Unconsciousness

MePhone4S

The PZ Team aims to make this game as realistic as possible, yet they forgot something important.

Unconsciousness

Though this will mostly effect multiplayer until the release of A.I Survivors, it's something that should be added and would make for more tactical approaches in combat when targeting heavily armed players. 

Basically, you can become unconscious when you are low on blood, suffering the pain debuff "Agony" for a set amount of time, or hit with a blunt weapon enough times, you become unconscious.

When you are unconscious, you can not interact, see, or hear anything and can not use your inventory. Unconsciousness lasts for 3 minutes, if someone hits you, the time is increased by 1 minute, 5 hits in a row kills you. You can tie up unconscious players and also inject them with substances (if such a thing is going to be added).  You can also drag them to wherever you please, you are also able to loot their body.

+1 

Also, given the fact that there is locational damage in PZ, a solid hit to the head with a blunt weapon should increase the chance of being knocked out by a lot. This also makes me wonder if adding limb targeting should be a thing - Allowing players with a high skill in blunt/blade accuracy to target specific limbs. You could target zombie legs to make them have an increased chance of falling over, or heads for an increased chance for critical hits. Oh, the possibilities! :P

In the current build, you can not pass out from sleep deprivation. You just get weaker. On topic though, realistically I can't see myself using blunt force to kidnap someone being a viable thing, but that's just me.

I know, but that's the "confirmed" feature in the list of Commonly Suggested Suggestions

He's talking about passing out from pain, which I haven't heard before

As fun as people might think this is, remember that we're in a zombie apocalypse here.  The unintended consequence is that you'll die more times than you ever could image as you pass out/fall unconscious around LOTS of zombies.  Or...not lots of zombies, just one.  Just imagine how sucky it would be to fall from the second floor accidentally (it happens), and you pass out from the pain.  One zombie comes across your tender unconscious butt and makes a meal out of you.  You're unconscious, so assuming you were in so much pain that you passed out, being eating isn't going to suddenly wake you up. 

I think a lot of people would hate this.  In multiplayer, I come behind you and wack you in the head with a bat, then I walk away to let the zombies finish you off.  Unless you like playing without zombies, in which case just go buy the Sims, COD, or something.... 

As fun as people might think this is, remember that we're in a zombie apocalypse here.  The unintended consequence is that you'll die more times than you ever could image as you pass out/fall unconscious around LOTS of zombies.  Or...not lots of zombies, just one.  Just imagine how sucky it would be to fall from the second floor accidentally (it happens), and you pass out from the pain.  One zombie comes across your tender unconscious butt and makes a meal out of you.  You're unconscious, so assuming you were in so much pain that you passed out, being eating isn't going to suddenly wake you up. 

I think a lot of people would hate this.  In multiplayer, I come behind you and wack you in the head with a bat, then I walk away to let the zombies finish you off.  Unless you like playing without zombies, in which case just go buy the Sims, COD, or something.... 

I agree with OPs idea, though I feel like the amount of time one is unconscious should depend on the amount of pain the character is experiencing. I also feel like if a character is panicked, that unconsciousness from pain should be less likely as the character would be experiencing an adrenaline rush.

I agree with OPs idea, though I feel like the amount of time one is unconscious should depend on the amount of pain the character is experiencing. I also feel like if a character is panicked, that unconsciousness from pain should be less likely as the character would be experiencing an adrenaline rush.

Then you get a shock and gg

"The PZ Team aims to make this game as realistic as possible, yet they forgot something important."

Actually for the most part most people are telling me that realism is tossed out in favor of balance.

Anyhow as for the main topic, isn't this already slated to be implemented in some fashion?

that's because some things are actually easier to do in the game rather than in real life, so people could exploit them if done exactly how they work in real life.

op is wrong on that sentence though, it's "The PZ Team aims to make this game as realistically HARD as possible"
but that doesn't change the fact that unconsciousness is already confirmed as a yes in the commonly suggested suggestion's thread, so, to answer your question, yes, it should be implemented sooner or later :)

that's because some things are actually easier to do in the game rather than in real life, so people could exploit them if done exactly how they work in real life.

op is wrong on that sentence though, it's "The PZ Team aims to make this game as realistically HARD as possible"

but that doesn't change the fact that unconsciousness is already confirmed as a yes in the commonly suggested suggestion's thread, so, to answer your question, yes, it should be implemented sooner or later :)

I'm pretty sure that when they said "Passing out" they meant from sleep deprivation though

Also, you guys are acting like any amount of pain will knock you out, which isn't the case.  It's pain like sewing skin together after getting hit with an axe or pulling a bullet out of your shoulder with tweezers, or running on a broken leg that would knock you out from pain sometimes.

It could be implemented as a darkening screen, where when you notice it you have some time to try and get to safety. Would possibly create some excitement for the times you've cocked up. For example if you get shot or something major.

And yes the original confirmation is about sleep deprivation.

It could be implemented as a darkening screen, where when you notice it you have some time to try and get to safety. Would possibly create some excitement for the times you've cocked up. For example if you get shot or something major.

And yes the original confirmation is about sleep deprivation.

That would ruin it, don't you think? Plus, I don't think an actual hit to your head would give you time to walk around before your brain feels the sudden shock.

Well I wasn't talking about hitting, but the other options. I don't necessarily like the idea of becoming unconscious when hit, although realistic, it might not suit well with gameplay. I think a 10 second blackout would only seem fair. An out of the blue blackout would cause major annoyances to many players.

Well I wasn't talking about hitting, but the other options. I don't necessarily like the idea of becoming unconscious when hit, although realistic, it might not suit well with gameplay. I think a 10 second blackout would only seem fair. An out of the blue blackout would cause major annoyances to many players.

Survival games are supposed to be unfair, fairness ruins survival games. Plus, it wouldn't really be "out of the blue", as you can defend yourself against the threat.