[Moodle] Something smells rotten around here...

Blasted_Taco

This might be a stupid idea, but why not give a heads up to the players the first weeks?

Example, you enter a building with zombies inside a room, not specific which one, but a moodle could appear telling you that something smells really bad, that should give you a heads up of either a corpse or a zombie that might lurk around there.

This could prove useful when they add diseases to having corpses around inside a house, giving a heads up of something begin rotten and probably dangerous to your health.

Maybe is too hard to code, maybe is too stupid, but it sure as hell can save you from that one zombie inside the bathroom when all the lights are out and is night time, you know the one.

This might be a stupid idea, but why not give a heads up to the players the first weeks?

Example, you enter a building with zombies inside a room, not specific which one, but a moodle could appear telling you that something smells really bad, that should give you a heads of either a corpse or a zombie that might lurk around there.

This could prove useful when they add diseases to having corpses around inside a house, giving a heads up of something begin rotten and probably dangerous to your health.

Maybe is too hard to code, maybe is too stupid, but it sure as hell can save you from that one zombie inside the bathroom when all the lights are out and is night time, you know the one.

I think it's a brilliant idea ! 

And while we are it, introducing new traits would be useful too. A sharp sense of smell or something like that, where the radius is bigger of detecting bad smells. 

Wouldn't that also make it harder to pinpoint though?

And while we are it, introducing new traits would be useful too. A sharp sense of smell or something like that, where the radius is bigger of detecting bad smells. 

We could have a deaf character with strong sense of smell now 

just call me daredevil.

Daredevil is blind lmao

just call me daredevil.

Daredevil is blind lmao

i am to tired to really care. plus how would blindness work in pz. it would be stupid.

just call me daredevil.

Daredevil is blind lmao

i am to tired to really care. plus how would blindness work in pz. it would be stupid.

Idk dude you're the one calling yourself a blind person  :P

just call me daredevil.

Daredevil is blind lmao

Idk dude you're the one calling yourself a blind person  :P

i am darkness, *says while hanging from a roof*

I've often wondered about this myself, being as I almost exclusively play a deaf guy.

Especially when my 6th senses kick in and I start getting 'nervous' and 'agitated' moments before a Zambo hoard three floors down and a dozen closed doors away smashes through my barricade.... but I can't smell the roiling waves of putrid flesh that would gag a maggot ten feet away around a hallway corner in a sweltering house in the middle of summer with no AC..

Well there is a setting that mentions decomposition. The default sandbox setting for "proper" zombies says decomposition slows and weakens them, so if that happens it's not much of a stretch to believe that they'd end being a bit stinky as well. Maybe not in the first few days though, when they are more fresh. Older zombies, stinky. New ones, not at all or very little.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it.

-You should also be able to burn bodies.

-Frozen bodies should not smell

-I think you should get queasy from LARGE groups of rotten bodies

Imagine making a wall of dead zombies, putting gasoline over it and burn the whole thing :)

And then a few minutes later new zombies come attracted by the smell of burning zombies :)

The developers have said that you can (Eventually) get sick from being around corpses, how about the same for zombies?

Like if you are on the second floor of a house, and the downstairs is full of a horde, the stench would be awful and then they are decomposing as well.

It could also be a decent nerf to flying fortresses if zombies below could cause sickness from the stench wafting up.

The developers have said that you can (Eventually) get sick from being around corpses, how about the same for zombies?

Like if you are on the second floor of a house, and the downstairs is full of a horde, the stench would be awful and then they are decomposing as well.

It could also be a decent nerf to flying fortresses if zombies below could cause sickness from the stench wafting up.

That is more or less what i am thinking, begin around dead corpses, more so if they are undead corpses that keep rotting should be a really fucking problem for your health sooner or later if you keep living in the same house, eventually getting ill