Server Walkthrough for... Me?

TheCautiousOne

So What I have done is.... uninstal PJ Zomboid then reinstall in C: Drive under a New Folder for the Steam Library.

I have played the game a loooong time but never tried to make my own server.

After the Initial Uninstall I removed ALL exsisting files from my computer and had a fresh install of the Game.

Went to Online tab, found a random open server and Joined. Didn't need to have windows open in the background or anything. Now..

How Do I create my own Server: Public/Private?

I have read up on Steam CMD (Messed with it Previously) and also see in the Files that there is this

post-26035-0-13257900-1446325904_thumb.p

That is a Seperate Loader? It asks for Admin Password... Where do I start here?

TCO

Ok so thats a no-steam server, the ProjectzomboidServer file that comes with the game, if you want a steam server follow the instructions here http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/16360-released-build-3227/

After that, when you have the Server Console window, for the first time it asks for an admin password, put any one you like, put it a second time, and the server runs for first time, making all the files you need, then close it.

Now in you c:/users/"you user"/zomboid/server there should be 5 files named (servertest_*.*) those are your server config files, you can use the pzserversettings app that comes with the game (the one on your sshot) to easily modify it.

And thats kinda it

Ok Tried to update Steam CMD, Giving message that cannot connect to steam server because I am not online.... Is this beacause I have already done this on the computer?

TCO

Dont use your steam account name, in "login anonymous" just leave it like that

Ok Tried to update Steam CMD, Giving message that cannot connect to steam server because I am not online.... Is this beacause I have already done this on the computer?

TCO

Dont use your steam account name, in "login anonymous" just leave it like that

Ok Got that part, Updating the Steam Cmd Now.

" Steam servers require one additional port to function. This is in addition to the DefaultPort= setting. The port can be specified in two ways:

• In the server's INI file as SteamPort1= (just ignore SteamPort2=).
  • Using command-line options -steamport1. "

This part has me confused though.

I have "quit" the Steam Cmd now that it is updated

TCO

Yes I appreciate that. I unfortunatley do not have acces to the router at work in order to open and close ports. This is the end result of where I at currently.

At the end of the ProjectZomboid64 Cmd Line after excecution is saying

Server Started

Steam is enabled

Server is listening

On policy Response

Zomboid Server is VAC Secure.

Just wont show up in the list for the online servers in Zomboid.

I've been at this for right at 5 hours.

TCO

You're probably not going to be able to do this if your workplace blocks traffic on those ports. Somethin glike Hamachi might help, but they went with a pay model, if I remember.

If you want a pure LAN (e.g. you want to play with people who work in the same building), you can try running a purely LAN server. Just follow the -nosteam portion of the guide.

You're probably not going to be able to do this if your workplace blocks traffic on those ports. Somethin glike Hamachi might help, but they went with a pay model, if I remember.

If you want a pure LAN (e.g. you want to play with people who work in the same building), you can try running a purely LAN server. Just follow the -nosteam portion of the guide.

No. Just got home. Working on this project on my home network. Trying to get my brother who lives in OKC to join

Going through the steps now

TCO

Ok. I've gotten the server up and running, through much trial and error or port forwarding.

Elaborating would be great about the subject. I have made a 3 player server which is great. But had to assign each port to open for each player. Not a group as such ( 16261 - 16265 ). It was as such in the ports.

16261/ 16261

16262/ 16262

16263/16263

16264/16264

That allowed 3 ports to be open for people to Join.

TCO