Weapons and some military things

MrTrololo

some military objects like:barricades,tents,abandoned trucks(if vechicles might be added)air drop crates and military base might be nice in this game,of course before apocalypse government have to engage army to try stop infection spreading of course that didn't work,but in this military object we might find some nice things:

Weapons:

-semi-automatic shotgun

-submachine gun

-assault rifle

-sniper rifle

-crossbow(i know it's not military weapon but more silent ranged weapon will be very useful)

-flamethrower and chainsaw(i expect you will say this weapons are OP but at least chainsaw is appears in most zombie games)

Grenades:

-shrapnel grenade

-flashbang(blindness effect for zombies and survivors if they looked at flashbang when exploding)

More Ammo types:

-slug shells for shotguns

-tracer shells

-armor piercing shells(allows to kill zombie and harm other zombie behind him)

Others:

-anti personnel mine

-soldier zombies with kevlar vests and helmets(harder to kill)

-armor(i don,t want any OP armor but at least any resistance to bite and scratches(and exactly -infection)might help to survive,besides not so many players can survive long because they often die -from zombification)

-flashlight attachable to weapons

-visible lasersight ray or point on target or object

-breakable window glasses by shooting into them(c'mon i can't even break windows when i shoot to them,its not realistic :( )

-holes from projectiles into objects

-separately for some weapons magazines to them

-scope and sniper mode activation

-night vision device

At the end i want say something more:

We don't have chances to defeat zombies hordes(unless we have shotgun or pipebombs) so more powerful weapons might allow us to defeat them,especially when bigger groups wandering to often near our base,i can't exactly understand this but sometimes zombies tries to break into my house despite i didn't generate noise,light is turned off and windows is barricaded

Project Zomboid is not about killing countless zombies with powerful weapons, we might see some sort of military rifle, but we wont see overpower weapons like those that you are suggesting.

Also as for your grenades suggestion, sharpel wont do shit against zombies i believe, a grenade possibly would only at most torn one of his limbs and he will keep coming, as for the flashbangs, i have no idea of what a flashbang can do to a zombie.

We will see crossbows and bows later on, but not right now, we wont see air drops and Fort Knox is where we will see all the military action mostly.

Look over here please:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions/

They are a confirmed No by the devs.

Project Zomboid is not about killing countless zombies with powerful weapons, we might see some sort of military rifle, but we wont see overpower weapons like those that you are suggesting.

Also as for your grenades suggestion, sharpel wont do shit against zombies i believe, a grenade possibly would only at most torn one of his limbs and he will keep coming, as for the flashbangs, i have no idea of what a flashbang can do to a zombie.

We will see crossbows and bows later on, but not right now, we wont see air drops and Fort Knox is where we will see all the military action mostly.

Look over here please:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions/

Well, he explained it exactly. But i'd like to have some smg's (mp5..) Well, thats coming after fort knox.

Look over here please:

Well, he explained it exactly. But i'd like to have some smg's (mp5..) Well, thats coming after fort knox.

If you want a crazy amount of guns try ortmans gun mod (It's amazing) And as for the guns you want in the game, They have stated they wont have any name guns so expect guns to be named like assault rifle, revolver, ect.

Whoops meant to quote OP

Edited by xXSly_WolfyXx

Look over here please:

Actualy, grenades could be a good option against zombies.

The reason? Their legs.

Simply put grenades, mainly the anti-personel types, are well suited to rip off a soldier leg if it detonates near the soldier. A zombie would not "hit the deck" to escape a grenade blast (unlike a real soldier would mind you)

Also, HE grenades could turn a soldier into meat pieces if the soldier dont hit the ground before detonation.

All in all a grenade could be very useful against a horde of zombies since none of then will try to protect thenselves and depending on the type of grenade used you could very well destroy a good part of the horde.

Look over here please:

Actualy, grenades could be a good option against zombies.

The reason? Their legs.

