Primitive Technology

J0hnm13

Totally couldn't think of a better name for the post.. The youtube channel of the same name has a guy who just builds things from full scratch in the woods, such as tools, and a few videos he actually builds functional structures. I've posted a link down below to one of his better builds. If you haven't already, check him out, his content is awesome.

On to the actual suggestion, someone posted a joke on the subreddit that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE this is what happens when you hit level 10 carpentry, but what if that kind of tool use and construction could be actually added and integrated into the existing Foraging skill? Maybe rename Foraging into the Wilderness skill. Allow the player to gather mud into clay to make pots for water storage/boiling/cooking, make sturdier homemade tools, build safer fire pits, etc etc. This would only add more survival elements and of course support a more nomadic lifestyle that rewards the player for using the plentiful woods around town instead of staying cooped up in a 2nd story building all their short lives.

This guy is really cool, I've watched some of his videos a while back. The problem with implementing this into the game is that a lot of the stuff couldn't be done by your "average Joe". Some of it is definitelly doable if you have at least some outdoor experience, but other things require specific knowledge. That said, we can already make axes that are capable of chopping down big trees-that's one of the few things ingame that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be capable of.

This guy is really cool, I've watched some of his videos a while back. The problem with implementing this into the game is that a lot of the stuff couldn't be done by your "average Joe". Some of it is definitelly doable if you have at least some outdoor experience, but other things require specific knowledge. That said, we can already make axes that are capable of chopping down big trees-that's one of the few things ingame that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be capable of.

average Joe is no longer a thing in PZ as far as I know. Its all about ballancing things ingame, like cost to get that trait or occupation, item rarity, skill required to use it, etc.

Totally couldn't think of a better name for the post.. The youtube channel of the same name has a guy who just builds things from full scratch in the woods, such as tools, and a few videos he actually builds functional structures. I've posted a link down below to one of his better builds. If you haven't already, check him out, his content is awesome.

On to the actual suggestion, someone posted a joke on the subreddit that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE this is what happens when you hit level 10 carpentry, but what if that kind of tool use and construction could be actually added and integrated into the existing Foraging skill? Maybe rename Foraging into the Wilderness skill. Allow the player to gather mud into clay to make pots for water storage/boiling/cooking, make sturdier homemade tools, build safer fire pits, etc etc. This would only add more survival elements and of course support a more nomadic lifestyle that rewards the player for using the plentiful woods around town instead of staying cooped up in a 2nd story building all their short lives.

I've watched all his videos, yea it would be very nice ! yet we do have the stone ax, notch plank already and we are able to forage for tree branches, and cut down trees for their logs, tree branches and twigs.... for the clay crafting Hydromancerx Hydrocraft mod has some great recipes in it.... he also has roof shingles in his recipes.   and a bunch of new wood recipes like ex: wooden barrel.   although it would be very cool to have either a new skill or a combination of the current Carpentry, Foraging skills with new recipes for wilderness/deep forest survival ! 

A++ :)

average Joe is no longer a thing in PZ as far as I know. Its all about ballancing things ingame, like cost to get that trait or occupation, item rarity, skill required to use it, etc.

As far as I know they're still sticking with the average joe skillset, IE you can have basic skills in certain areas from the get-go but you won't be a professor of any subject and know all the ins and outs.