Zombie Rally Group size range, instead of one static number.

BoogieMan

To make it so not every horde you encounter after a few in-game days looks just about identical in number and distribution, maybe add three fields that govern rally group size and a percentage modifier that governs the likelyhood of that number being selected.

Right now it's set at 20. Instead, for example you could have something like 4-8, 12-18, and 20-28 with 40%, 30%, 30% utilization respectively. Perhaps even spice it up even more by weighting the percentage rolls based on what size the "neighboring" hordes have selected to reduce the chance of one area getting too high a population.

It would probably be beneficial to make a random-ish appearing adjustment for how the groups distribute themselves on the map as well, so you don't encounter those areas with neatly spaced zombie hordes dotting the landscape.

Zed migration time is controllable with sandbox / server settings. This one is almost certainly a confirmed No, the game's supposed to be hard, and the hordes are controlled mainly by how they attract each other, and how they distract each other by running into things.

Zed migration time is controllable with sandbox / server settings. This one is almost certainly a confirmed No, the game's supposed to be hard, and the hordes are controlled mainly by how they attract each other, and how they distract each other by running into things.

I think he means more like a randomized "limit" of maximum Zombies for a "group". For example, right now it has a fixed limit (that you can change in sandbox), because of this the hordes will never form in groups higher than that limit number, meaning if there's 40 zombies in the area and the limit is 20, then we'd see two zombie clumps with even amount of zombies in each.

What he proposes is to see random amount of groups with random amount of zombies clumped into it. For the same example, with 40 zombies we'd instead see 1 group with 10 zombies, 1 group with 14 and 1 group with 16, without having all of them reform into two groups with 20.

Yes, Leolvanov is exactly right. What I said is not about making the game easier, but adding more variety to the existing difficulty instead of every horde being identical. The settings I am talking about adding don't exist..  It's too neat and mathematical at the moment. Zombies shouldn't be so organized, and it's never surprising since you always know what to expect since it's always the same.

This is specifically about suggesting the Rally Group Size having a range of sizes, or at least a random size between two amounts so it isn't always the same size of group.

To illustrate what I mean, the picture on the left is basically how zombies hordes look and distribute right now. The right picture is how it could look utilizing what I am suggesting.

post-2093-0-19188100-1445519823_thumb.jp

post-2093-0-71477000-1445519830_thumb.jp

+1 for random hordes size, but i'd also love them to merge into a giant horde eventually. since you'll have less zombies in hordes, i vote for more stragglers around to balance it

Yeah those are good ideas. More stragglers is good since they more often add an unexpected element. I almost never die to hordes, but rather get an infected scratch or bite from an unexpected lone zombie or small group in a weird place.

It would be cool if sadistic AI can breake horde size limit and form a herd from a few hordes.

that would be my wet dream of having an organized society with players calculating the position of herds and attracting them away to preserve the base, like in twd comic where they used horses and a horn <3
Yep ! Or have that last stand and defend your base vs that huge herd. Just like in TWD comic.

It would be cool if sadistic AI can breake horde size limit and form a herd from a few hordes.

that would be my wet dream of having an organized society with players calculating the position of herds and attracting them away to preserve the base, like in twd comic where they used horses and a horn <3
Yep ! Or have that last stand and defend your base vs that huge herd. Just like in TWD comic.

or just sitting in your safehouse in the outer area of a city and watching a herd pass by (you'd have removed stairs by that point) so that you just watch them from the window, hold your breath and hope they pass quickly (perhaps with the help of the new elicopter in build 33).

BTW, the new elicopter!

will it change group formations? will it form herds? i think there's a good chance that it will form herds since it will be moving from an area to another all the times

from what i have noticed, in game most zeds just wander into large clusters and stay there, when they move the suck in other groups. a week into a game a horde of something like 300 was outside my house. i escape but most of the town was then left zed free and this is sorta a problem. i agree having areas that can have varied horde sizes since a single group of zeds are not fun to deal with.