[Moodle] Something smells rotten around here...

Blasted_Taco

This is a really really good suggestion and, even were it to never serve any practical purpose in terms of alerting you to threats, would really help add an extra level of flavour to the world. Odour moodle leading to nautious moodle, etc.

When i was typing the suggestion that was one of the ideas i had to make the moodle of nauses appear more often other than when getting sick.

I mean, all of this could be related to the happiness moodle too, but maybe it could get complicated.

But the alert to a player would be for that one peasky zombie that has been stuck in that bathroom for over a week that could possibly take you by surprise when you open the door.

To interject a bit of science here, rotting corpses themselves are not actually dangerous to the living unless they died of an infectious disease (typhoid or the like) that is then released upon death. The bacteria contained in otherwise healthy corpses poses no immediate cause for concern.

That being said, I still like this idea. :)

To interject a bit of science here, rotting corpses themselves are not actually dangerous to the living unless they died of an infectious disease (typhoid or the like) that is then released upon death. The bacteria contained in otherwise healthy corpses poses no immediate cause for concern.

That being said, I still like this idea. :)

The you know zombie infection is of concern, but I hope we won't be forced to wear masks Last of Us Style just to play the game.

This is a really really good suggestion and, even were it to never serve any practical purpose in terms of alerting you to threats, would really help add an extra level of flavour to the world. Odour moodle leading to nautious moodle, etc.

Really cool to see you agree. Can we be looking forward to possible integration at some point? I can't imagine it'd be anytime soon, but even so. :)

Really cool to see you agree. Can we be looking forward to possible integration at some point? I can't imagine it'd be anytime soon, but even so. :)

If I get my way, then yes :D

As others have mentioned, bad smell is not in itself dangerous so primarily this would be for flavour - but that said, feeling horribly sick because of a disgusting smell can debuff things like perception and therefore, as others have said, encourage the cleanup of corpses from your safehouse etc.

Furthermore, if we go with negative "bad smell" moodles, then on the flip side, "nice smell" should be a positive moodle. Cook something tasty? Nice smell. In multiplayer, a nice smell of bacon could lead you to realise a house which looked empty is, in fact, occupied. So if you're trying to stay away from potential raiders, you might actually *want* to scatter some corpses around the streets outside your home to mask that smell of tasty bacon cooking... :)

If I get my way, then yes :D

As others have mentioned, bad smell is not in itself dangerous so primarily this would be for flavour - but that said, feeling horribly sick because of a disgusting smell can debuff things like perception and therefore, as others have said, encourage the cleanup of corpses from your safehouse etc.

Furthermore, if we go with negative "bad smell" moodles, then on the flip side, "nice smell" should be a positive moodle. Cook something tasty? Nice smell. In multiplayer, a nice smell of bacon could lead you to realise a house which looked empty is, in fact, occupied. So if you're trying to stay away from potential raiders, you might actually *want* to scatter some corpses around the streets outside your home to mask that smell of tasty bacon cooking... :)

Never thought of it that way, that'd be reaaally smart. You could even go as far as having a randomised wind direction so you'd have to plan ahead to ensure you don't cook food that will blow down wind into a horde's direction. :P

There's even cologne and such already in the game, could be added to it somehow. Regardless, sounds awesome! Let's hope everyone else likes the idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...