We deserve at least monthy updates on NPCs

TheGrifter

We've been polite, but it's been four years. I like radios as much as the next person, but this game started with NPCs, as a proof of concept, and I preferred even those little set pieces over the lack of NPCs in the game now.

Why don't you folks implement some form of crude NPCs like the old days instead of making us wait four years for a feature included in the demo?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, your message is exactly why they decided to stop mentioning NPCs. You could say players "deserve" updates on NPCs, but I disagree with this statement : we paid for the game and we "deserve" development. That's all.

I know NPCs could bring a new dimension to the lore and playstyle, but come on, it's not like the game's hollow and only SP. And I really can't see how implementing poorly-designed NPCs while waiting for the "real" ones can be a good thing. People will complain becuse they're not as good as they thought, then they'll complain when TIS adds the finalised NPCs because people got used to the previous ones. So no, TIS, keep on doing what you're doing. We'll get NPCs and I trust you on this. 

Oh well, sorry for this NPCs talk. 3 months on the forum and I'm already fed up about that too.

TheGrifter, I was going to give you the link, but Fluffe's been faster. Read it. You'll know why.

Patience is a virtue

Just remember, the longer they work on it, the better it'll be in the end.

I adopted this reasoning after the ''Rome 2: total war'' disaster, although it is creating a paradoxical situation where the longer NPCs are held back, the higher the expectations, the more work is needed to archieve these expectation, longer waiting makes expectation rise, ...

I truly hope the devs can pull it off though, and trust them enough to believe they can do it.

P.S.: Sorry in advance to the dev-team, but to make clear to the OP. Early alpha NPCs were shit, they were boring, unrealistic and uninteresting and would give people a wrong impression were they added now.

People should really stop overhyping and demanding updates on NPCs. The devs are doing the best they can developing NPCs, while bugtracking and working on other features in the game, and still manage to deliver updates at an alarming rate.

As for the development time, blockbuster games like Team Fortress 2 (8 years in development), Aliens: Colonial Marines (12 years in development) and Duke Nukem Forever (14 years in development) managed to rise to the top of gaming, slugging along their massive development time.

I think TIS is doing an amazing job on PZ, and I hope they keep going.

As for the development time, blockbuster games like [...] Duke Nukem Forever (14 years in development) managed to rise to the top of gaming, slugging along their massive development time.

You're not being helpful to TIS with that one xD

Well, DK:F got to be a *decent* game.

I will fight you, fuck no DK:F never got to be in its full potential.

DK:F was a clusterfuck of ideas of recent popular FPS and you can see that, it feels like a time machine when you play though the game because you can see different time references to FPS the longer you play the game and you can the stupid 2 weapons limits and health regen, i am still mad witu DK:F

As for the development time, blockbuster games like [...] Duke Nukem Forever (14 years in development) managed to rise to the top of gaming, slugging along their massive development time.

You're not being helpful to TIS with that one xD

Well, DK:F got to be a *decent* game.

I will fight you, fuck no DK:F never got to be in its full potential.

DK:F was a clusterfuck of ideas of recent popular FPS and you can see that, it feels like a time machine when you play though the game because you can see different time references to FPS the longer you play the game and you can the stupid 2 weapons limits and health regen, i am still mad witu DK:F

I'm guessing it just didn't live up to the hype. If the project wasn't sold out, I'm sure it would have been a success.

Last offtopic reply, I promise. :mrgreen:

Deserve. I hate that word. With early access, you're kind of taking a gamble the game will be developed. Think yourself lucky we get a regular mondoid, or that the devs and support respond so politely and haven't just up and left with the money. (double fine I'm looking at you...)

The amount of times people have said NO ETAs, can people not read or do they think they asking that one more time will make the devs cave and speak about it.

Sorry if this post came across as aggressive, it's not intended to offend, just struggling to find a different way to put it across :s

We all have been waiting, patiently and so should you.  I fully support the idea behind holding back a certain part of the game when if released is just going to cause more bitching than your thread, because its not done fully and correctly. 

Just wait till the final product comes out for NPC's and you will be fine.