[Help] How to upload Project Zomboid mods to Workshop

Maklane

Hi, I don't have too much time to follow the forums but I read the mondoid every week, and now that you implemented the Steam Workshop of Project Zomboid, I'm interested in upload my buildings there and use some of my little free time to make new building and contribute whit the workshop, but sadly, I can't find anything clear in "how to". I don't know how to upload something to the steam workshop. I will appreciate the help, thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hijack this thread, but, is this answer true for ANY mods or just map/building mods?

I see a bunch of a mods on the workshop already but I have not been able to find any solid instructions on the process to actually upload a mod (say, adding items into the game) to the Steam workshop. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Go to %username%\zomboid\workshop. There you'll see a mod called ModTemplate.

Launch the game, then press the workshop button in the lower left-hand corner. You'll be prompted to upload, update, or change an existing mod. ModTemplate should be listed.

Effectively, all you do is duplicate the ModTemplate set up, customize the workshop.txt, and install your mods in Contents/mods/

• 1 year later...
On ‎2015‎년 ‎10‎월 ‎31‎일 at 2:59 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Go to %username%\zomboid\workshop. There you'll see a mod called ModTemplate.

Launch the game, then press the workshop button in the lower left-hand corner. You'll be prompted to upload, update, or change an existing mod. ModTemplate should be listed.

Effectively, all you do is duplicate the ModTemplate set up, customize the workshop.txt, and install your mods in Contents/mods/

So,I have a question. If I copy the mod of other modder, how can I make it? Please I need your help!

5 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

You shouldn't copy other people's mods without getting their permission.

Otherwise, the process is the same as described above.  You submit it to the workshop through the game to get a new workshop ID number.

oops! sorry about that :( 

I did it in the desc above. but it didn't work. after I launched the game and press the workshop button in the lower left-hand corner, the two same mod that I made are on the mod subscription list. I bet it is the problem. How can I post my mod to workshop correctly? would you explain as much detail as possible? sorry, English is not my language.

6 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

You shouldn't copy other people's mods without getting their permission.

Otherwise, the process is the same as described above.  You submit it to the workshop through the game to get a new workshop ID number.

I don't understand the desc from EnigmaGrey below. I followed it many,many times but it didn't work.

On ‎2015‎년 ‎10‎월 ‎31‎일 at 2:59 AM, EnigmaGrey said: