Issues with workshop items downloading

AnonPrime

Hey, not sure if it just affects me, though I have tried on a few computers and all show the same issue.

All systems were using Windows, though ranged from Win 7, Win 8.1 and Win 10. For each I was using the latest Windows server files for PZ with the latest build of steamcmd.

If I add large workshop items (1MB and up) they download part way then hang. Each time I start up the server it downloads another chunk of the file and hangs with no progress, and will eventually crash after a few minutes. This is quite annoying when trying to add something like Hydrocraft (workshop ID 498441420) to my server which is 10MB as of the latest update. It will get to ~90% downloaded (after restarting the server like 12 times) then will not finish the rest.

They still download fine for the single player client through the main Steam interface. I tried copying and pasting the workshop files over to the server but it seems to want to finish the download anyways.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this? I tried looking into if this was a known issue with steamcmd but haven't been able to find any related info. Either that or anybody know a way of working around this by moving the files over manually? I tried a few things and haven't found a way yet.

Sorry should have posted this in the help section....

but i found out a work around, I copied and pasted sections from my main "appworkshop_108600.acf" in my steam directory used for my PZ client into the same named file for my PZ server, and of course copied over the mod directories as well.

There are two sections i coped over for each mod, as an example for hydrocraft I needed to copy over into the "WorkshopItemsInstalled" section:

"498441420"
        {
            "manifest"        "6903537967745488508"
            "size"        "12756706"
            "timeupdated"        "1445588138"
        }

and in the     "WorkshopItemDetails" section I copied over

"498441420"
        {
            "manifest"        "6903537967745488508"
            "timeupdated"        "1445588138"
            "timetouched"        "1445618038"
        }

• 1 month later...

Does this still work for the new build 33? And also, I have an idea of what you're explaining, cause I haven't made a server in about a year and last night I was able to spend a few hours online searching through different forums and found the new Steam CMD thing you have to do now for Steam servers and I did it and my server works fine but I can't find the server settings and I don't know how to include mods into the server.

So, can you explain it again but in terms of folders and where to put what files and stuff?

kind of like........put file(filename or folder) into

C:\user\folder\folder\folder......................... like that.

cause I know where the folder for Hydrocraft(498441429) cause I started digging through most steam folders it's I just don't know what or where............

{

"manifest"

"timeupdated"

"timetouched"

}

...........is in Windows 7 or which folder in Steam it's in.

Archived