Testable: The inSayne Project - Movable Fridges and Ovens

MisterInSayne

It's finally here! Relocating fridges, microwaves, stoves and barbecues! This project will make player build houses a lot more usefull, and planned to add a lot of new stuff and functionality to the game.

2015_09_26_00001.jpg 2015_09_26_00003.jpg2015_09_26_00004.jpg 2015_09_26_00005.jpg 2015_09_26_00006.jpg 2015_09_26_00007.jpg

This will be part of a bigger project mod, which won't just be fridges, but also microwaves, lights, electronics, etc.

Download:

Understand this is still in testing, I know that some sprites (such as vending machines) won't be set proper, but will have no damaging effects. The mod is tested and fully working with Hydrocraft and my other mods, however I do not know if there are any mods that might cause compatibility issues.

This mod does not damage excisting saves, and no restart is needed, however, seeing the mod manipulates the game world directly I still recommend backing up your save!

Please inform me of any bugs or problems, by downloading this you are a tester for this mod, and understand that it is for testing purposes right now.

Download Link: http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/TheinSayneProject/

Features so far:

- Able to pick up fridges, no need to empty them they keep their inventory!

- Place it back as a workable fridge, stove or whatever anywhere else in the world, with the same sprite as before, and keeping it's inventory.

- Can be placed just like you would place a wall, rain barrel. Either by right clicking the item in your inventory, or anywhere in the game!.

- Now also works for Microwaves, Ovens and Barbecues!

- Works on multiplayer!!

Video tutorial by KorruptkSwades:

Changelog:

Changelog

- Fixed some objects not being able to be picked up using a joypad.
- Fixed objects not being able to be placed when using a joypad.

- Fixed being able to continue to pick up fridges even when overencumbered.
- Fixed not being able to place objects at some places for some reason.

- Fixed a dumb mistake I made.

- Fixed rotation glitch.
- Fixed Stoves and Microwaves sprite bug.
- Added Barbecues.
- Fixed having multiple of the objects in your inventory not working.
- Lots of other fixes and things.
- Fixed a duplication bug.
- Added intigration with Ovens and Microwaves.
- I've restricted Microwaves to only be placed on Counters for now.

Permission: For now it's ask for permission only. If I go AWOL however, the code is free for all!

MODS_03.png

I would love some feedback on the idea, and any other suggestions and ideas are more than welcome! <3 And feel free to ask me any question you may have!

Edited by MisterInSayne

Ah yes, so many people have tried this before me, and so far none have succeeded (to my knowledge)... I've only started my first mod 2-3 days ago, so I don't have much of a name here yet. This is why I didn't open this post empty handed... I'm 90% done with the code, and have some pretty pictures to proof it.

2015_09_26_00001.jpg 2015_09_26_00002.jpg2015_09_26_00003.jpg2015_09_26_00004.jpg

This will be part of a bigger project mod, which won't just be fridges, but also microwaves, lights, electronics, etc.

Placing the item will ofcourse work just the same as the carpentry building visual placement.

I would love some feedback on the idea, and any other suggestions and ideas are more than welcome! <3 And feel free to ask me any question you may have!

frickin heavy fridge xD ! nice job !

here's your birthday cake  :lol: 

Zombie%2520Birthday%2520Cake%252012.JPG

A mod does actually allow this: Extended Building Options. Also, as you can see from the recent Mondoids, TurboTuTone's movable items stuff should be coming in build 33. :) But don't let me discourage you.

Well unless they changed it without changing their info:

Extended Building Options

*snip*

Things To Keep In Mind

*snip*

• The "Mini Fridge" is buildable for humor value. It functions as a container, but do not expect it to keep your food cold even if I did give it the refrigerator icon.

Their fridges don't actually work. :P Mine already do. ;)

And, I don't like waiting weeks if not months when I can have something tomorrow by making it myself. ;) That was my whole reason of starting with modding. <3

Almost there! I've made a new lua object class that is an customized version of the 'ISBuildObject' to support more possibilities with it. And it stores the sprite, and most of the other data of the object you pick up (if you pick up a red fridge, the fridge will be red!). This means this code will pretty much work for any type of object once I enable it.

