Scurvy moodle mod

Keepbro

Since I raised the spectre of this in the Human meat topic -(http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/16803-human-meat/ apologies but this was done on a mobile)

I realised that this could be quite a useful moodle in that it would make for a more evil survival experience. For those that don't know scurvy is a horrific affliction when you don't have any vitamin C and your body basically rots because you arent producing any natural collagen which is basically the glue that Keeps your body together. Vitamin C is found in fresh produce and most meat which means that a zombie outbreak would most likely see outbreaks of this as supply chains would break down and fresh food rot quite quickly.

The idea would be for a moodle representing scurvy (maybe a sort of shrivelled yellowish looking face) with some gradually increasing health problems. Since scurvy causes depression, insanity, jaundice, neuropathy and then death I think it would be wise to make stages of it so slight scurvy, scurvy and finally severe scurvy followed by death, all with increasing health problems.

Some fun effects could be to make loud noises (such as gun shots) cause pain and even unconsciousness as this is a common problem with scurvy.

To mitigate this I think some added items could be useful such as vitamin tablets although they should have diminishing effectiveness somehow.

To implement this as a mod you would need to add an element to every food item in the game adding a vitamin C meter and its effects on your player character.

In short I think this would make for a more hardcore survival experience and make it more worrying when your hideout is completely surrounded by zombies as it would give you a time limit to figure something out, the catch being that if you don't you die an extremely painful agonizing drawn out death by inches which could not be saved by poor stockpiling of food (ie no surviving on a huge supply of pot noodles).

Ideas for a mod name could be the "Eat your vegetables" mod.

I really like this idea! you you mind if I included it into my post? (the link that Cyrrent posted) I'm hoping that when build 33 comes out we'll be able to mod moodles, medicine, and traits much easier, if this happens ill be making a huge health/moodles mod.

by the way, the second I got done reading this I decided to make a scurvy styled moodle lol,but for some reason i just noticed that theirs no attachment adding while replying to this post :( bummer.

EDIT: I posted the moodle I made onto my thread! check it out here VV

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/16946-death-from-medical-problems/?p=211817

Man-in-purple-hat (can I simplify your name to MannyP?) please feel free to use any ideas in any way you want. I don't mind what you use them for although credit would be nice and if you do decide to work on a mod then please let me know as I would be happy to help with short stories, QA and anything else that I can provide (sadly I can't code or draw but I do believe that I am a shining bastard of a thinker).

A long long while back me, Thuztor and RJ worked on a cannibalism mod which was very fun but since then they have both been snapped up by Indiestone. I would like to work on some mods again especially the cannibalism mod and I am strongly in favour of trying to organise an extremely survival mod package that has lots of evil little mods working together to make the game even more tricky and terrifying. The aim of this would be to give a one stop shop for gamers to choose multiple mods and for coders to have a support network so that multiple people can work on overlapping projects.

The C meter seems nice, but I feel like it would be better that the scurvy moodles have something "...you should eat some meat" "...you really need some meat" and finally "...eat meat or die". I think that the C meter could be in the game, but with no GUI. Personally for me, showing that meter will kind of make the game less inmersive. 

^^

Well it would be a C meter for the benefit of the game knowing how much C you've got - it wouldnt be visible on game screen except by the fact that your scurvy moodle was gradually showing you turning into some sort of shriveled looking oompa-loompa before you finally died.