Simply put grenades, mainly the anti-personel types, are well suited to rip off a soldier leg if it detonates near the soldier. A zombie would not "hit the deck" to escape a grenade blast (unlike a real soldier would mind you)

Also, HE grenades could turn a soldier into meat pieces if the soldier dont hit the ground before detonation.

All in all a grenade could be very useful against a horde of zombies since none of then will try to protect thenselves and depending on the type of grenade used you could very well destroy a good part of the horde.

Well, now you have a small squad of crawlers+ more zombies coming your way because of the blast sound that grenade made.

Like i said, a grenade would fuck up the zombie, but its not likely to kill more than 5 of them in a big horde and the rest could be crawlers from the blast radius, mind you i am speaking about Anti-personal grenades that are made to kill you with sharpel, the concussive force is not that strong enough to kill you, but the sharpel will fuck you up so badly you die if you are kinda far away from it.

Remember that those grenades are more of a concussive bang, a bit of smoke and no flames, is not like the movies or TV, where someone throws a grenade, the other guys infront of the grenade go "OH FUCK A GRENADE GET THE FUCK O-" and then you see a big flame and people flying everywhere with a explosion.

Well, now you have a small squad of crawlers+ more zombies coming your way because of the blast sound that grenade made.

Like i said, a grenade would fuck up the zombie, but its not likely to kill more than 5 of them in a big horde and the rest could be crawlers from the blast radius, mind you i am speaking about Anti-personal grenades that are made to kill you with sharpel, the concussive force is not that strong enough to kill you, but the sharpel will fuck you up so badly you die if you are kinda far away from it.

Remember that those grenades are more of a concussive bang, a bit of smoke and no flames, is not like the movies or TV, where someone throws a grenade, the other guys infront of the grenade go "OH FUCK A GRENADE GET THE FUCK O-" and then you see a big flame and people flying everywhere with a explosion.

Not exactly. It all depends on the type of grenade used and the angle of the explosion compared to the target position.

Frag grenades kill mainly by a mix of shrapnel/concusive blast, with shrapnel being in 70% of the cases the main cause of death.

Of the deaths caused by shrapnel, at least 30% occur by wounds caused in the head and of those 25% are because shrapnel hit a main component of the head like the cerebelum or even the brain itself. There are cases of shrapnel penetrating thru the nasal cavity or the neck in a upward angle and hiting the brain.

HE (High Explosive) grenades kill by pure concusive blast. They are mainly used to destroy stacionary/reinforced positions and light vehicles but against infantry they are effective as well. A soldier hit by a HE grenade have a good change to be turned into a lot of meat pieces thanks to his arms/legs/head being riped off by the shear power of the concusive blast (no crawlers). If the soldier is lucky he only have to face the chance of the concusive blast hiting his head with such force that his brain receives a critical concusion, to the point of causing his death by brain squeezing (imagine that on a zombie that dont fall on the ground to protect himself from a HE grenade).

Again those situations are affected by several circunstances and details but one can for sure use grenades against hordes of zombies. Not a discret act for sure but then again a zombie apocalypse is not a commom situation XDDD

You can't just say they're NOT REAL.

Because they DO actually exist.

what

Tanks exist.

Bombs exist.

Miniguns exist.

Huge machine guns exist.

APCs exist.

Grenades and C4 exist.

You can't just write them off as not being in a MILITARY BASE!

A military base is bound to have tanks and shit.

If the devs want the base,  the coinciding military assets should come with it.

what

Tanks exist.

Bombs exist.

Miniguns exist.

Huge machine guns exist.

APCs exist.

Grenades and C4 exist.

I am sure we are going to see some of it, but we aint going to be using a mini gun to mow down zombies while using C4 and shit to level down a building while pumping some rock music in a tank with a NPC driving it and other NPC using the .50 cal machine gun on the gunner seat mowing down more zombies.

We are not going to get tanks or any overpowered military weapons period.