I'm nearly done! For now; enjoy these pretties:

2015_09_26_00005.jpg 2015_09_26_00006.jpg 2015_09_26_00007.jpg

Ok found one semi major bug lol It seems sometimes the build option doesn't go away so I was able to make 3 mini fridges form 1 lol doesn't dupe the items inside so thts good :D

You can also use them as invincible barricades :P

Wow, you're fast! :P I don't know if normal fridges are invincible aswell o__o I'll check for the duping, can you explain me how its duped? As in you can click 'place fridge' again, or the 'ghost build object selector' doesn't dissapear?

OMG IT'S YOU!
The prophecy modder!
The one we dreamed of.
A natural prodigy from the start.

At this rate you'll be the best known modder for this game in a few weeks.

Here's a suggestion.

There's this WIP with broken down cars somewhere.

They need help implementing them into the game. 
If you could try and get them into the game that'd be awesome!

OMG IT'S YOU!

The prophecy modder!

The one we dreamed of.

A natural prodigy from the start.

At this rate you'll be the best known modder for this game in a few weeks.

Here's a suggestion.

There's this WIP with broken down cars somewhere.

They need help implementing them into the game. 

If you could try and get them into the game that'd be awesome!

Hahahaha, thank you so much for that! That really made my day <3

I've seen that WIP indeed, and it's something I was really excited for. I'll have a look at it somewhere this week ^__^ I'm pretty sure it's an easy thing to implement, depending on what and how they want it to work.

i ran into a couple problems with the mod so far, as i placed a fridge, micro and toaster/bbq I still have all 3 in my inventory and cant drop them or get rid of them :\ but i exited the game and ill start it back up and check if there out of my bag i placed them in or not, cause i placed them from the bag onto the ground, not sure if i wasn't supposed to do that or not lol :P,also i noticed that the "r" button has been acting buggy since placing them down, i cant rotate the vanilla walls now using r, i have to use the mouse instead, not a big problem but i figured id let ya know! still a great mod, lets just get these kinks worked out and get those movable bbq's :D

i ran into a couple problems with the mod so far, as i placed a fridge, micro and toaster/bbq I still have all 3 in my inventory and cant drop them or get rid of them :\ but i exited the game and ill start it back up and check if there out of my bag i placed them in or not, cause i placed them from the bag onto the ground, not sure if i wasn't supposed to do that or not lol :P,also i noticed that the "r" button has been acting buggy since placing them down, i cant rotate the vanilla walls now using r, i have to use the mouse instead, not a big problem but i figured id let ya know! still a great mod, lets just get these kinks worked out and get those movable bbq's :D

Wooo!!! So much debug data! thank you! :D You can't place any of them? I would love to have a screenshot, to help me out! If you can get me one that would be amazing! <3

I'll take a look at the R button, is it no longer working? or what do you mean exactly with 'buggy'?

Wooo!!! So much debug data! thank you! :D You can't place any of them? I would love to have a screenshot, to help me out! If you can get me one that would be amazing! <3

I'll take a look at the R button, is it no longer working? or what do you mean exactly with 'buggy'?

well I had picked up a toasted, microwave, and a stove. I placed them into my bag (which holds 13000 pounds lol, on my mod testing character) so i got back to my base and placed all three inside, and even though I had placed all 3, they were all still inside my bag even though I placed them. and by buggy I meant that after placing all 3 of the different objects (fridge, toaster and oven) I decided to try building up a wall I took down using the regular wooden wall, and I tried to rotate the wall and no matter how many times i pressed the "R" button it wouldn't rotate, but I could still rotate the picked up fridge,oven,toaster, but vanilla build able objects wouldn't rotate. hope that describes it a bit better. ill go and get some screen shots too if you need them

well I had picked up a toasted, microwave, and a stove. I placed them into my bag (which holds 13000 pounds lol, on my mod testing character) so i got back to my base and placed all three inside, and even though I had placed all 3, they were all still inside my bag even though I placed them. and by buggy I meant that after placing all 3 of the different objects (fridge, toaster and oven) I decided to try building up a wall I took down using the regular wooden wall, and I tried to rotate the wall and no matter how many times i pressed the "R" button it wouldn't rotate, but I could still rotate the picked up fridge,oven,toaster, but vanilla build able objects wouldn't rotate. hope that describes it a bit better. ill go and get some screen shots too if you need them

Hahahaha, 13000 pounds XD I guess I didn't take in account that people could carry more than 50ish. You have to do them one at a time, and when you place the object make sure it's equipped in both hands, that whould remove them when you place them. I'll fix this tomorrow if I have time! Thank you for the information! :o I know how to fix it now ^__^