Chef, Foraging, and Medical Herbs - Suggestion

ColonelJayce

Since I'm getting into PZ again, I thought I would make a suggestion. I have already seen all 3 of the things that I am about to suggest listed on this forum, I just thought I would back their ideas and show my support without resurrecting 3 separate threads.

Keep in mind that I do not have knowledge of the entire change log, and since I have only recently started playing, I may be rambling on about things that may already be implemented into the game.

Problem-

I feel like the chef profession, along with the cooking skill in general are bad trade-offs in comparison to other skills such as carpentry. While it is nice to be able to maximize food potential, I don't feel the need to be a dedicated cook, since you can easily find foods in town, grow them in your garden, go fishing, or be a trapper. While being a chef isn't necessarily bad, I feel like there are many other professions which trample over the usefulness of being a dedicated cook.

Solution-

I would suggest giving a player with a high cooking skill the ability to create foods with certain perks or bonuses, with potency based on cooking skill. This would allow a dedicated chef to prepare his group with certain foods that would provide temporary buffs such as reduced panic, increased strength, better accuracy, and increased stamina.

Problem-

Foraging is a very nice, and welcomed addition to any survival game. I feel like foraging has its uses, but it could be so much more. I feel like alone, foraging isn't something that would make a man rich, however I feel like it should be a means of substitution for other professions to acquire certain products (Albeit diluted products) that are difficult to find otherwise.

Solution-

Foraging should be a skill that also benefits either the group, or another profession. Adding a few very basic herbs to the game (Such as Aloe, Chicory, ect.) would allow a high level first aid player to treat minor wounds, and make a diluted substitute for other medical items. This could also apply to other professions, such as cooking, fishing, and trapping.

Let me know of your thoughts on this.