The patch 33 anticipation / theoretical gambling thread

Jack Bower

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2015/11/crossing-the-streams/

Sorry to be a hype-killer guys, but as you can tell from what we've all written up it really doesn't feel too far away right now.

[Not a guarantee! Let the rampant expectation, hyperbole and wonderment continue!]

Welp

I felt pretty confident today that maybe it could be today.

Guess that this is a sign to keep studying in hopes that i can save that class.

Sorry to be a hype-killer guys, but as you can tell from what we've all written up it really doesn't feel too far away right now.

[Not a guarantee! Let the rampant expectation, hyperbole and wonderment continue!]

We're looking forward to it! (As you can tell).

Is there any chance of it releasing on a day that isn't a Monday? I assume no, since Mondays give you 5 full days of fixing stuff before the weekend arrives, AND it ties in nicely with the Mondoid updates. I figured I'd ask though.

And before everyone tells me "No ETAs", this isn't a request for an ETA, it's a question about the days of the week. :P

EDIT: [sorry EG]

Wait a second... That's a lie!

Crossing the streams is a Ghostbusters reference. Ghostbusters was released on June 7 1984, and its sequel was released June 16 1989.

7 + 16 = 23, 84 - 89 = 5, 5 + 23 = 28.

Build 28.3 was released on July 2, 2014. 28.3 - 28 = 0.3. Remove the decimal point and round it and you get 3.

2014 is 30 years after 1984. 30 + 3 = 33.

July (7th month) + June (6th month) + June (again, 6) = 19.

There is no 19th month on our calendar, but emphasis on our. The Tzolk'in calendar has 20 uniquely named days, and the 19th is named Kawak.

Kawak has five letters. 19 - 5 = 14. 14 divided by two is 7. 7 is considered a lucky number, along with 6. 6 + 7 = 13. 13 is an unlucky number, but 7 isn't, so this must be representing the struggle and triumph of Project Zomboids development. 13 - 7 = 6. We're back to 6 again, so 66. 66 divided by 12, the maximum amount of months in our calendar, is 5.5. 5.5 rounded upwards equals... Mother of god, 6 again!

We now have 666.

Since 666 is the number of the devil, we can assume Satan will be unleashed when Build 33 is released. Jesus has an alternative name, Yahweh, which has 6 letters. Spiffo has 6 letters as well.

From this we can gather that Spiffo is, indeed, Jesus Christ.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

EDIT: [sorry EG]

Wait a second... That's a lie!

Crossing the streams is a Ghostbusters reference. Ghostbusters was released on June 7 1984, and its sequel was released June 16 1989.

7 + 16 = 23, 84 - 89 = 5, 5 + 23 = 28.

Build 28.3 was released on July 2, 2014. 28.3 - 28 = 0.3. Remove the decimal point and round it and you get 3.

2014 is 30 years after 1984. 30 + 3 = 33.

July (7th month) + June (6th month) + June (again, 6) = 19.

There is no 19th month on our calendar, but emphasis on our. The Tzolk'in calendar has 20 uniquely named days, and the 19th is named Kawak.

Kawak has five letters. 19 - 5 = 14. 14 divided by two is 7. 7 is considered a lucky number, along with 6. 6 + 7 = 13. 13 is an unlucky number, but 7 isn't, so this must be representing the struggle and triumph of Project Zomboids development. 13 - 7 = 6. We're back to 6 again, so 66. 66 divided by 12, the maximum amount of months in our calendar, is 5.5. 5.5 rounded upwards equals... Mother of god, 6 again!

We now have 666.

Since 666 is the number of the devil, we can assume Satan will be unleashed when Build 33 is released. Jesus has an alternative name, Yahweh, which has 6 letters. Spiffo has 6 letters as well.

From this we can gather that Spiffo is, indeed, Jesus Christ.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

You went full Nicolas Cage here

I've been wondering, since large items like fridges and sofas etc we can't carry them in our bags for obvious reasons and we have to push them 1 tile at a time is there gonna be a way to move them up levels of buildings?

Will we just slide them up stairs?

I've been wondering, since large items like fridges and sofas etc we can't carry them in our bags for obvious reasons and we have to push them 1 tile at a time is there gonna be a way to move them up levels of buildings?

Will we just slide them up stairs?

I'd love to know this, too. My plan was to move the kitchen up to a spare bedroom on the second floor, then destroy the stairs.

That's cheating :D

And don't say you could do it in real life - you wouldn't be able to lug all the scavenged loot up a sheet rope or even a proper fixed ladder.

In fact yeah, no climbing sheet ropes if encumbered!

You could totally get a fridge up a flight of stairs if you didn't care about scratching it (and your walls) to hell. Fridges also use a standard electrical receptacle, so you could plug it in where a bedroom was. A stove is different though, that needs a dedicated circuit and a special plug.

For the sheet rope, I agree about climbing while encumbered. I'd love to see a fall chance based on your fitness or strength level, your encumberance, and your tiredness. Make there always be a small fall chance too, so that sheet ropes are a last resort, and not a standard thing. It would be nice to have ladders before this though.