Dogs and Wildlife... Soon™... Now taking tester applications.

MisterInSayne

What 3 letters?

Exactly! <3

Seriously know, whatever you call it its impressive.

Thank you for the compliment btw :) It's still going to take a while before it's all set up, but... WolfeClaw an me have been moving at an amazing speed. We ourselves even have been getting more and more excited each day, so we can only immagine to how players will react once we finish the first public version.

Edit: And, their technical term is 'Advanced Moving Objects' I guess, AMO as short.

Just wanted to chime in here and say that what you're doing is simply amazing. I feel like the PZ world definitely needs a bit more uninfected life to spice things up a bit and this is right up that alley. Just imagine the possibilities.. You're wandering in the woods with a Hydrocraft longbow, foraging and on the lookout for deer/bears when suddenly a boar starts charging you and mauls your legs. Or, you DO run into a bear but have to actually take it down instead of it being a scripted behavior. I am eagerly anticipating the first public release of this.

Gonna need a few days off... Suddenly woke up sick this morning, and my insides seem to violently reject their contents... I fear I might be either pregnant or turning into a zombie...... send help...

Edit: I assume these 2 events are unrelated, but here is another teaser for you guys!

14737cd844cf0488e3d02b74fad58b03.jpg7f2f9b23816768fbfd1c3c9e9dc1afa2.jpg

So you got rats in game and they can move around?

Huh i wonder why no one has tried to import new models to the game yet, either way you are amazing for making rats come alive!

Just wanted to chime in here and say that what you're doing is simply amazing. I feel like the PZ world definitely needs a bit more uninfected life to spice things up a bit and this is right up that alley. Just imagine the possibilities.. You're wandering in the woods with a Hydrocraft longbow, foraging and on the lookout for deer/bears when suddenly a boar starts charging you and mauls your legs. Or, you DO run into a bear but have to actually take it down instead of it being a scripted behavior. I am eagerly anticipating the first public release of this.

Speaking of being attacked...

s135M6s.gif

Soon.  ;)

s135M6s.gif

Soon.  ;)

Hopefully tomorrow for the testers ;)

Today's test version is send to our current testers! Have at it! :D

... oh shit... I was gonna take today off..... I knew I forgot about something >__>

anyway, here is a nice teaser:

f033998cdc9e09dad7af99ffeaceae37.jpg

s135M6s.gif

Soon.  ;)

Hopefully tomorrow for the testers ;)

Today's test version is send to our current testers! Have at it! :D

... oh shit... I was gonna take today off..... I knew I forgot about something >__>

anyway, here is a nice teaser:

f033998cdc9e09dad7af99ffeaceae37.jpg

Can i have a ratbro as a pet?

do you think it's possible to flag a rat as infected if it's wandering around dead zeds? might have eaten some of their flesh and now it's an asymptomatic carrier, so that you get zombified if you eat it raw or if it bites you (might add another reason to keep your safehouse and surrounding free from corpses)

This is actually something I'm still concidering. However, slightly different from this, but the same concept.

Animals are immune to whatever causes the zombification. However... If an animal consumes infected flesh, they become carriers untill their metabolic system has processed it and is gone from their system. Which means scavenging and preditorial animals could be dangerous, even when they're dead.

However, unless an animal very recently concumed infected flesh (aka; has infected material still in their saliva or mouth) their bite isn't dangerous... aside from, you know... hurting a lot... XD

I do want to note that most types of animals (aside from rats, seeing they take rotten/decayed flesh like a boss) only go for recently zombified/dead corpses, and otherwise stay clear from them as much as they can, unless it's not for feeding (territorial behaviour for example).