We already have some sort of grenade with the hairspray and the sparklers, so don't think that when you raid Fort Knox you will be using tanks, APC, a .50 cal machine gun mounted on top of a jeep, we will see grenades for sure, but i am even more sure that they will be rare as fuck to find.

I dont remember where i read this, but when the game starts, it said something about the military(real NPCs) trying to hold off the zombies in fort Knox and used up most of their stuff, so by the time you gear up and try to get inside the fort (that will be surrounded by zombies because all the ammo they will consume and the eventual downfall of the Fort), you either will face a countless number of zombies and dead military guys and more than half of the ammo gone, including grenades and other stuff.

what

Tanks exist.

Bombs exist.

Miniguns exist.

Huge machine guns exist.

APCs exist.

Grenades and C4 exist.

I am sure we are going to see some of it, but we aint going to be using a mini gun to mow down zombies while using C4 and shit to level down a building while pumping some rock music in a tank with a NPC driving it and other NPC using the .50 cal machine gun on the gunner seat mowing down more zombies.

We already have some sort of grenade with the hairspray and the sparklers, so don't think that when you raid Fort Knox you will be using tanks, APC, a .50 cal machine gun mounted on top of a jeep, we will see grenades for sure, but i am even more sure that they will be rare as fuck to find.

I dont remember where i read this, but when the game starts, it said something about the military(real NPCs) trying to hold off the zombies in fort Knox and used up most of their stuff, so by the time you gear up and try to get inside the fort (that will be surrounded by zombies because all the ammo they will consume and the eventual downfall of the Fort), you either will face a countless number of zombies and dead military guys and more than half of the ammo gone, including grenades and other stuff.

I think still that we should be able to fix up some of the random tanks we find abandoned by the ever retreating military force to add an asset to your Surivior group.

I mean, make there be a active soldier profession where you know how to get military hardware working, or make it use a shit ton of deisel, i don't care.

If you think survivors wouldn't TRY to get a tank running to use it against other survivors or to barge through undead swarms, you got another thing coming.

A balancing thing could be making shells very rare. like you'll prolly find 10 to 20 total across the base and scattered in military sites.

And only one type of tank round is effective.

Canister shot.

It's basically a shotgun shell, for a tank. Shreds anything in front of the barrel for a hundred yards, very effective at dismembering and mutilating zombie crowds. might only kill 10, but renders a hell of a lot more immobile.

I think that's fair.

A tank has advantages, and it should have disadvantages too.

Notably- it's pretty damn slow, it's pretty damn loud.

And it goes REALLY slow over dead zombies, and through undead crowds, we're talking like 4 MPH.

or at the very least let us drive them, maybe explain the military has locks on the firing mechanism so you need a password to use the turret. just let us use them as battering rams for enemy walls and stuff.

It's not like zombies exactly blow up tanks. they at most can get the door open and get inside or drag the crying crew outside of it.

Hell, even adding a "mechanic" Skill tree, and making tank repair number 10 would be alright with me.

I'm not saying making this into DAYZ, i'm just saying SOME military equipment of most kinds should be avalible, even if improbably rare.

Trust me, i live in southern ohio not an hour away from kentucky and even here i see people walking around brandishing AK47's and AR-15's, scares the fuck out of me daily.

what

Tanks exist.

Bombs exist.

Miniguns exist.

Huge machine guns exist.

APCs exist.

Grenades and C4 exist.

I think still that we should be able to fix up some of the random tanks we find abandoned by the ever retreating military force to add an asset to your Surivior group.

I mean, make there be a active soldier profession where you know how to get military hardware working, or make it use a shit ton of deisel, i don't care.

If you think survivors wouldn't TRY to get a tank running to use it against other survivors or to barge through undead swarms, you got another thing coming.

A balancing thing could be making shells very rare. like you'll prolly find 10 to 20 total across the base and scattered in military sites.

And only one type of tank round is effective.

Canister shot.

