Additional Hairstyles

Kanachan

Hair colors is probably doable in lua, hairstyles however is done with 3d models if I'm right. Jab is working on things like these (for example he made hats work) in his ModelLoader utility mod. Link: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14845-b3230-v111java-modelloader/?p=198054

It's probably the only way to get more hairstyles aswell. And for that, you'll need to make the 3d models for it ;)

Aside from having the suggestion here, I'd advice doing some side research on it yourself aswell ^__^ To make it easier for the modders to know what they'll get into if they are to try something like this. I like the idea btw! However, it's not my area unfortunetly. But I figured I'd give some extra info on it for if someone else wants to try it.

There's already a mod for extra hair colors, however I'm told it doesn't work in multiplayer yet, just single player. I too would like more hairstyles, but it's not as high on my list of wants as new clothing options. Since the avatars are so small, it's hard to see the hairstyle difference anyway.

• 1 month later...