Distribute RCON Client with Dedicated Server

Aniketos

I'm working on Bash and Powershell scripts to locally automate some administrative tasks for the Project Zomboid dedicated server using the RCON service in the interest of platform-independence. Instead of writing my own platform-independent RCON client or borrowing another, I would be like to use the one packaged with Project Zomboid proper (zombie.rcon.Main) - but as of build 33.20 the RCON client does not seem to be distributed with the dedicated server.

Would it be possible to distribute this client with the dedicated server? I think this would be a sensible decision, since the RCON client provides the most direct means to achieve programmatic server administration. If not, is it permissible for me to distribute the client along with my shell scripts? I think the Ts and Cs would allow it, but wanted to double-check.

Admittedly, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to roll my own - but It'd be cool to not reinvent the wheel. Especially if TIS is already maintaining a client that's pretty much guaranteed to remain compatible with the game ;)