More accurate and detailed trait descriptions

Moose65

Some of the trait descriptions are a bit lacking, and not fully understandable. Some of them don't even work atm. Here is a list of traits that could use some cleaning up or explanations.

Baseball Player: Currently states +1 Blunt Accuracy. From what I understand, RJ said it also provides slightly faster swings with bats. Trait should state +1 Blunt Accuracy. Slightly faster bat swings. Justifiable, as blunt weapons atm are slightly weaker than sharp, and it doesn't hurt to provide this info.

Lucky/Unlucky: Trolliest trait as far as descriptions go. I understand they may want this to remain as is, but the only things confirmed are loot rolls and repair chances. Not even going to dive into this one.

Resilient/Prone to Ilness: Currently states Less/More prone to disease. Slower/Faster rate of zombification. This could use some clearing up. If this doesn't affect zombification from scratches, and only affects colds (as its believed to atm), it needs cleared up. Was this ever updated to provide resistance to non-zombie infections? Anyways, disease is too broad of a term, especially when there are no diseases in game other than colds (and perhaps zombification if its not space magic).

If it does only affect colds, then both traits need major overhauls, as outdoorsmen makes Resilient completely useless, and makes prone to illness a free +2.

Pacifist: Never taken this trait honestly, and I really have no idea what exactly it does. Description says Less effective with weapons. Is it simply less damage done, less knockback, less accuracy, less XP gains, and/or hidden skill modifier?

Night Owl: Doesn't do anything, should be removed till it does.

Axe Man: Currently states Better at chopping trees. Faster axe swing. Better at chopping trees part is kinda vague, but otherwise pretty self-explanatory.

I'm quite sure what Pacifist does is nerfing weapon proficiency experience you gain when using weapons. It's a 0.7 nerf so -30% of exp gained. I'm sure I've seen that stated somwhere here on the forums. I have personally taken that trait a couple of times and it wasn't that bad. At least with melee weapons exp.

I'm quite sure what Pacifist does is nerfing weapon proficiency experience you gain when using weapons. It's a 0.7 nerf so -30% of exp gained. I'm sure I've that stated somwhere here on the forums. I have personally taken that trait a couple of times and it wasn't that bad. At least with melee weapons exp.

Useful information, and its definitely less of a drawback than one would imagine. A more accurate description for this then would be "Slower XP gains with weapons."

• 5 months later...
On 27.10.2015 at 5:56 PM, Moose65 said:

Axe Man: Currently states Better at chopping trees. Faster axe swing. Better at chopping trees part is kinda vague, but otherwise pretty self-explanatory.

Uh, it's old topic but, I'm doing research for some time on how things actually work in PZ, and this is something that I've found out:

Axe Man doesn’t increase speed of axe swing. It's +2 to blade accuracy that does. You may compare character with Axe Man and 2lvl of blade accuracy, with character that has only 2lvl of blade accuracy. It's the same (use stopper to measure it).

Lucky/Unlucky  is a mystery, I'm not able to get any solid info on this.

Edited by Zentharius

27 minutes ago, Zentharius said:

Axe Man doesn’t increase speed of axe swing. It's +2 to blade accuracy that does. You may compare character with Axe Man and 2lvl of blade accuracy, with character that has only 2lvl of blade accuracy. It's the same (use stopper to measure it).

Wow. You have just undermined my go-for profession choice... I've been living a lie since I started playing this game. Well... goodbye Lumberjack :P

3 hours ago, Geras said:

Wow. You have just undermined my go-for profession choice... I've been living a lie since I started playing this game. Well... goodbye Lumberjack :P

Same here, when I was doing this research, the goal was to see how big is Axe Man improvement over normal character performance. I was, disappointed as hell.

But disappointment with Lumberjack it's just half truth. Consider that with Blade Accuracy +2 one gains +100% xp. With Blade Accuracy +3 and fast learner one giants +165%xp.  This changes a lot: one gains lvl 10 in blunt ~7x faster. And lvl 10 in blade accuracy totally rocks, bonus to damage and swinging speed is massive (if I’m correct it’s +60% speed), no trait can be even compared with that.

In the end, when I intend to play full contact character, I always go for Lumberjack ;)

Edited by Zentharius

4 hours ago, Zentharius said:

Axe Man doesn’t increase speed of axe swing. It's +2 to blade accuracy that does. You may compare character with Axe Man and 2lvl of blade accuracy, with character that has only 2lvl of blade accuracy. It's the same (use stopper to measure it)

Btw you should post that on the bug tracker. Maybe devs will fix this.

On 26.04.2016 at 11:58 PM, Geras said:

Axe Man doesn’t increase speed of axe swing. It's +2 to blade accuracy that does. You may compare character with Axe Man and 2lvl of blade accuracy, with character that has only 2lvl of blade accuracy. It's the same (use stopper to measure it)

Yep, I'm working on list of bugs connected to trait/professions descriptions (traits connected to sleeping are inaccurate, there are several problems with fitness/strength traits, too etc.) . When done, I'll post all of them in one raport.

• 2 weeks later...