Kjulo's Additions (New Traits, Uses for useless items and Repair Weapons!)

Kjulo

question: my axe is at 33 condition and i used like 6 strong cloths to repair it, and none of them did it? its at 20 now, i tried ANOTHER 2 strong cloths but didnt fix it at all. help?

There is a repairing function in vanilla.

This mod is somewhat outdated so that's probably why it doesn't work.

• 2 months later...

Can someone help me?  I can't seem to be able to install mods ( i'm on a mac ), I really like this mod and tried to install it  on  Users/User/Zomboid/mods <- put files in mods but when I go to project zomboid I can't see the Mod there, I have tried several other mods but no luck. ( also i'm on steam )   

Edit: FIXED ,Thanks to RobotMat for being kind enough to help me out.

Can someone help me?  I can't seem to be able to install mods ( i'm on a mac ), I really like this mod and tried to install it  on  Users/User/Zomboid/mods <- put files in mods but when I go to project zomboid I can't see the Mod there, I have tried several other mods but no luck. ( also i'm on steam )

Does this work with Build 25?

=>

This mod is somewhat outdated so that's probably why it doesn't work.

;)

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, sorry for my abscenes, just dropping in to say i have no plans currently to update my mod for newer versions of zomboid, BUT: I made a license for the stuff so you can all use my content as you want to if you credit me.

I don't just want to take my ball and go home.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Kjulo gave permission to update or modify his work as long as credit was given and I'm a fan of this mod I decided to remix it into something usable with newer builds.

By simply updating and adding a bit here and there to Kjulo's trait scripts I have created a Build 28 compatable modification I call, "Extra Traits Mod."

90% of the code and artwork are directly from Kjulo's Additions Mod and were simply tweaked to my own personal liking and to make them recognizable to the client's mod loader.  The rest I added in custom just because I wanted to see this mod alive and active again.

The new traits and their effects are as follows:

•  Paranoid: Random panic attacks even when no zombies are nearby.  High levels of Panic can severely hurt accuracy and visual acuity.
  • Bipolar Disorder: Frequently shift between manic and depressive episodes.  Manic episodes provide a burst of energy at the cost of increased stress while depressive episodes drain endurance and decrease happiness.
  • Hyperhidrosis: Sweat Excessively.  Need to drink water more often.
  • Adrenaline Junkie: Fighting a zombie gives a rush of energy.  Combat provides a small boost to endurance and wakefulness!
  • Hemophobiac: The sight of blood and wounds causes panic.  When forced to fight a zombie Hemophobiacs Panic much, much faster than normal!
  • Hypersomniac: Get rapidly sleepy earlier in the day.
  • Firearm Enthusiast: Well practised in the operation of firearms (Works the same as the free trait "Marksman" given by choosing the Police profession).

It may sound strange but I personally am burdened with severe primary hyperhidrosis and ideopathic hypersomnia irl and, since I enjoy role-playing characters that closely reflect me personally, reviving this mod was sort of a labor of love.  Hope everyone enjoys it and thanks again to Kjulo for writing his original mod!

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gfsa7sdss6za0xz/ETmod.rar

*UPDATED TO V1.3*

Version History:
--------------------------------------------
1.0 - Initial Release

1.1 - Tweaked thirst and fatigue values for Hyperhidrosis and Hypersomnia to make them slightly less draining.
        Added exclusivity rule so characters can't take both Adrenaline and Hemophobia.

1.2 - Rework of several traits.
        Addition of Fearless and Bipolar Disorder.

1.3 - Further balancing of specific traits.
        Addition of Firearm Enthusiast trait.
        Fearless removed on confirmation that the vanilla trait "Brave" now operates as intended again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pravus, that's so fucking awesome that you did this. Thanks for being a generally badass dude.

Also major props to Kjulo for the original and that completely fitting trait art.

Also, I'm guessing a new game would be recommended?

Pravus, that's so fucking awesome that you did this. Thanks for being a generally badass dude.

Also major props to Kjulo for the original and that completely fitting trait art.

Thanks so much!  Always a pleasure to hear that players are appreciating my work!

Yes, a new game will most likely be required to ensure proper behavior of the new traits.

Also...

*Updated to v1.3!  Check back a few posts in this thread for a download link and change log!

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much!  Always a pleasure to hear that players are appreciating my work!

Yes, a new game will most likely be required to ensure proper behavior of the new traits.

Also...

*Updated to v1.3!  Check back a few posts in this thread for a download link and change log!

I love your mod, but was dissapointed that it didnt have some of the original mods traits. Im curious what your 'roadmap' for the mod is - will you ever include Basement Dweller (Aka best perk)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...