Dogs and Wildlife... Soon™... Now taking tester applications.

MisterInSayne

I'll try to keep this 'update' relatively short.

So after MisterInSayne's last post, he sorta just dropped off the radar and we never really talked about the mod, or at all. Despite this, he does still appear online on Steam, so I'll ask him about things when he's next on, provided I can catch him.

In terms of the mod, there have been no additional updates, information or even planning in the background, so everything discussed and revealed by InSayne and myself in this thread is everything that makes up the current build of the Companion mod. It's a shame, honestly, however I've had a reason for not continuing my work on the mod's assets.

I'm currently 18 and in college studying Games Development, something that I take pretty seriously. Put simply, I'm dedicating as much time as I can in order to receive the highest possible marks on the course, all the while ensuring my portfolio is done to a professional quality in preparation for University (which is coming up very soon). It wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't so intent on maxing out my grades in college, but I've almost done it so to stop giving 110% now would just be silly. :P Lots of work, no time for modding. The time that I do have free is put towards modelling and texturing more game-ready 3D assets that can act as additional content for my portfolio, which once again, I deem a tad more important over modding.

Despite this, I do have a practical unit on my course that is coming up at some point (Estimated around March or April) that involves people working together on a modification for an actual game. I'm still debating with myself on whether or not to return to PZ modding when this comes around, so we'll see how that turns out. Modding for PZ and getting graded for it is a win-win situation, however realistically something more challenging would benefit me in the long run. We'll see. :)

I'm going to go on a whim and say that the mod is NOT dead, but the chances of it being continued are slim to none. Worst case scenario is that I give out all of my assets and hope that it can be used by the community in some way, shape or form, similar to what I did with my 3D Models thread.

I'm a bit late, but I hope you all had a happy new year with fun times and such! I'll pop back in every now and then, it's hard to stay away from such a great community and development team. :D

• 1 month later...