Not anagrams (but probably more of them than not)

Footmuffin

Take whatever words or phrases are offered in the last post and make a word or phrase that is an anagram, or a notanagram when necessary. Notanagrams are basically anagrams, only they slightly break a minor rule or two with regard to their anagram-hood, like using letters in the wrong amounts or introducing different ones to get the phrase to work. 

Spoiler
first iteration of the post, spoilered because it was kinda bad
Spoiler
an·a·gram
ˈanəˌɡram/
noun

1. a word, phrase, or name formed by rearranging the letters of another, such as cinema, formed from iceman.

Include and rearrange the letters of the last word in a new word, then pick any new word for the next player. The word you derive from the last player's input must be an anagram. It is up to you if your second word is or isn't also an anagram. 

Offtopic
explanatory commentary that kinda belongs here too
Spoiler
I didn't think of going with strict 100% anagrams because I thought people would pick something off an anagram generator instead of thinking of something naturally and because words without anagrams would inevitably get put in. I was thinking something with rules counter to word association extra.

For example, a chain originating from apple would follow an order like apple -> pale -> leap -> plead -> dilapidated

Let's start with

Zesty

I revised the post and spoilered the original so it's here as historical proof but, like, not. Imagine word association extra in reverse!

Edited by Footmuffin

I didn't think of going with strict 100% anagrams because I thought people would pick something off an anagram generator instead of thinking of something naturally and because words without anagrams would inevitably get put in. I was thinking something with rules counter to word association extra. I can start a sister thread or change this one if that would be better though. I'll wait a bit and if nobody says otherwise we'll play with Teesee's rules instead.

Offtopic

How is "Dilapidated" an anagram of apple?

Dilapidated uses the same letters as apple but in a different arrangement and with additional letters!

• 2 weeks later...