Plan to make a really big map.

GarboJunkie

I am serious about this. If someone can provide me with tutorials on how to make a really really large map. I will take the time to make it for you guys. 100% legit.

I plan to make huge cities, countrysides, etc. The map plans for obvious reasons have not been made yet because I need to learn how to make really large maps.

Thanks.

Good luck to you!  I don't know how to it so I cannot help directly, but I do have a suggestion: take a page from the Drayton map and make the world look lived-in, like people have tried to survive the apocalypse here... and failed.  Signs of battle, messed up buildings and rooms, that kind of thing.  :)

Good luck to you!  I don't know how to it so I cannot help directly, but I do have a suggestion: take a page from the Drayton map and make the world look lived-in, like people have tried to survive the apocalypse here... and failed.  Signs of battle, messed up buildings and rooms, that kind of thing.   :)

Making a big city with that amount of decoration would be overkill for people's computers. Drayton is laggy enough as it is for lower-end PCs.

Might I just say that this map I plan on making will not be taking lower end PC's into account. This game map will be for big and beafy PC's. Big cities, huge farm estates, countryside, prison complexes, asylums, colleges etc.

Thank you EUDOXIO. I will look into that video and see if it helps me :)

Might I just say that this map I plan on making will not be taking lower end PC's into account. This game map will be for big and beafy PC's. Big cities, huge farm estates, countryside, prison complexes, asylums, colleges etc.

Are you planning on doing this by yourself? I was thinking about making a walking dead map, With all of the locations but I would be stupid to take that on alone.

This game map will be for big and beafy PC's. Big cities, huge farm estates, countryside, prison complexes, asylums, colleges etc.

laugh.png

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but that's what I originally wanted to do. Big city, metro tracks etc. then in the end I made a small city with somewhat big buildings because it got tedious. Unless you have a hell of a willpower and time/patience, your project wont ever be made.

This game map will be for big and beafy PC's. Big cities, huge farm estates, countryside, prison complexes, asylums, colleges etc.

laugh.png

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but that's what I originally wanted to do. Big city, metro tracks etc. then in the end I made a small city with somewhat big buildings because it got tedious. Unless you have a hell of a willpower and time/patience, your project wont ever be made.

Good thing I have time on my hands. 

Are you planning on doing this by yourself? I was thinking about making a walking dead map, With all of the locations but I would be stupid to take that on alone.

Yeah but as the project grows I might bring more people into it. I can go for a walking dead remake. I made it on minecraft before so I have the data from maps that I need.

laugh.png

Yeah but as the project grows I might bring more people into it. I can go for a walking dead remake. I made it on minecraft before so I have the data from maps that I need.

How experienced are you with the mapping tools? It's clear a lot of people would love a walking dead map with all of the locations and if you are up for it I could help you make a map.

laugh.png

How experienced are you with the mapping tools? It's clear a lot of people would love a walking dead map with all of the locations and if you are up for it I could help you make a map.

Well i spent a few hours on the tutorials and I have a good grasp on it now. Just a matter of deciding how to go about building it as in real life the show didnt film in the same locations. The locations are all in different places.