How to create a server with community maps

Psicopata

Hello friends! I've been trying to put a community map steam in multiplayer, but was not having success. Hence I decided to do research and testing. Finally I managed to put not one but how many maps I wanted in my server, provided they were not created maps for identical positions on the main map. Now, get to work!

I used the map of "South Muldraugh" as a reference, not only because they liked him, but why your files were compatible with the multiplayer, I must add that I have not tested other maps to be the basic files.

From there, create a folder named "South Muldraugh, KY", could be another name, but this way is reliable because it has been tested. Inside this folder put all the maps we want to take our server, noting that the modified maps is not, can they at the same location of the original map, if this occurs, you must choose one or the other. It's like baking a cake, putting out the files inside the folder "South Muldraugh, KY" when finish placing all files of the maps you want, play for the last map files "South Muldraugh". This is because we choose it as basic files.

Within the created folder (South Muldraugh, KY) may not have files called "spawnregions", it should be deleted.

CAUTION: Files "spawnpoints.lua"; "map.info" and "objects.lua" should be those extracted from the map with the basic files, South Muldraugh, since he chose to major files. The aforementioned files may not be different from the files downloaded in basemap.

With the folder "South Muldraugh, KY" ready, we like to proceed to the next step.

Now let's change the files located in "C: Users / your PC name / Zomboid". Inside this folder you will find the "Server" folder and will open the file "servertest".

With the file "servertest" open, we will look for the line "Map = Muldraugh, KY" and replace it with "Map = South Muldraugh, KY". This line causes the server to read the folder you created. Of course not put the folder you created (South Muldraugh, KY) in the right place, so come on.

If your server is dedicated to the steam you will open the server directory and go to media / maps. Inside the "maps" folder place the folder "South Muldraugh, KY". So we have four folders inside the "maps" folder.

Now turn the C: Users / your PC name / Zomboid / server, and open the "servertest_spawnregions.lua" file.

Within this file we find references to two cities in the game. So we will add one new reference for the city of South Muldraugh (I still can not create a player spawning for each city added on the main map). So it should look like this:

{Name = "Muldraugh, KY" file = "media / maps / Muldraugh, KY / spawnpoints.lua"},

{Name = "West Point, KY" file = "media / maps / West Point, KY / spawnpoints.lua"},

{Name = "South Muldraugh, KY" file = "media / maps / South Muldraugh, KY / spawnpoints.lua"},

This will make your character spawns in one of the three cities mentioned in the file lines "servertest_spawnregions.lua".

Done all that your server will be ready to run the maps. Remembering that you can add mods normally. I here added the mod "antize" and "hydrocraft" the conventional manner and did not present conflict.

SERVER CLIENT

Abora all your friends should do to play on your server is to place the folder "South Muldraugh, KY" you created in: steam / steamapps / common / ProjectZomboid / media / maps.

A brief comment: if your server is "-nosteam" just put the neo created local folder that customers should put and do other procedures. Ask any questions. Big hug for everyone !!!

Archived