawning in certain locations such as the shelves of convenience stores, grocery storage, and in multiple places in grocers.

I have reviewed some threads on here as well as tried to glean how other mods have done this and I would like to verify my understanding. Basically, for my own mod, I need to add a .lua file to \seedbag\media\lua\server\ and call it something like "SeedBagDist.lua." Then, within that file, have code like this:

-- *************************-- * Seed Bag Distribution *-- ************************* require"Items/SuburbsDistributions"; SeedBag = {}SeedBag.version = "1.1";SeedBag.author = "Bandus";SeedBag.modname = "Seed Bag"; -- *************-- * Functions *-- ************* -- Prints mod info function SeedBag.init()print("Mod Loaded: " .. SeedBag.modName .. " by " .. SeedBag.author .. " (v" .. SeedBag.version ..")");end   -- *************************-- * Seed Bag Distribution *-- ************************* table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, "SeedBag.SeedBag");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["conveniencestore"]["shelves"].items, 3);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocerystorage"]["all"].items, "SeedBag.SeedBag");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocerystorage"]["all"].items, 5);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocery"]["grocerstand"].items, "SeedBag.SeedBag");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocery"]["grocerstand"].items, 5);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocers"]["smallcrate"].items, "SeedBag.SeedBag");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocers"]["smallcrate"].items, 5);table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocers"]["smallbox"].items, "SeedBag.SeedBag");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["grocers"]["smallbox"].items, 5);   -- *********-- * Hooks * -- *********Events.OnGameBoot.Add(SeedBag.init);print("SeedBag: SuburbsDistributions added. ");

My questions specifically are:

1. Line 18 and line 46 seem to have issues. I am new to lua, but, it is my understanding that on line 18 I am declaring a function called SeedBag.init. However, Zomboid gets exceptions when loading these lines so I've clearly done something wrong.

2a. For the table itself, is it built properly with the proper formatting? I am pretty confident it is, but again, I would like to verify.
2b. In lines 29, 31, 33, 35, and 37, the number after items, governs the chance that an item will spawn. Would the values I have used make the spawn chance rare? I think that value can be 1-100 but I am not completely sure.

Thank you!

Best thing I can recommend is to dig into some of the newer mods spawn tables like the littering mod

on my tablet so can't give a example atm

Edit

After looking at it a bit I can tell you this everything but the require and the distribution itself code wise is unneeded and as far as I know does nothing so the Functions and the Hooks are not needed nor wanted.

Also the lower the number the rarer you can also use 0.1-0.9 for spawn

• 3 weeks later...