It's basically a shotgun shell, for a tank. Shreds anything in front of the barrel for a hundred yards, very effective at dismembering and mutilating zombie crowds. might only kill 10, but renders a hell of a lot more immobile.

I think that's fair.

A tank has advantages, and it should have disadvantages too.

Notably- it's pretty damn slow, it's pretty damn loud.

And it goes REALLY slow over dead zombies, and through undead crowds, we're talking like 4 MPH.

or at the very least let us drive them, maybe explain the military has locks on the firing mechanism so you need a password to use the turret. just let us use them as battering rams for enemy walls and stuff.

It's not like zombies exactly blow up tanks. they at most can get the door open and get inside or drag the crying crew outside of it.

Thats pretty much up for the devs to decide, but its as a big no in the common suggestion list, so i wont get my hopes up about it.

Look over here please:

zombies still see-guide on game beginnig is telling that to us,so they shouldn't be immune to be blind.

i dont want OP items in game,but more powerful is welcome(at least for me),but if they will be rarer than for other actual weapons in game(and ammo to them too)recoil and accuracy might be added too to provide balance in game,with this auto weapons might be not OP

and something else: when i said abandoned trucks i mean for example military jeeps and lorries with supplies ,Tanks in game will be OP,just imagine:you getting into tank and you destroying everything;zombies,buildings,and other objects

I'm not expecting from indiestone to adding all this items to game,but i believe they will add at least some of them

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to some military items, obviously if it's setup around high risk high reward, but I don't think we should have random military trucks sitting around, just keep the rare loot centered around the military base.

As for having Jeeps and what not, why can't we have jeeps? Were going to have cars, a military jeep at a military base should be acceptable.

On armored zombies:

"While I like the general idea of this, there's a bit of a flaw in the tank armored military/police/survivor zombie thing from a realism perspective (yeah I know, blah blah zombies aren't real). If only headshots are effective, all armor is going to do is make the zombie less balanced than it already is, and therefore even more vulnerable to being knocked down and incapacitated enough to get an easy headshot in.

Really, it'd probably fall down long before anyone came along to loot its 30lb vest full of steel plates."

But as for tanks, I really can't see them being useful for a whole lot unless the Reds show up. Yes, you can level buildings, yes you can plow through zombies, but I'd hardly think the thing you'd want to be in would be a 50 ton, deafeningly loud, windowless steel box which has a fuel economy measured in GALLONS PER MILE. Not to mention it requires extensive training and a full 3-4 man crew to operate with any effectiveness.

All in all, throwing tanks in isn't as earthshattering as it seems, if done right. It can give huge advantages to a player, but the risks absolutely must overweight the reward.

On armored zombies:

"While I like the general idea of this, there's a bit of a flaw in the tank armored military/police/survivor zombie thing from a realism perspective (yeah I know, blah blah zombies aren't real). If only headshots are effective, all armor is going to do is make the zombie less balanced than it already is, and therefore even more vulnerable to being knocked down and incapacitated enough to get an easy headshot in.

Really, it'd probably fall down long before anyone came along to loot its 30lb vest full of steel plates."

But as for tanks, I really can't see them being useful for a whole lot unless the Reds show up. Yes, you can level buildings, yes you can plow through zombies, but I'd hardly think the thing you'd want to be in would be a 50 ton, deafeningly loud, windowless steel box which has a fuel economy measured in GALLONS PER MILE. Not to mention it requires extensive training and a full 3-4 man crew to operate with any effectiveness.

All in all, throwing tanks in isn't as earthshattering as it seems, if done right. It can give huge advantages to a player, but the risks absolutely must overweight the reward.

Lol i can imagine players trying to fill a fuel tank with 2 jerry cans

Tanks are okey, they are slow, loud and they consume A LOT of fuel. Having those 5 min of Goodlike mode is ok considering all the above.

O bet that most of us would preffer to use that gas to fuel up 4-5 average cars and be able to drive fastet and further and take more stuff with you.