[WIP] Alaska Map

Kaltag

Hey!

So I've been thinking that a cold map would be really interesting and so I'm making one

1411676201464.gif

What Will It Be Like?

It will be COLD

iamtoocoldtowork.gif

It will be AGRESSIVE

yko2kUo.gif

It will be BIG

original.jpg

It will also be my first map :D so hopefully I can make it COOL.

I was thinking of making it around Anchorage, but I am open to ideas. I would also like to make one in the Nome region, as it would give a nice uninhabited/alone feel. I also want to make it so it is not so about zombies (although it will, trust me :) ) but also about surviving in a harsh environment, little food, cant really grow food a lot, etc. Anyway tell me what you think and again, I am open to suggestions.

Features

Ice

Snow

Falling Snow

Snow Piling Up

Snow Packing

Snow Shoes

Shoveling Snow

Igloos :D

References to my favorite movie

Coldness

New Diseases

As you can see I will probably be making a mod to go with it, and I would like to work with other modders to make sure it is compatible with theirs.

If you want to help with this, I would love help, its my first map again and I am open to any help, wether you want to make something for it or you wanna give me cookies.

I'd love an alaska map! Low population density, lots of nature <3 Have you ever seen/played the game "The Long Dark"?

The problem is we dont have a lot of nature as right now (until your mod fixes that) to actually pose a threat in PZ, the only threat at the moment are zombies (and with the whole low population, that will go down fast) and cold that you pretty much have to play with clothes until you find the max stats for those.

Also water and food, cant see a way to keep it up in a cold environment. 

I'd love an alaska map! Low population density, lots of nature <3 Have you ever seen/played the game "The Long Dark"?

The problem is we dont have a lot of nature as right now (until your mod fixes that) to actually pose a threat in PZ, the only threat at the moment are zombies (and with the whole low population, that will go down fast) and cold that you pretty much have to play with clothes until you find the max stats for those.

Boil snow. :P

No, but I've heard of it, looks fun.

I will be adding a ton of mods probably to help make it what I want, but I will try to keep it down because I want to make sure it is compatible with most mods. Also the fact that it is hard to get food and water in it itself makes it a harsh environment.

Boil snow. :P

This exactly and you will be able to drip snow to get water

So, Alaska was Russia's land... And you know what I mean? Of course alot of vodka and bears!

vodka keeps you warm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, zoeyflower said:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MEMES
Are you still working on the map? I dont think so myself but maybe this bump will encourage you to continue cause I was getting really excited for an alaska map

Everyones waiting for creative tools to restart maps man, it's a bummer.

I feel like the devs and some members did a great job in the recent week(s) they released the build 36 2x tiles editor files along with an indepth official mapping guide from start to workshop uploading + im not a big fan of the random house generation in creative mod I feel like many maps could just feel the same 

20 hours ago, zoeyflower said:

I feel like the devs and some members did a great job in the recent week(s) they released the build 36 2x tiles editor files along with an indepth official mapping guide from start to workshop uploading + im not a big fan of the random house generation in creative mod I feel like many maps could just feel the same 

Since the Devs released such a lovely guide i'm now actually thinking about making my own map or at least a one to test add something extra ie: like maybe an abandoned factory :)

• 2 weeks later...