The map is too big for MP

Svarog

If I am understanding what I have read in the mondoids when creative comes out we can make our own maps.

Does that mean size too? That would be neat, and would fix that.

Well if you fence off a small area and build inside that, then you essentially create a small map, so yes that is possible.

I believe that creative will make people create smaller MP maps which fixes this "problem". Personally I'm with Leolvanov. MP is not meant for DayZ-like multiplayer.

If I am understanding what I have read in the mondoids when creative comes out we can make our own maps.

Well if you fence off a small area and build inside that, then you essentially create a small map, so yes that is possible.

I believe that creative will make people create smaller MP maps which fixes this "problem". Personally I'm with Leolvanov. MP is not meant for DayZ-like multiplayer.

Fencing off an area may be a problem towards the zombie system. Actually fencing something would make it a zombieno-spawn area, am I right? I think Jerico really means small-sized maps and this is absolutely possible regarding what's been done for instance with TWD prison.

Fencing off an area may be a problem towards the zombie system. Actually fencing something would make it a zombieno-spawn area, am I right? I think Jerico really means small-sized maps and this is absolutely possible regarding what's been done for instance with TWD prison.

Yep thats what I meant. We have also seen examples of smaller maps with the challenge maps.

Well its hard to know what to feel when reading this except... well sorry I guess, sucks to be us ;)

I wouldn't say that it sucks to be you, you guys made what I would say is the best Zombie Apocalypse game in the times where we have an absolute flood of such games, most of them being absolute shit DayZ clones) bringing joy to a lot of people.

I do occasionally watch various statistics and that's where it comes from. Idk, idc if there are thousands people using, say, any of the mods I made, if I made 5 of them happy I'm good.

I in no way meant to offend you or otherwise be all negative (Granted, I am a very cynical person so I tend to sound negative all the time), I tend to go on random rants about stuff that just so happened to annoy me in the past 24h, playing on multiple MP servers in one day searching for a MP experience and seeing at most ONE person (who didn't even speak English or give a fck that there was another player in the area) really annoyed me.

Like I said, I don't have much time to game lately, I hear most people have barely any time to play games, jumping into public MP I imagine people want more than the experience of joining a public chatroom on a random site while playing a windowed SP game in the meantime. Idk, I expected some instant gratification I guess, I was never a fan of MP, I joined an MP serv expecting to instantly see and go with/against other people. Didn't get that, got annoyed, did a rant on PZ-Forums.

Still, I stand by what I said, the default map is big, many servers use mod maps, a huge expansions is coming, wile that is great, it, IMHO, won't help the MP experience, which to me, barely beats the experience of PZ 0.1.5 sandbox with NPCs most of the time. I'd join an RP server, which I hear solve a lot of the problems I have, but I really don't have the time in my life to do RP in MP anymore, I just want to join a server and play with people for those 2-3 hours I have to spare be they hostile twats or friendly dudes.

Also, apologies if my post is incoherent, I've got one hell of a hangover.