InSayne Companionship - An NPC companion.

MisterInSayne

Might already know about this, but for the sake of brevity:

One way to get the IsoSurvivor is use the Lua hooks provided, then just check that they're an instannceof IsoSurvivor instead of IsoZombie (if applicable).

These are

OnCreateLivingCharacter	OnCreateSurvivor	OnAIStateExecute	OnAIStateEnter	OnAIStateExit
Have fun. Unexplored territory for most part. ;-)

which you've surmounted gives the impression that TIS should be much faster, after all, a modder could do it . . .

I haven't coded in lua before 3-4 days ago, nor ever layed eyes on the javadoc's. And coded a functional object movement mod in 1 day. I started coding mods for PZ because I am under the impression it could be done much faster. Better yet, I know I can do quite a lot of things much faster... As 'a modder' without having the source code. The thing is, I also know that they'll need their NPC's to be more than just companions or guards etc. My position as a modder grants me the ability to make things functional, working and satisfying to some or most people, and have no obligation to those who don't want to download or use the mod, where TIS does.

I want to make it clear, I'm not posting this with ill intent or negative feelings behind it! I love TIS and all they do, they're amazing, and I adore their game. I have nothing but respect for them.

The thing is, I don't mind doing effort for the things I love, and I love PZ. I'm not doing this out of spite, I'm doing this because I think PZ could be so much more. And I have the means to do so.

I'll remove the part where I mention other people claiming it as an impossible thing, I'm not here to do harm, but to add to what's already there. <3

Might already know about this, but for the sake of brevity:

One way to get the IsoSurvivor is use the Lua hooks provided, then just check that they're an instannceof IsoSurvivor instead of IsoZombie (if applicable).

These are

OnCreateLivingCharacter	OnCreateSurvivor	OnAIStateExecute	OnAIStateEnter	OnAIStateExit
Have fun. Unexplored territory for most part. ;-)

Ah yes, I currently use this as a reference sheet; http://pz-mods.net/guide/event-reference/ thank you for the advice however :D

Edit: I went through the code from Extended Building Options, and there is no functional fridge.

Edited by MisterInSayne

i don't see why the devs don't just roll build 33 out with the npc component as is-live.

Just have them as an option in sandbox.

We wouldn't care if they were buggy very much. 

I mean, it IS a testing branch, bugs are to be expected, and fixed as we go on.

Don't even start that here! >__>

You are literally adding them in Yourself XD

Wouldn't it be rad to get a taste of the real thing?

I'm not starting an argument in the slightest.

IT HAS BEGUN!  :-D

This only heralds the dawn of what early access modded games do. When a feature is modded in, in less than 6 months the devs scramble to get their version done lol. Happens every time.

Minecraft and pre-redstone electric mods for example.

When these mods came out mojang saw the interest in them and quickly pumped out their own version.

You are literally adding them in Yourself XD

Wouldn't it be rad to get a taste of the real thing?

I'm not starting an argument in the slightest.

Not relevant to his topic in anything other than the shallowest sense. Take it elsewhere (though even if you do, it'll just be us reiterating the same points made for over two years, with the resulting answer being "No, it isn't happening. Sorry, we'll all just have to wait until they're ready for their debut.").

Warning points will follow for those that do not heed this post.

Maybe like you got so lonely you had to code your own friends?

Offtopic
also the mod looks super duper coolsville and i hope that it goes well

Hahahaha, it's actually from the request posted by a lonely lady ;) And thank you <3

I usually look at a mod and say "Oh, that's cool!  What a neat idea."

I looked at this one and said "Holy f***ing s**t this is the greatest f***ing thing ever."

Thank you so much! <3 It'll take a while to get it all set up though. But all of the excitement for it is a great motivation! :D

Could you make a mod that enables you to lock all windows and be able to lock doors and unlock doors from the inside of them, regardless if you have the key?

Sorry if it sounds demanding, i'm just never gonna get anywhere asking the devs to do it, at least not anytime soon.

Anyways,

Will these npcs be effected by bites and zombificaiton?

wxtirKR.pngModerator Warning

You literally just got told a few posts up to stop posting off topic. Posting requests in mod threads is rude and off topic.

Could you make a mod that enables you to lock all windows and be able to lock doors and unlock doors from the inside of them, regardless if you have the key?

Sorry if it sounds demanding, i'm just never gonna get anywhere asking the devs to do it, at least not anytime soon.

There is a forum for this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/55-mod-ideas-and-requests/

Sorry for the directness and no answer to your question, but I'd like to keep it on topic as much as possible. Whenever I find time for another project on the side the ideas and request forum is where I go and look for ideas. I'm just the one guy, I can only do so much at once. :) I do like your enthusiasm for my modding skills! But this is not the place for unrelated requests ;)

Maybe like you got so lonely you had to code your own friends?

