Farming Mod Art

Themo

Making some art for a project, thought i would share in case it is helpful for others. Hope this is right forum section. I give anybody permission to use them for any Project Zomboid mod.

From top left to bottom right (after planter box and filled planter box)...

Apple, Avocado, Banana, Bell Pepper, Blackberry, Blueberry, Broccoli, Cucumber, Cabbage, Carrot, Cherry, Chinese Cabbage, Corn, Cotton, Coffee, Eggplant, Garlic, Grape, Green Onion, Hemp, Jute, Lemon, Leek, Lettuce, Lime, Orange, Onion, Pear, Peach, Pumpkin, Peanut, Pea, Pineapple, Potato, Poppy, Radish, Rubber, Strawberry, Sunflower, Sweet Potato, Tea, Tomato, Watermelon, Zucchini  

r2oinl.png

Lotus, Papyrus, Watercress, Taro, Water Hawthorn, Eel Grass, Lepironia, Sweet Flag, Aloe, Bamboo, Barberry, Basil, Bean, Belladonna, Celery, Cashew, Chamomile, Clove, Date Palm, Elderberry, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Henna, Kava, Lavender, Mango, Maple, Mandrake, Mescal, Mint, Okra, Pepper (chili), Papaya, Passion-fruit, Peyote, Rice, Rosemary, Sage, Spinach, Sugarcane, Thyme, Turmeric, Valerian, Wheat-grass.

14uw4x.png

6r35lz.jpg

2u53soy.png

Also made these non farming related objects.

j759h1.png

And just to make sure you drew all these or did you get the plant art from other sources and just edit them together?

I made them all myself except for the Jute which is from your mod (Sorry! i wasn't going to do that one originally but added it in case you wanted to use my set and needed it).Forgot about that, hope it is not a hanging offense *hides*

Edit: i can redo that one tomorrow to be safe.

I am working on sets of Fruit/Sliced Fruit/Seed for them at the moment, fresh and rotten. I know some already exist but i want to do a full set. Also i have no idea how to extract the games default icons and models... i found some textures by googling and made some wall textures, but where do i find the crates and stairs etc? i would like to use them as a template for the size of my crafting benches and stoves/refrigerators. 

@Hydromancerx

For the ones i do not draw pixel by pixel, first i start with a stock image of a dead bonsai tree (or a drawing i did much larger than the finished product).

ws7fvk.png

Then i try to remove as much background as i can with the wand and eraser brush (pain in the butt). I then add a green filter to the image and paste my planter box image over to the side (it's tiny so i pointed at it with arrows).

2q010mr.png

Then i grab a stock image of some leaves.

rhiuti.png

And cut paste blobs of the leaves in the shape i want onto the bonsai image.

282m1l0.png

Then i zoom right in on my planter box and cut paste the tree into a box about twice the size, place it into the planter box and clean up the image. Sometimes adding highlights, shadows or fruit. 

fblto4.png

If after all that my image is in breach of some kind of copyright i would be shocked and outraged ^.^

Feel free to try this, you can make some really nice images when working with organic images like trees.

These look good, but my jute plant is not the only one that's been copied over here I see 5 so fat that are from hydro (including my jute I gave him). Also, id think about drawing sprites by hand from now on to not result in a copyright issue. Taking images from google and doctoring them up a bit is technically still a breach of copyright, if a mod were to use the art they could be taken down as an infringement against that :\

These look good, but my jute plant is not the only one that's been copied over here I see 5 so fat that are from hydro (including my jute I gave him). Also, id think about drawing sprites by hand from now on to not result in a copyright issue. Taking images from google and doctoring them up a bit is technically still a breach of copyright, if a mod were to use the art they could be taken down as an infringement against that :\

could you please list which ones so i can replace them? i was originally just putting the hydrocraft potted plants in the planter boxes specifically for that mod,i thought i replaced them all except for the jute >.<  Transformative work from stock images is fine for non commercial use as long as you do more than a filter and a tilt. I bought a ton of stock image packs a long time ago for forest and jungles for a board game i was working on but am a bit short on fruits and vegetables (lucky that is one theme there is no shortage of free images for). I prefer to draw images myself but edited stock images to speed up the plants and harvest materials so i can go back to making my fantasy furniture set.

EDIT: nevermind i went back through paintshop saves, i replaced: Jute, Pea, Blackberry. Apologies.

Hmm I don't know enough copyrights if they are ok to use or not. :/

Of coarse they are.. and you are already using images created with this method but with less alterations. In fact the base game uses images created in this way. Only difference is i told people how to do it. 

With the Copyright its a little bit tricky (and i belive that different countrys have different laws) the last thing i know was if you take a piece from another picture you can use this if the result have another context then the original. Like a ... political collage.

On the safe side you are only with selfmade textures (or you take only Pictures made by animals :D ). But when the original is free i see no problems.