DDOS attacking anyone?

Zeek

Was a nice long stretch of a couple months without the nuisance. Seems to be becoming a huge problem again. The average attacks are spanning 15-25 minutes 4-5 times a day.

Anyone else getting hit or am I just the focal point of someone's hate for banning them for cheating?

Was a nice long stretch of a couple months without the nuisance. Seems to be becoming a huge problem again. The average attacks are spanning 15-25 minutes 4-5 times a day.

Anyone else getting hit or am I just the focal point of someone's hate for banning them for cheating?

I would go with option 2 first.... so I assume you're a server admin, ^_^ I suggest checking :

• when it happens (time/date) and how long (you've got that already)
  • how many players are on the server, joining (connecting in/out) during the (time/date/how long..) interval.

with this info you could surely find out which player/ IP Address is acting out weirdly...  <_<

or maybe it is just a high number of connections from a different country, area then where your server is located?... :huh:

or, again, someone who has a rather poor connection to THE server, not a poor internet at his/her home, so the server attempts to give it more juice from its end so that the connection remains as stable as possible for that player, and this would screw up the whole server connection for everyone else?... i'm only hypothesizing here. :o

I would go with option 2 first.... so I assume you're a server admin, ^_^ I suggest checking :

• how many players are on the server, joining (connecting in/out) during the (time/date/how long..) interval.

with this info you could surely find out which player/ IP Address is acting out weirdly...  <_<

or maybe it is just a high number of connections from a different country, area then where your server is located?... :huh:

The players have nothing to do with it. It's an active attack using LOOPBACK UDP packets.  The time of the attacks seem mostly random but happens mostly around 3-5 AM and 3-5PM with random attacks throughout the day. Packets are being sent from mostly Russia and China. It's not a DOS it's a DDOS referring to thousands of addresses.

This has been seen before, since someone was scanning the server list and attacking server addresses with active players. Server usually runs with 10-20+ players these days.

Previous Discussion: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12846-ddos-attacks-on-servers/

The players have nothing to do with it. It's an active attack using LOOPBACK UDP packets.  The time of the attacks seem mostly random but happens mostly around 3-5 AM and 3-5PM with random attacks throughout the day. Packets are being sent from mostly Russia and China. It's not a DOS it's a DDOS referring to thousands of addresses.

This has been seen before, since someone was scanning the server list and attacking server addresses with active players. Server usually runs with 10-20+ players these days.

Previous Discussion: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/12846-ddos-attacks-on-servers/

:cry: I hope you find out how to counter these.... google is your BFF  :shock:

:cry: I hope you find out how to counter these.... google is your BFF  :shock:

Thanks, but this modem and my network back-end aren't equipped to handle these attacks. Only way would be to have a 3rd party  handle my traffic prior to them coming my way in order to prevent a DDOS... However, that's an expense only enterprises could afford... So, at this point I'm at the mercy of these brutal attack.. Unless someone wants to fork over $1,000+ a month LOL. 

Archived