Okay, I CANNOT figure out how to get custom maps to show up on a MP server...

bassair

Can someone please treat me like the idiot I am and give me a rundown of how to make it work?

My friend and I have a private server (several we cycle through) we share. Mods like Hydrocraft work GREAT, but I can't make it have other locations show up

for this example, I'm going to use this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=500222958 which I'm pretty fond of even though I don't THINK it has foraging working yet

What I want is to be able to spawn in Drayton if I wish, but mostly to be able to hike up there from Muldraugh if I want to

but I can't seem to make it work

I've tried adding Rebuild under Mods= in the server ini file, and I've changed my spawn regions to:

function SpawnRegions()	return {		{ name = "Muldraugh, KY", file = "media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },		{ name = "West Point, KY", file = "media/maps/West Point, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },		{ name = "Drayton Rebuild", serverfile = "media/maps/Rebuild/spawnpoints.lua" },		{ name = "Downtown", serverfile = "media/maps/Downtown/spawnpoints.lua" },	}end

but it still doesn't show up in game, or give me the option to spawn there.

So basically I'm hoping someone will break it down for me because I'm obviously missing SOMETHING, I'm just not sure... what.

I'd like to be able to have Rebuild, Downtown, Bedford etc all accessible on the same server if I can... 

here you go:

function SpawnRegions()
    return {
        { name = "Muldraugh, KY", file = "media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },
        { name = "West Point, KY", file = "media/maps/West Point, KY/spawnpoints.lua" },
        { name = "Drayton Rebuild", file = "media/maps/Rebuild/spawnpoints.lua" },
        { name = "Downtown", file = "media/maps/Downtown/spawnpoints.lua" },
    }
end

Okay, I changed serverfile to file and now the spawn points (well, the Drayton spawn points) are offered

but the map itself still doesn't spawn... I was hoping Drayton, Downtown, Bedford etc would - or could - all spawn on the same map

but right now Drayton doesn't seem to spawn at all...

I managed to get Bedford Falls to work as a spawnpoint but now I'm getting this error

whenever I choose it as a spawnpoint

LoadCellBinaryChunk: NO SUCH LOT world_46_35.lotpack
java.lang.RuntimeException: can't create player at x,y,z=14041,10729,0 because the square is null
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1474)

I managed to get Bedford Falls to work as a spawnpoint but now I'm getting this error

whenever I choose it as a spawnpoint

LoadCellBinaryChunk: NO SUCH LOT world_46_35.lotpack
java.lang.RuntimeException: can't create player at x,y,z=14041,10729,0 because the square is null
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1474)

How do we fix this?

Okay guys, I got mine to work it just took some wrangling

What I did was I opened the Bedford Falls, Rebuild, Phoenix etc mods and I went inside to media/maps/[map] and in that there are .lotpack, .lotheader and .bin files

I took those and I pasted them into both my common/ProjectZomboid's media/maps/Muldraugh, KY folder, overwriting the .lotpack, .lotheader and .bin files already there, and I copied them into my pzserver folder's media/maps/Muldraugh, KY folder too (overwriting, again)

My friend also did this in her Muldraugh folder and when we booted the server it all worked! (Except Rebuild, idk why)

I also combined the objects.lua files into one objects.lua file, for foraging, but I haven't tested to see if that works

If you do this: DO NOT FORGET TO BACK UP YOUR MAPS FOLDER BEFORE YOU OVERWRITE *ANYTHING*. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU

I wish there was an easier way of doing this, though, and I haven't tested whether my friend (or I) could connect to the server by using the BedfordFalls mod on client and just overwriting the server files, I'll have to do some experimentation.

I hope this helps you guys! Especially you, 2Girls1Chuck, it sounds like this might solve your issue maybe.