Modded Save Game Cleaner

Furente7

There is a tool for Skyrim that lets you strip and clean orphan scripts (left over, save bloating garbage scripts) from save games that once had mods that were deactivated. 

I'm not sure how the PZ saves work, but could there theoretically be a way to do the same for PZ saves? Or would it be impossible?

Regardless, it might be worth looking into when PZ updates, mods get left behind in the dust and leave behind important things that end up destroying your save game. Let's avoid that, shall we!

AFAIK, mods don't leave running scripts in the save game. Hell, I don't think even uninstalling item mods breaks the game (unless if it modifies a tile)

Still though, it'd be neat if the game would save a list of loaded mods on one load and compare the list to the current one on the next load, and if they don't match then the game checks and resets modified tiles and such.

AFAIK, mods don't leave running scripts in the save game. Hell, I don't think even uninstalling item mods breaks the game (unless if it modifies a tile)

Still though, it'd be neat if the game would save a list of loaded mods on one load and compare the list to the current one on the next load, and if they don't match then the game checks and resets modified tiles and such.

Whilst I would normally have agreed with you there, see this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/16834-crafting-ui-doesnt-appear/

That's a pretty good idea actually. The active mods at the time of the save could be saved in a .txt file and checked each time the save is loaded, and if they're not the same then the game would automatically make a backup of the world and attempt to reset the world: all tiles, containers and such. Possibly it could go one step further so you don't lose all your possessions by giving you the most vanilla counterpart (i.e. if you had a spas12 from a modded gun pack, it would give you a standard PZ shotgun) in the case of the mod being absent. Obviously this "smart script" would be complicated to code and probably not always work.

Whilst I would normally have agreed with you there, see this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/16834-crafting-ui-doesnt-appear/

That's a pretty good idea actually. The active mods at the time of the save could be saved in a .txt file and checked each time the save is loaded, and if they're not the same then the game would automatically make a backup of the world and attempt to reset the world: all tiles, containers and such. Possibly it could go one step further so you don't lose all your possessions by giving you the most vanilla counterpart (i.e. if you had a spas12 from a modded gun pack, it would give you a standard PZ shotgun) in the case of the mod being absent. Obviously this "smart script" would be complicated to code and probably not always work.

It could just check for the item type, and give you the type of the item.

It could just check for the item type, and give you the type of the item.

Simple and easy, yes. But not very broad