... game files dont match the server's

Sh1zn3t

Hi again!

Just bought a server from Vilayer, works great and very easy to manage!

However, I can only join the server while loggin in as admin. If me and my friend try without

an admin login, we get the "You have been kicked because your game files dont match the server's".

Any ideas to why this happens?

I did a full server restart from scratch and we both uninstalled/installed the game. No go.

:/

its a fault by provider.  please contact the support and tell:

clean install of the serverfiles with AppID=380870 and Steam-Anonymous login.

(previous installation with AppID=108600, must be completly removed)

why i know this?

here a screenshot from your other post, look at the red marked folders.

these folder are not part of the gameserver files . Only client files contains this folders.

post-17183-0-71383600-1443658122_thumb.p

the right server structure have to look like this:

post-17183-0-06829200-1443659386_thumb.p

nightmare, where can i find that "appID"? I want to see if maybe i have the exact same problem. I also rented a server from vilayer and im quite confused as to how their files work. I cant find the server folder (containing the zomboid/mods/etc.. path) nor any bat or exe files.

nightmare, where can i find that "appID"?

in "/steamapps/appmanifest_{ID-NUMBER}.acf"

I cant find the server folder (containing the zomboid/mods/etc.. path) nor any bat or exe files.

these folder will created on first start. or was maybe renamed  by your providers setup.

providers hides the .bat /.exe   to prevent manipulations

Make sure all the things, server and mods are at the same version. Also make sure you are not using a preious character, or remove the number at the ServerPlayerID= line thats into servertest.ini

Also all the server config files are at the folder "Data" (use the file manager or the ftp) so inside there must be db, mods, multiplayer, logs and server folders.

Theres a button on the control panel also, for changing the config files from there.

I know and I dont care.

Vilayer wont answer any tickets so it will have to do for now!

this is unacceptable, why pay for such bad service? change the provider.

( larger the provider, the worse the service! )

I just changed from Gameservers.com to Vilayer.. Vilayer's support is just as bad as Gameservers, but its alot easier to manage the config of the server etc. But yeah, unacceptable indeed.

nightmare, where can i find that "appID"?

in "/steamapps/appmanifest_{ID-NUMBER}.acf"

I cant find the server folder (containing the zomboid/mods/etc.. path) nor any bat or exe files.

these folder will created on first start. or was maybe renamed  by your providers setup.

providers hides the .bat /.exe   to prevent manipulations

Thank you, Nightmare

When ive contact them it takes between 24/48h normaly to answer the tickets, but every trouble that i had they have fixed it. So even if its a little slow on that, its the best provider ive found in quality/price.

Yeah, I'm really happy with the server setup and all so I dont really mind the wait!