Option to make non playable characters, playable.

chollington

I would like it that when NPC's are implemented, and when you can communicate with them (form a group with NPC's) you have an option to play on as one of the NPC's if your character was to get infected and die. It would extend the game time and would give the option to make it more about how long your group could survive.

It could have some nice gameplay mechanics I.E after your character has died due to infection I think it would be fun to play as one of the NPC's and watch your previous character come back as a zombie.

I hope this hasnt been suggested/ makes sense?

Also a seperate button to climb through windows would make things a lot easier as often trying to escape a horde not clicking in the right place on the window can kill you.

I like the suggestion about switching, and I guess it could be made a sandbox option.

Also a seperate button to climb through windows would make things a lot easier as often trying to escape a horde not clicking in the right place on the window can kill you.

There already is a hotkey!? Just hold E standing infront of an open window.

This is a cool idea. 

Perhaps this could be implemented as a "drop-in" multiplayer feature, where someone is hosting a game in progress and a new player joins up. That way you don't have to disrupt the game universe to add a player.

EDIT: Also this would save players from the "Oh god my friend died in multiplayer but I'm still alive, guess he gets to sit around for twenty minutes." problem.

Glad you like the idea. I agree about the sandbox option, perhaps after the "You survived for X days" screen pops up, there could be an option to continue, and maybe a selection of the NPC's and there positive and negative traits. I don't think it would be too hard to implement into the final game either.

I like the suggestion about switching, and I guess it could be made a sandbox option.

There already is a hotkey!? Just hold E standing infront of an open window.

They just close the window again for me... unless I've smashed it.

The only way I could possibly back this is if you had the best possible relationship with the NPC in question (Loyal Companion or Lover). That way, they'd be seen as someone interested in continuing the legacy of your dead character.

I like it for sandbox, won't be any stranger to have an actual party member keep your legacy going - (even if you hated them and vice-versa) - than it would be for some random new person to magically run directly towards the previous safehouse.

I also like it, once you have good friends among the NPCs you could continue as one of them if you die.

Your old (if zombiefied) self could also wander off to places you visited a lot as it has vague memories left in it...