Tiles missing from old project on a new pc

Suomiboi

Hey,

I'm trying to return to Radcliff once again after gaining some willpower after 2 lost PCs. I had this same issue with the last pc, and I solved it by not caring about it. This time I'd want to do this proper.

The problem is missing tilesets after opening the session after it was backed up and moved to a new pc. I have the "Tilesets..." pointing in the right folder and all in there is seemingly ok. The issue is that tiled isn't recognizing some sets that are there.

Here's a couple of pics to illustrate:

Spoiler

BfFuUWW.png

hIePIM4.png

More weird is that the missing tiles are different in some cells... Could it be that it depends on what's in the cell?

I also want to point out that this could be a serious thing if something happens to the official files the devs are using and this is an actual issue with no solution. As this makes editing old areas of the map impossible.

If there's anything anyone knows in regards of how to fix this I'd appreciate it a ton!

Thanks beforehand!

Ok, first step forward, I added the tiles to the current map via the plus button in the "Tiles..." menu. I got rid of most of the missing textures, but still have many missing.

pic:

kICSzLQ.png

Is there a way that I can point the tools to the correct tileset?

EDIT: it seems to be somehow connected to the quick tools on the upper side of the screen... They maybe create a wrong path for the tiles to read from?

The TMX files contain the relative path to each tileset.  Example:

<tileset firstgid="1" name="appliances_cooking_01" tilewidth="64" tileheight="128">  <image source="../Tiles/appliances_cooking_01.png" width="512" height="1024"/> </tileset>

The "<image source="..."/> lines show where the tileset image should be relative to the TMX file.  If you move the TMX or move the folder containing the tilesets it will break these paths.

So if you have ??? for a tile, figure out which tileset it is (use the eyedropper tool I suppose) then check that the PNG file for that tileset exists, and that the "image source=" line is pointing to it.

The TMX files contain the relative path to each tileset.  Example:

<tileset firstgid="1" name="appliances_cooking_01" tilewidth="64" tileheight="128">  <image source="../Tiles/appliances_cooking_01.png" width="512" height="1024"/> </tileset>

The "<image source="..."/> lines show where the tileset image should be relative to the TMX file.  If you move the TMX or move the folder containing the tilesets it will break these paths.

So if you have ??? for a tile, figure out which tileset it is (use the eyedropper tool I suppose) then check that the PNG file for that tileset exists, and that the "image source=" line is pointing to it.

Yup, that fixed it! It had separate, additional sources for the ones that were missing. All I had to do was find the one with a source to an old location and replace those ones with the new one in notepad++.

Thank you so much for the help, this'll get me going again!!