Will there ever be an invite friend option?

INoEmo

I'm not going to lie, I don't go on the forums much and I only just recently got back into the game.  It's nice to see the integrated steam servers but as someone who is playing the game on a school laptop (shhhhh) and understands technology as much as a 60 year old grandmother, making a steam server and then modding seems incredibly difficult.

I'm sure as the game grows there will finally be a server in Australia in which i can play with below 200 ping but at the same time, do the devs (or you guys) think it will ever reach a point where we can just invite a steam friend into our game?  I'm sure it's probably not possible and if so, reckon you could explain why?

Anyway, this post was probably useless/in the wrong place so feel free to remove/move it mods, sorry.

If you are running your server (As you say) then when you are in the game you started, If the person is on steam friends list you can invite them. While playing in your server press ESC and at the bottom of the screen the "invite player" button will appear.

Pressing that will bring up the list of friends on steam at the time,

TCO