Amputation by doctor/nurse

NagashUD

actually it should take less than a minute to have some sort of sense.
that would make for some awesome scenario in multiplayer where the doc is always equipped with the amputation stuff, so that the group holds the horde, the doc and the bitten guy immediately retreat and starts the amputation and cauterization process. for now it would be amazing, but once they'll add passing out, the group might need to manually carry the wounded guy to a safe place (i'm pretty sure that you should pass out in case someone amputates you and then cauterizes the wound).
you should also scream load enough to attract zombies while you get operated, and you might equip something to suffocate the sound, like a gag or something

Problem with bites realistically is that the infection is caused by the zombie's saliva entering the victim's blood, which in turn pumps the virus/contagion around the body very quickly. 

You'd have to be extremely fast and lucky to stop the blood flow of a limb when getting bitten by applying a tourniquet, but other than that it's a death sentence.

I'm just applying snake bite logic to a zombie scenario. [Obviously a tourniquet is NOT good practice for snake bites unless you want to lose a limb ;)

However amputation in general is a great idea and should be introduced, but the amount of work that would go into the modelling of the player/zombies/npcs to have a combination of their 4 limbs amputated, and to have their apparel, weapons and animations change to suit that would be a tedious challenge to say the least. Also noting that TIS plan on supporting the 2D sprites for the guys with older/weaker computers, so they would have to add support for that, and sprites are not fun to do in bulk

that's a good point, but i guess they'll have to drop support for 2d models anyway at some point (just my call, i'm not sure on this one but i think that the new animations will give them some issues on this matter too).
i agree, you should cut the limb really fast, i'd say a couple of seconds, but we could make it a minute or two (no more than two or it would feel ridicolous) for the sake of the gameplay, but adding a chance that the infection might spread anyway (let's say a 15% of chance anyway or something like that)

that's a good point, but i guess they'll have to drop support for 2d models anyway at some point (just my call, i'm not sure on this one but i think that the new animations will give them some issues on this matter too).

i agree, you should cut the limb really fast, i'd say a couple of seconds, but we could make it a minute or two (no more than two or it would feel ridicolous) for the sake of the gameplay, but adding a chance that the infection might spread anyway (let's say a 15% of chance anyway or something like that)

The only slight problem I can see with this is the timescale. Obviously 2 minutes in real life makes sense, but in game the clock moves much faster (depending on your timescale settings), which could lead to problems such as immediate infection on the lowest timescale setting.

Keeping it locked at 2 minutes real time makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but kind of goes against the game's timescale logic

Just a heads up!

I want to be that boring guy: you're having the exact same discussion as the one we had in the link I've provided. Have a look ^^

Get used to it - rehashing thoroughly debated topics as if they're new is one of the top pastimes on here. The elusive search button remains undiscovered it seems.

I want to be that boring guy: you're having the exact same discussion as the one we had in the link I've provided. Have a look ^^

Get used to it - rehashing thoroughly debated topics as if they're new is one of the top pastimes on here. The elusive search button remains undiscovered it seems.

Yeah, I knew that and the link was an (pointless) effort to prevent that. Looks like I miserably failed. Well, on to the next :P

Yeah i like the idea of the 15% chances of infection spread, and maybe with pain balance with the first aid skill : (1 point = losing 90% life ,2 points : 80% etc)

Yeah i like the idea of the 15% chances of infection spread, and maybe with pain balance with the first aid skill : (1 point = losing 90% life ,2 points : 80% etc)

I kind of like that too, and maybe to add to it is maybe have a 15% or 25% chance that you end up succumbing to the amputation (you end up bleeding to death or something)