any multiplayer FAQs on strategy?

DreadLordNaf

I've messed around a little with MP but was trying to find out some info on how certain game elements are in MP.  Right now all the FAQs i see are mainly about the technicalities of how to setup a server vs FAQs on how certain game concepts work in MP.

Does one exist?  If not I'll kick it off with a few questions that came to mind that maybe others know the answer to:

-If safehouses/claiming is not enabled does that mean anyone can come up to your place and start knocking down all the planks you have boarding up your place or walls?

-What is the usual strat when claiming is not available?  Just go permanent nomad and pray that no one steals everything when you log off?

-When it is enabled does the safehouse/claiming feature work only on existing game structures, like houses, or what about some fort you construct entirely out of nothing in the forest?

-Are there other ways to secure your stuff in MP games like making locks or something? 

-What happens to your claimed safehouse when you die?

-Is it pretty much suicide to try MP games without having the lucky trait to increase loot rarity?

-If a char with lucky/unlucky touches an area, is all the loot in that area forever blessed or cursed with lucky or unlucky until respawn?

-If a player dies with gear, does their body and the gear on it stay forever until someone gets it? Or does it decay?

-Anyone know how rare loot respawn works?  Given enough time and respawns does that mean everyone eventually has axes and saws etc?  Or do those decay or go away when the person dies?

Thanks.

Im not 100% sure of all but i think i can offer some answers :)

-What is the usual strat when claiming is not available?  Just go permanent nomad and pray that no one steals everything when you log off?

You can also search for allies.

-When it is enabled does the safehouse/claiming feature work only on existing game structures, like houses, or what about some fort you construct entirely out of nothing in the forest?

Only works in game structures.

-Are there other ways to secure your stuff in MP games like making locks or something? 

You can make locks, yes.

-Is it pretty much suicide to try MP games without having the lucky trait to increase loot rarity?

That maybe depend on the server settings, but you can find things.

-If a char with lucky/unlucky touches an area, is all the loot in that area forever blessed or cursed with lucky or unlucky until respawn?

I think the "bless/curse" happens when you loot a single container, not an area.

-If a player dies with gear, does their body and the gear on it stay forever until someone gets it? Or does it decay?

The zed of the player wanders the server with the loot that had when it turned.

- Lvl up carp, and go build in the woods is by far the safest. Never base in existing buildings, at least when there are no safehouses. If you know where to build, you can have a very secure base.

- There are locks, but they are close to useless since anyone with an axe can destroy any crate or door. So base in the forest.

- Not at all. Probably depends on which server, but i play with unlucky.

Archived