Testable: The inSayne Project - Movable Fridges and Ovens

MisterInSayne

I would also like to report some issues:

I can only place fridges rotated on one axis, placing stoves and leaving the area can cause the stove to disappear. Also, why trying to immediately pick a stove up just placed, I get a stove in my inventory but there is still a stove graphic left on the tile which isn't really there (no collision) and I can repeatedly pick it up. Trying to place it again results in errors in the log and no stove placed but it is removed from the inventory.

Great mod though, coming along juuuuuust fine. :)

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------Callframe at: subfunction: perform -- file: InPickUpObjectAction.lua line # 52bugged action, cleared queuejava.lang.RuntimeException: missing argument #1to 'sub'        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.getArg(KahluaUtil.java:389)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.getStringArg(KahluaUtil.java:339)        at se.krka.kahlua.stdlib.StringLib.getStringArg(StringLib.java:680)        at se.krka.kahlua.stdlib.StringLib.sub(StringLib.java:773)        at se.krka.kahlua.stdlib.StringLib.call(StringLib.java:118)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:72)        at zombie.characters.CharacterTimedActions.LuaTimedActionNew.perform(LuaTimedActionNew.java:74)        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:8667)        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2708)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1336)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5164)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2354)        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1216)        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:636)        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1187)        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:991)        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:168)

I can only place fridges rotated on one axis, placing stoves and leaving the area can cause the stove to disappear. Also, why trying to immediately pick a stove up just placed, I get a stove in my inventory but there is still a stove graphic left on the tile which isn't really there (no collision) and I can repeatedly pick it up. Trying to place it again results in errors in the log and no stove placed but it is removed from the inventory.

-----------------------------------------STACK TRACE-----------------------------------------Callframe at: subfunction: perform -- file: InPickUpObjectAction.lua line # 52bugged action, cleared queuejava.lang.RuntimeException: missing argument #1to 'sub'        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.getArg(KahluaUtil.java:389)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.getStringArg(KahluaUtil.java:339)        at se.krka.kahlua.stdlib.StringLib.getStringArg(StringLib.java:680)        at se.krka.kahlua.stdlib.StringLib.sub(StringLib.java:773)        at se.krka.kahlua.stdlib.StringLib.call(StringLib.java:118)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.callJava(KahluaThread.java:182)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:983)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)        at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)        at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:72)        at zombie.characters.CharacterTimedActions.LuaTimedActionNew.perform(LuaTimedActionNew.java:74)        at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:8667)        at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2708)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1336)        at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5164)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2354)        at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1216)        at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)        at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:636)        at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1187)        at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:991)        at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:168)

Awesome! There are bug reports I love! <3 I'm going to try and see what I can do to fix it later today. I don't have much time today however. Again, thank you for the very descriptive bug report! :D

i ran into a couple problems with the mod so far, as i placed a fridge, micro and toaster/bbq I still have all 3 in my inventory and cant drop them or get rid of them :\ but i exited the game and ill start it back up and check if there out of my bag i placed them in or not, cause i placed them from the bag onto the ground, not sure if i wasn't supposed to do that or not lol :P,also i noticed that the "r" button has been acting buggy since placing them down, i cant rotate the vanilla walls now using r, i have to use the mouse instead, not a big problem but i figured id let ya know! still a great mod, lets just get these kinks worked out and get those movable bbq's :D

All fixed!

- Fixed rotation glitch.

- Fixed Stoves and Microwaves sprite bug.

- Fixed Stoves having no collision.

- Added Barbecues.

- Fixed having multiple of the objects in your inventory not working.

- Lots of other fixes and things.

i ran into a couple problems with the mod so far, as i placed a fridge, micro and toaster/bbq I still have all 3 in my inventory and cant drop them or get rid of them :\ but i exited the game and ill start it back up and check if there out of my bag i placed them in or not, cause i placed them from the bag onto the ground, not sure if i wasn't supposed to do that or not lol :P,also i noticed that the "r" button has been acting buggy since placing them down, i cant rotate the vanilla walls now using r, i have to use the mouse instead, not a big problem but i figured id let ya know! still a great mod, lets just get these kinks worked out and get those movable bbq's :D

All fixed!

- Fixed rotation glitch.

- Fixed Stoves and Microwaves sprite bug.

- Fixed Stoves having no collision.

- Added Barbecues.

- Fixed having multiple of the objects in your inventory not working.

