Weapons and some military things

MrTrololo

For me the late game ultimate vehicle is a helicopter. Ofc you need to be pilot, get a lot of fuel but those airdrop actions in zombie infested area would be so cool. I hope TIS will make my dream come true one day.

I cant imagine how the hell cars are going to work and you want helicopters?

It would be worse than flying one in GTA with the appearing trees and buildings out of the nowhere.

For me the late game ultimate vehicle is a helicopter. Ofc you need to be pilot, get a lot of fuel but those airdrop actions in zombie infested area would be so cool. I hope TIS will make my dream come true one day.

I cant imagine how the hell cars are going to work and you want helicopters?

It would be worse than flying one in GTA with the appearing trees and buildings out of the nowhere.

Well the cars will work probably in gta. Helicopters would be simmilar but height would be same as the map is build, just seperate button to lower or rise the helicopter by 1 lvl. I know its not easy to doo but just imagine those rescue missions where you pick up your mates from top floor of the building sorrounded by zeds :D

You can't just say they're NOT REAL.

Because they DO actually exist.

what

Tanks exist.

Bombs exist.

Miniguns exist.

Huge machine guns exist.

APCs exist.

Grenades and C4 exist.

You can't just write them off as not being in a MILITARY BASE!

A military base is bound to have tanks and shit.

If the devs want the base,  the coinciding military assets should come with it.

Birds pooping everywhere exists

Showering exists

Children exist

Sexytimes exist

As of now, I don't see the developers planning on adding this into the game because its either unnecessary or doesn't fit the theme.

In the case of vastly overpowered weapons, you're meant to survive the zombies, its not supposed to be zombies surviving you.

You're meant to take them down if need be, but you're not supposed to be able to wipe them all off the earth, otherwise there wouldn't have been an apocalypse to start with.

what

Tanks exist.

Bombs exist.

Miniguns exist.

Huge machine guns exist.

APCs exist.

Grenades and C4 exist.

If the devs want the base, the coinciding military assets should come with it.

Birds pooping everywhere exists

Showering exists

Children exist

Sexytimes exist

As of now, I don't see the developers planning on adding this into the game because its either unnecessary or doesn't fit the theme.

In the case of vastly overpowered weapons, you're meant to survive the zombies, its not supposed to be zombies surviving you.

You're meant to take them down if need be, but you're not supposed to be able to wipe them all off the earth, otherwise there wouldn't have been an apocalypse to start with.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't believe that military hardware is the best tool suited for long term survival. As I said before, tanks are a short lived deathtrap; grenades are implentiful, dangerous, and heavy; miniguns are a good way to waste a lot of ammo very fast, just because something is destructive doesn't make it overpowered. Just look at the hairspray bomb. It starts lots of zombies on fire, which is good, but on the flipside you just made an angry flaming ball of hate.

Military weapons are made for use against other military weapons in an environment where fuel, ammunition, and manpower is trivially plentiful. Removing any of the three and all you end up with is a big metal box. Might as well hide in a shipping container. When logistics break down, tanks and heavy weapons become increasingly useless. Even something like a light machinegun requires at least two people and hundreds of rounds of military grade ammunition to operate effectively.

what

Tanks exist.

Bombs exist.

Miniguns exist.

Huge machine guns exist.

APCs exist.

Grenades and C4 exist.

If the devs want the base,  the coinciding military assets should come with it.

I am sure we are going to see some of it, but we aint going to be using a mini gun to mow down zombies while using C4 and shit to level down a building while pumping some rock music in a tank with a NPC driving it and other NPC using the .50 cal machine gun on the gunner seat mowing down more zombies.

We are not going to get tanks or any overpowered military weapons period.

We already have some sort of grenade with the hairspray and the sparklers, so don't think that when you raid Fort Knox you will be using tanks, APC, a .50 cal machine gun mounted on top of a jeep, we will see grenades for sure, but i am even more sure that they will be rare as fuck to find.

I dont remember where i read this, but when the game starts, it said something about the military(real NPCs) trying to hold off the zombies in fort Knox and used up most of their stuff, so by the time you gear up and try to get inside the fort (that will be surrounded by zombies because all the ammo they will consume and the eventual downfall of the Fort), you either will face a countless number of zombies and dead military guys and more than half of the ammo gone, including grenades and other stuff.

I think still that we should be able to fix up some of the random tanks we find abandoned by the ever retreating military force to add an asset to your Surivior group.

I mean, make there be a active soldier profession where you know how to get military hardware working, or make it use a shit ton of deisel, i don't care.

If you think survivors wouldn't TRY to get a tank running to use it against other survivors or to barge through undead swarms, you got another thing coming.

A balancing thing could be making shells very rare. like you'll prolly find 10 to 20 total across the base and scattered in military sites.

And only one type of tank round is effective.

Canister shot.

It's basically a shotgun shell, for a tank. Shreds anything in front of the barrel for a hundred yards, very effective at dismembering and mutilating zombie crowds. might only kill 10, but renders a hell of a lot more immobile.

I think that's fair.

A tank has advantages, and it should have disadvantages too.

Notably- it's pretty damn slow, it's pretty damn loud.

And it goes REALLY slow over dead zombies, and through undead crowds, we're talking like 4 MPH.

or at the very least let us drive them, maybe explain the military has locks on the firing mechanism so you need a password to use the turret. just let us use them as battering rams for enemy walls and stuff.

It's not like zombies exactly blow up tanks. they at most can get the door open and get inside or drag the crying crew outside of it.

Hell, even adding a "mechanic" Skill tree, and making tank repair number 10 would be alright with me.

I'm not saying making this into DAYZ, i'm just saying SOME military equipment of most kinds should be avalible, even if improbably rare.

Trust me, i live in southern ohio not an hour away from kentucky and even here i see people walking around brandishing AK47's and AR-15's, scares the fuck out of me daily.

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!

my idea to (not so) new weapon-blunderbuss and his advantages and disadvantages

1.Advantages:

-we don't need bullets to shoot from that thing,we might load stones,glass shards and junk(just like few hundred years ago)

-we have to load gunpowder,so we can obtain that from all bullets

-projectiles spread like in shotgun

2.Disadvantages:

-slow reloading speed

-we have to reload weapon after every shot(only one bullet capacity)

-high noise

Project Zomboid is not about killing countless zombies with powerful weapons, we might see some sort of military rifle, but we wont see overpower weapons like those that you are suggesting.

Also as for your grenades suggestion, sharpel wont do shit against zombies i believe, a grenade possibly would only at most torn one of his limbs and he will keep coming, as for the flashbangs, i have no idea of what a flashbang can do to a zombie.

We will see crossbows and bows later on, but not right now, we wont see air drops and Fort Knox is where we will see all the military action mostly.

Look over here please:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions/

They are a confirmed No by the devs.

you know,i don't think to semi-auto shotgun(i mean something similar to Franchi SPAS-12) is OP,it's like normal shotgun but with higher fire rate,full auto weapons is not OP because fully loaded shotgun could smash more zombie heads than machineguns with 30 rounds clip for example,semi-auto shotgun might be most powerful gun if appear in game,but might be hard to find(just like sledgehammer-actually most powerful melee in game)

People that is against military grade weapons in the game forget one simple thing: logistic

Simple put, there's a finite amount of ammo in the world. Unless there's a factory producing more (and those are not in KY mind you) eventually your M60 will become a glorified club.

Since modern ammunition is something quite complicate to produce, and it need a lot of infrastructure to be a viable option (chemistry industry, metalurgic industry and etc), the chances for a individual that knows how to make modern ammo being able to make the said ammo in PZ is almost nil.