So, if this system is to be added, the danger of being infected due to animals depends on how recent they have been in contact with it, and becomes more rare over time. (aside from rats) ^__^

Thank you for your post btw, it's good feedback on knowing whether I should add this idea at some point or not. ^__^ <3

thank you for considering a simple suggestion so quickly ^^
wheter it will be added or not, i'm still hyped a.f. for this mod

on a second thought, perhaps there can be a chance for rats to carry normal disease (iirc, the game only supports a "generic illness" at the moment), so that it still punishes people who don't consider hygene too much
this way there's no reason to gamble with the zombie thing (as you said it might be irrealistic, but it may even be unfair too now that i think about it, when instead a "simple" illness can force you to change your attitude without a forced game over [though a disease in the wrong situation is still fatal as far as i know])

I've been lurking on this thread since last week, and even if I'm a pro-vanilla player until the game hits 1.0, I can't help but hope your mod will survive the AI code revamp mentioned by the devs so I can try it :)

I wish you to get involved into PZ development, be it that parts of your mod get adapted and integrated into the game or yourself taking your own role in the dev team :P

(Also, I live with 5 pet rats. Rats are awesome! I want pet rats in PZ! ^^)

I've been lurking on this thread since last week, and even if I'm a pro-vanilla player until the game hits 1.0, I can't help but hope your mod will survive the AI code revamp mentioned by the devs so I can try it :)

I wish you to get involved into PZ development, be it that parts of your mod get adapted and integrated into the game or yourself taking your own role in the dev team :P

It's always a massive compliment when pro-vanilla players show interest into your mod, and I see it as a sign that we're going the right way with this :D Thank you!

The code uses as least as possible native coding, so it won't be affected by their changes or revamps as much, if even effected at all. The only part of the native AI it uses is the "PathFindState" which is what I've worked on yesterday. And plan to slowly build the new pathfinding system in a hybrid type, where piece by piece my code takes over the work of the native pathfinder and eventually no longer depends on it or even needs it. So, I can confidently say that the AI code revamp won't effect the animals. However, if the dev's obsolete other parts of their base objects that I use, such as Lua based moving objects or the IsoGameCharacter class (the latter is used for everything right now, the zombies, the obsolete npc's, aswell as players) then I'll have a problem :P But, seeing there is no need for them to make this code obsolete or take it out, unless they want to remove modding support, I see no chance of that happening. ^__^

One thing may be an inconvenience along the way, which is the plans of the dev's to change the animation system. I have enough information on the way the code works right now regarding textures and animations, that if their change would make it impossible for me to use their new system, I'd still have ways to make my own system to make it work regardless of what form or shape their new animation system takes. ^__^

So even if things change, there won't be much that I won't be able to fix :)

Once more, thank you so much for the compliment, it really means a lot to me <3 It'd be an honour if they would even concider my code to be worthy of intigration, but I'm pretty sure that even though I'm fast at coding things, my code is way below the level of efficiency and usefulness of what they can use. But who knows, they may use it as a base for their own version, or have this mod encourage them to impliment their own version of animals and such faster, which would be something I'm eagerly looking forward to myself. ^__^

I'm planning on adding variety in the color of the rats as well, so you'll be able to find your rats in-game (provided you own different colored rats, that is). :D

Thanks for your kind words!

I'm planning on adding variety in the color of the rats as well, so you'll be able to find your rats in-game (provided you own different colored rats, that is).

That's a nice answer, but you wouldn't find wild rats with markings and colours such as mine have ^^ I'm in for any documentational help if you wish to push this further in terms of "pet rat" - but if you stick to wild rats, leave them plain agouti or grey and that will do the job.

I'm planning on adding variety in the color of the rats as well, so you'll be able to find your rats in-game (provided you own different colored rats, that is). :D

That's a nice answer, but you wouldn't find wild rats with markings and colours such as mine have ^^ I'm in for any documentation if you wish to push this further in terms of "pet rat" - but if you stick to wild rats, leave them plain agouti or grey and that will do the job.

I used to have pet rat's aswell ^__^

Spoiler warning: This may be too cute to handle!

e707a7222a1fc8fd5bb78c29a3944a80.jpg