- Lots of other fixes and things.

excellent! love the quick fixes! will start testing now :)

alrighty,been playing for a bit now just messing with fridges and once with an oven (still need to try out the microwaves, toasters and bbqs in a bit), everything been great so far(picking thinks up, placing into bags and what not), other than one kinda poopy bug, I cant seem to fridges and ovens against walls, they become red, so i destroyed a wall and then I was able to place it there. so after I placed it I tried to build back the wall behind it and it wouldn't let me, thought you should know! ill test out the other items tonight as well :)

alrighty,been playing for a bit now just messing with fridges and once with an oven (still need to try out the microwaves, toasters and bbqs in a bit), everything been great so far(picking thinks up, placing into bags and what not), other than one kinda poopy bug, I cant seem to fridges and ovens against walls, they become red, so i destroyed a wall and then I was able to place it there. so after I placed it I tried to build back the wall behind it and it wouldn't let me, thought you should know! ill test out the other items tonight as well :)

Awesome find with the wall thing! I'll have a double check, I can't remember having that issue. I take it these are 'wooden player build' walls? and more assiming, you're trying to place them on the SE, SW sides? I'll start testing lateron today ^__^

Awesome find with the wall thing! I'll have a double check, I can't remember having that issue. I take it these are 'wooden player build' walls? and more assiming, you're trying to place them on the SE, SW sides? I'll start testing lateron today ^__^

Not player made walls but walls already in the map, but I did try both built walls and in-map walls, also if posts are placed in the same square you cannot place them down either (which I know should work). but I tried placing them on the NE and N walls (the two where you can see the fridge door) same with the ovens as well! If you want you can add me on steam and look at my PZ screenshots cause I have pictures on there that shows the bugs in-game :)

EDIT! : Okay I messed up, It WILL let me place it against the northern walls! BUT i cannot place them on the west wall nor in a Northwest corner of a room or south west corner. now I am able to place it on every other wall though, so I had to exited out right away to let ya know haha

This pops up on my console after picking up a mini fridge and then trying to place it.

STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
function: onPlaceObject -- file: InPlaceObjectOverwriteMenu.lua line # 35
function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 82
java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: sprite of non-table: null
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:473)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:881)
at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1067)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:589)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1187)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:991)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:168)
STACK TRACE
-------------------------------------------------------------
attempted index: sprite of non-table: null

I use IWBUMS (which I didn't and now I have a fridge I can't drop stuck in my inventory) 32.30. The previous version of the mod worked fine until I update to the latest version.

EDIT: I moved from the spot where I grabbed the fridge and I was able to drag/drop it. But if I click on 'Place Fricken Heavy Fridge', I get that error.

This pops up on my console after picking up a mini fridge and then trying to place it.

STACK TRACE
java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: sprite of non-table: null
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1549)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:473)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:881)
at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1067)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:589)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1187)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:991)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:168)
STACK TRACE
-------------------------------------------------------------
attempted index: sprite of non-table: null

I use IWBUMS (which I didn't and now I have a fridge I can't drop stuck in my inventory) 32.30. The previous version of the mod worked fine until I update to the latest version.

EDIT: I moved from the spot where I grabbed the fridge and I was able to drag/drop it. But if I click on 'Place Fricken Heavy Fridge', I get that error.

Oh! Woops, must've left some junk code in the item menu when I copied it from the world menu D: I take total blame for that!

Edit: Woooooopsies! XD I forgot to "return sprite;" on my "getSprite()"... hahahaha, Good job me!

Edit2: Fixed and uploaded <3

Edit3: more fixes done <3

Edited by MisterInSayne

If this guy isn't immediately hired as the next modder-turned-developer, I'm going to secretly sponsor a riot.

Seriously, how much potential can you have? Love your stuff :) Literally the next Romain/Turbo/Robomat right here. 

<3 That's one massively honoring compliment! Thank you <3

If this guy isn't immediately hired as the next modder-turned-developer, I'm going to secretly sponsor a riot.

Seriously, how much potential can you have? Love your stuff :) Literally the next Romain/Turbo/Robomat right here. 

hey :) heres a 2 minute video I've recorded of gamepad issues with the mod.... thanks ! :) awesome mod !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7eo2-Df-VOpX0dHdi1PX01kVFU/view?usp=sharing

hey :) heres a 2 minute video I've recorded of gamepad issues with the mod.... thanks ! :) awesome mod !