Offtopic
also the mod looks super duper coolsville and i hope that it goes well

Hahahaha, it's actually from the request posted by a lonely lady ;) And thank you <3

I usually look at a mod and say "Oh, that's cool!  What a neat idea."

I looked at this one and said "Holy f***ing s**t this is the greatest f***ing thing ever."

Thank you so much! <3 It'll take a while to get it all set up though. But all of the excitement for it is a great motivation! :D

So first off, I don't even know where to begin! XD Soo:

1. I love you

2. I STILL love you

3. .... NAH STILL LOVE YOU!! XD

I was reading all of the comments, and I'm so happy to see all the support you're getting from the rest of the family here on the forums :)!! And all the work you're doing, -inhales oxygen- THANK YOUUUU!!!!!!~~<3 <3 <3 :D!! You're literally doing SO MUCH, the PZ community I'm SURE will thank you 100million x's over! This is a huge step in helping the game we love, grow!

"I'm not doing this out of spite, I'm doing this because I think PZ could be so much more" / / You're so right, and I support you 100%

In no way do I think you're doing this to make TIS seem like they're doing no work towards npc's, like Enigma seemed to suggest (I re-read what was written just to make sure, and sorry it sounded that way to me >.<), In fact, this seems to be a great way to see how the rest of the community will react, positive or negative, this IS a MOD after all, and will/should be treated as such by the community! But I'm almost certain that this mod will be viewed positively!

Again, thank you for all of your hard-work, and even considering a mod suggestion like mine :) I can't wait to see your amazing work, and if you need a tester, BINGO I'm here!! :D Anything at all I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know, even though I don't know junk about modding, I don't mind being a Guinea pig xD

Your sister, DemonXelo <3

1. I love you

2. I STILL love you

I was reading all of the comments, and I'm so happy to see all the support you're getting from the rest of the family here on the forums :)!! And all the work you're doing, -inhales oxygen- THANK YOUUUU!!!!!!~~<3 <3 <3 :D!! You're literally doing SO MUCH, the PZ community I'm SURE will thank you 100million x's over! This is a huge step in helping the game we love, grow!

"I'm not doing this out of spite, I'm doing this because I think PZ could be so much more" / / You're so right, and I support you 100%

In no way do I think you're doing this to make TIS seem like they're doing no work towards npc's, like Enigma seemed to suggest (I re-read what was written just to make sure, and sorry it sounded that way to me >.<), In fact, this seems to be a great way to see how the rest of the community will react, positive or negative, this IS a MOD after all, and will/should be treated as such by the community! But I'm almost certain that this mod will be viewed positively!

Again, thank you for all of your hard-work, and even considering a mod suggestion like mine :) I can't wait to see your amazing work, and if you need a tester, BINGO I'm here!! :D Anything at all I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know, even though I don't know junk about modding, I don't mind being a Guinea pig xD

:D <3

Just remember, it could take a while, but at least it's on it's way! We'll have a sitdown at some point when the base coding is done, and run through everything you'd like your personal compannion to do ^__^

1. I love you

2. I STILL love you

:D <3

Just remember, it could take a while, but at least it's on it's way! We'll have a sitdown at some point when the base coding is done, and run through everything you'd like your personal compannion to do ^__^

(reached like limit for the day lol can't like the comment yet (~o3o)~ But sounds great! And Never worry about a time limit! XD Take all the time you need! ^_^ And okay, just let me know! :D

This looks great! :) Something that eases the pains of people waiting for the official NPCs would be wonderful wish you the best of luck with it!

Amazing!!

*____* -fangirls-

*cough cough* I mean, thank you! It means a lot to me! I'm still doing a lot of testing at the moment, and trying to find out how the save and load system works. I'm currently using a metatable overlay that stores the npc's, and loads them back in once their square is a loaded cell again. The rest I understand, it's just the actual saving of the npc once the player exits the game I need to figure out...

I really hope it does, I know it won't be anything as good as the real thing, but it'll be a start, and hopefully satisfying to those who are impatient, or at least something to keep them from continuously requesting them. :)

Again thank you <3 It means a lot to get noticed by you guys <3

The saving mechanics are set up, thanks to the amazing advice of blindcoder to use bcUtils ini saving and loading system. <3

I've also wasted a lot of time on finding how things works and how things are linked :P I have to say, there are so many fun functions in the codes, which I had fun fooling around with, without actually needing them.... I'm such a professional! :D But at least the npc's will actually load and save now... which, to me, seems like quite an important thing right?