That is a looot of coding errors happening on the right bottom corner! What mods do you have on? just this mod or are there any other on aswell?

The game pad uses a different system than mouse targeting it seems! I'll take a look at it, this would mean the NPC mod and the Electric Lamp Poles should have the same issues. Thank you soo much for this footage! You have no idea how much easier that makes my job on fixing it, and understanding the problem! Seriously, thank you!! :D

Edit: Oh! If possible, can you send me your C:/Users/<your windows username>/Zomboid/console.txt after trying a bit of the moving them around? ^__^ And again, thank you for the feedback on this bug so far <3

Edit 2: So far I found out one of the problems was that game pads can't pick up fridges, the other objects it has no problems with as long as you're close to them.

Edited by MisterInSayne

Fixed <3

That is a looot of coding errors happening on the right bottom corner! What mods do you have on? just this mod or are there any other on aswell?

The game pad uses a different system than mouse targeting it seems! I'll take a look at it, this would mean the NPC mod and the Electric Lamp Poles should have the same issues. Thank you soo much for this footage! You have no idea how much easier that makes my job on fixing it, and understanding the problem! Seriously, thank you!! :D

Edit: Oh! If possible, can you send me your C:/Users/<your windows username>/Zomboid/console.txt after trying a bit of the moving them around? ^__^ And again, thank you for the feedback on this bug so far <3

Edit 2: So far I found out one of the problems was that game pads can't pick up fridges, the other objects it has no problems with as long as you're close to them.

1. Hydrocraft
  2. Trait Reactivator
  3. Let Me Speak
  4. Open Cans With Knives or Fork
  5. More Zombie Loot
  6. Movable Working Furniture
  7. Phoenix Map (only activated when needed)
  8. Cheat Menu (activated if: so i can heal if glitch/bug bit/dead, not if i'm bit/dead in a legit way, or run up a staircase to fall on the other side because map creator forgot the flooring :twisted:  :cry: )

hmmm... ill video log any other bugs when i play... one, maybe, bug is if you place the fridge/or stove outside or inside windows the zedz just walk right through em same for if you place fridge/stove at the top of the stairs.. :-(  but not if you place them at the bottom of stairs, or in/out of doors.. :) .i like being able to use them as unbreakable barricades ! :) makes the game a lot more realistic. thanks!  (clyde)  :mrgreen:

edit: my friend figured the ultimate zombie barricade.... :ph34r: place them in your pockets :excl:  

(like with the fridges and stoves)

when they come at you mwuahahah  ^_^

Seems like there's an issue for the download.....seems to say it doesn't exist when I click download on PZ-mods

Was just wondering why the download link doesn't seem to be working, sounds like an awesome mod...

They're updating their website, I've reuploaded it, and should work again! <3 Thank you for letting me know ^__^

some basic trials and brief overview explanation for those of you visuals out there :) ...

I fricking love it! I did indeed code the grills/bbq's to only work outside ;) <3 The windows are a PZ native pathfinding bug, which for now would be more effort than it's worth to fix :( So, let's file it under 'balancing' choices for now :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I reallly love your mod. This mod helped me a lot to make my safe house better.

While playing pz with your mod, I just found little bug to tell you.

post-26007-0-83088200-1445792308_thumb.p

I tried to move this black stove to my safe house but didnt work well.

picking up part is good but when I try to place it to the point that I want, the stove become invisible.

It will be nice if you could fix it. I want to fix it by myself but I have no idea about how..

sorry for bad english and thanks again for making nice mod

Hi. I reallly love your mod. This mod helped me a lot to make my safe house better.

attachicon.gifstove.png

picking up part is good but when I try to place it to the point that I want, the stove become invisible.

It will be nice if you could fix it. I want to fix it by myself but I have no idea about how..

try rotating it with R, it might be that it doesn't have sprites for 2 of it's sides. :o Let me know if it works.

attachicon.gifstove.png

try rotating it with R, it might be that it doesn't have sprites for 2 of it's sides. :o Let me know if it works.

Wow that worked! exactly as you told me, that stove has only 2 sprites.. thanks a lot  :D

How does this work with regards to electricity? If you move a refrigerator/oven to a player-constructed house, will it cease to function immediately, once the power goes out, or not at all?

goes out when the power goes out, whether in a premade, player made, or middle of nowhere. as long as it is placed and there is power, it functions